Black People : The Essence of Success

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Khonsu, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Khonsu

Khonsu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    1. Set your eyes on the goal.

Is this what you really want?

Then go for it! Have a passion for it. Without passion,

life becomes a drag and so will your endeavors.

It will be easy to sleep on it and

forget about it.

2. Know your potentials,

both hidden and known.

Failures usually bring your potentials to the surface.

If you're not willing to learn from your mistakes,

you're not willing.

Nobody else can be responsible for your success.

Your potentials are your

greatest resources to attain your ideals.

3. Be ready to experiment.

If one way doesn't work for you, be ready

to go another way.

Success comes from knowing more than

one way.

4. Have the attitude that success

is already with you.

Smell it, sense it, grasp it.

Too many people waste too much energy

believing it impossible when they should

have worked at it being possible.

Believe in yourself.

Success is there.

Peace

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Excellent motivation!:welldone:

3. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Great stuff. Success in my eyes is not the place where the world recognizes but the obstacles that are overcome to get to that place.

To maximize success which has a universal formula and that formula has to be meant for good. Not mean spiritness and selfishness.

Thanks.

4. Khonsu

Khonsu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    '' Self ''

There are various methoda for realizing the self . All are based on the removal . of limiting ideas in regard to oneself and the Universe . Just as a container creates the illusion that the space inside it is separate and smaller , So the mind creates its own walls , And hence , the illusion of separation from the self . '' Not this , not this , '' is a method of analysis by negation or denial . It is a means of approach . By finding out what a particular subject is not like , one can move towards an underStandIng of what it is like Through this process of negation , one can approach an understandIng of real happiness ; By realizing that it does not lie in Wealth , Power , Fame ,

Or any other object of worldly pursuit . Through negation of everything that can be known via the senses , One exhausts the mental modifications ; And He / She finds the answer within . Ultimately . direct experience is necessary , For it is not a matter of intellectual understandIng . An Enosite is not His / Her house , Nor is He or She , His or Her job . For these are subject to change , But an Enosite remains the same ,

It is useless to identify with clothing or Hair Style . Yet all are subject to this form of illusion from Time to Time . The real you , which is sometimes called the self is one's essential nature . Is neither body nor senses ; The body and senses are mere . external qualities of the self . The serious spiritual person negates identifcation with all things of this world which are not real . The Enosite negates the mind by saying ; '' I'm not this personality , '' I'm not these desires , '' I'm not these fears , ''

Until eventually , all things within worldly experience are negated , Nothing remains but the self . In this kind of meditation , union with the absolute is achieved by denial of body , Mind , Name , Form , Intellect , Senses , And all limiting adjucts , The true '' I '' remains . Which is absolute existence , knowledge , bliss , One should obseve the play of life as though He or She were watching a movie . But again he does not identify with it .

Whatever situations one experiences , His or Her reaction should be , '' I am not involved in this , I am only watching it happen , '' This entails introspection, And close awareness of the mental waves . The mind does not want to be watched , And will soon slow down its activiies , But it does not give up without a struggle . In many ways it will deceive and persuade one to stop watching it .

It is such a powerful force , that it is capable of dragging the attention wherever it goes . Unles extreme watchfulness is practiced . Many , many times it will divert the attention from its focus . One must observe this with patience , Then firmly return to the witness states , Taking care not to fight the mind , But only to gently guide it .