Black Spirituality Religion : The Eradication of the Goddess in the Bible - Asherah!

ru2religious

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 10, 2008
I feel it necessary to start a thread dealing with the goddess aka God aspect of everything in concerns to the Middle so-called East. What promoted this writing is based on a topic from a different thread. This may be a little lengthy if you will but it could be a learning experience for those who assume that the patriarchal system was the system of the so-called Middle East where the patriarchal system now has its strong hold.

Speaking to all of the deities of the Middle East not one was without daughters or a wife and they were all of superiority over the male deities. These goddesses varied in personalities but were most certainty well known and worshiped. You have the ancient Canaanite goddesses Anath who played a major role and was even known unto the Egyptian and the Hebrews. Then there is Aruru (Sumeria) who was originally know as the potter who created all of Humanity out of clay - her story resembles that of Khnum of Gebt.u aka Km.t/Egypt. Then there was Allat who was the daughter of Allah (Allah had 3 daughters) and naturally the ancient Hebrew goddess Asherah who was the goddesses of Gods and Goddess - she represented the sacred cow like Hathor - she traveled the seas like Mami Wata, she was the lady of the Heavens and she maintained the attribute of all the gods and goddess - she was the life force. There were many goddesses such as Inanna, Aramaiti, Deborah (biblical Deborah = Queen Bee), Fatima, etc ....

Based on the title of this thread I want to spend my time talking about Asherah because she was truly the Goddesses of the bible who have been made evil in the site of the Yahweh her husband.

Before we really establish her position and I would love for scholars on this topic to add their knowledge to this as well - but we have to establish first that in Genesis chapter one when the word "God" was being used it was actually talking about Goddess. Using the English dialect certain words were used in reference such as 'him' and 'he' which was to create a patriarchal atmosphere. Nevertheles, the truth of what was actually being disclosed will come to light - even using modern scientific techniques.

In the scriptures the opening of the Torah/Pentateuch aka books of Moses in Genesis chapter 1 the word God is used upward to 31 times. The Hebrew word for god is Elohym/Elohim. Here is the definition of the word Elohym:

H430
אלהים
'ĕlôhı̂ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.

The word 'Elohym' was more accurately speaking - a multiple of deities and not just one. As a matter of fact the word would actually be closely associated to masculine and feminine deities - For example if you were talking about masculine deities alone you would say 'Elym/Elim' for plural masculine deities.

The feminine word for Goddess is 'Eloah' which is found throughout the bible as well. Eloh giving to the ancient word would have in fact been spelled 'Alah' which is actually the feminine Hebrew form for the word 'God' just as Eloh/Eloah is. Going back to the definition given above you find the 'dess' in the word.

I proposes that the god of the Genesis chapter 1 was in fact goddesses and gods because the 'IM' used on the feminine Eloh/Alah brings a masculine overtone to it though 'im' usually signifies plurality. Secondly it had to be both gender deities because of what the scriptures say still yet in Genesis chapter 1.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

In the very first chapter lets get this straight - male was not created before female though later the bible tried to give this story of Eve coming from mans rib. There is an esoteric meaning to that and it has nothing to do with Eve being a literal woman because Adam means male and female and not solely male. Adam was having babies within its own tribe. To re-establish this point Genesis chapter 5 makes it more clear.

Genesis 5:1-2 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, AND CALLED THEIR NAME ADAM, in the day when they were created.

While I'm drawing attention to the female gods - let me make mention that the feminine aspect was born before the masculine aspect in Adam. Through the so-called curse of Eve you will find that she was not first ruled by the male but possible the ruler of the male as the scripture suggest by putting her under the ruler-ship of man.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

This clearly denotes that the male at first didn't rule over the female aspect but it was only through this so-called curse that she was made to be of service to him. Bible folks if you believe that the male was first I've provided two scriptures which shows you that male and females were created at the same time - and it would be wise of you to consider that if God created man in his own image that you would take into consideration that FIRST: Man/Adam/Humankind means male and female just like God/Elohym means God and Goddess. If God was only male then who's image was the female created in? Secondly, science has a say in this as well.

All baby when conceived in the stomach are females in gender until the 6th week. Don't get mad at me - your god as you believe created it like this. Personally I think it shows a stamp to which gender was actually created first so the long question as to which was created first male or female is answered scientifically and on a biblical bases. When the testosterone is produced that is when a male becomes a male but if it is not produced in the woman seed then that baby will be a female after 6 weeks +. So then this takes us back to the bible male and female being created and not the off story that is provided in the book which states that man or male was first and woman was taken from the rib. That story comes from the ancient Sumerians.

Going back to subject - If man aka Adam was created male and female then there had to be female God(dess[es]) in the picture. If not then answer me this - in who's image was the woman created in? Don't think for one moment that these so-called Gods of the bible wasn't in human form. In Genesis chapter 6 the Sons of God came down unto the daughters of men and made them have baby which means they had human sex organs and was able to produce semen just like a human beings today. If they had male organs and was able to produce semen to have kids - what makes you think there weren't daughter of the gods to have sex with? Remember they were the sons aka kids of the god which means they were having sex in the heavens if you will. As is above so is below!!! Secondly, in the very next verse - Genesis chapter 2 it reads:

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The word spirit is the word 'Ruach' which is feminine - moved upon the face of the waters. Oh!!! O!!! Wait a minute now one of the personalities of Asherah is that she traveled the waters aka Sea - or moved upon the face of the deep/waters aka just like Mami Wata - African origins.

So now we are back to the topic of this thread - Asherah the goddess of the bible and the eradication of her. We see in the beginning that she was actually there. Her personality was there - but is that the only place that she is mentioned in the bible? Of course not and I'm not talking by name. Proverbs the whole book is about her and her saying.

One of the symbols of Asherah is that of the tree of life. Well guess what the goddess who is spoken of in the book of proverbs just so happens to be a tree of life.

Proverbs 3:13-19 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. 14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. 16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. 17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. 18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her. 19 The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

She is the tree of life is what these scriptures say - a symbol of Asherah - which is to say "she is the tree of life". Remember Asherah symbol is the tree of life but lets us not forget she is also the force of life. In verse 19 of that scriptures above - it states that "the LORD by WISDOM has founded the earth" - in other words without her/Asherah the LORD couldn't have founded the earth... - it was impossible because he needs her - she is the power force behind the creation of the earth and he used her power aka Asherah to make it happen.

Examine these scriptures closely:

Proverbs 8:24-30 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: 26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. 27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: 28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: 29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: 30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

Okay!!! lets not get it twisted - without her Asherah - Yahweh couldn't bust a grape - he used her to make this so-called planet if you believe in the story. Without her it couldn't be done and according to the bible especially for those Hebrews - it reads

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Don't you know that knowledge is the mother principle which is wisdom - she doesn't play but our people today especially these so-called Hebrew Israelites have forgotten the mother principle and because you have forgotten the mother the Father will forget you - but why? Because its the laws of the universe - don't y`all get it - this is the esoteric wisdom of what Christians have been using as their favorite verse forever unknowing its true meaning. The father cannot exist without the mother and the mother without the father ... proverbs 8 as I gave you the scriptures above let you know that the masculine needs the feminine in order to create - a woman needs a man in order to create a baby - its the laws of the universe - As is above so is below. Rejecting the mother goddess is a good as rejecting the father god.

This is scientific - Please understand that no Atom/Adam/Aten work without the Electron which is the feminine energy of a Atom. All things are Aten aka Atoms and Aten the Egyptian deity is androgynous masculine and feminine which is Atoms - Electrons and Protons. Without the Electron no Atom can work which is why 'The Lord' through wisdom created the earth - without wisdom - aka electrons and it counter partner protons - things fall apart. back to the scripture ... and I quote "because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, .... "

Because you have rejected the feminine aspect of the bible says "I will also rejected you" - the masculine cannot exist without the feminine and vise versa and thus it rejects because it is without any force or operation without it. Furthermore it reasons - you shall be no priest to me seeing that you have forgotten the law (singular) of of thy God" ... here we go again - the word God is the Hebrew Elohym which is to say Gods and Goddesses. The law (singular is balance) unity of the masculine and the feminine and that is what we've forgotten because we were taught to forget the feminine aspect - the electron, of the aten/atom - etc ... This is what the esoteric science is of that scripture - you cannot forget the feminine essence or no life can be because as you know Eve's name which is CHAVAH the Hovah of YA`HOVAH (Yah=masculine Hovah/Havah = feminine) cannot operate without its counter and likewise the other way around.

Based on biblical history - they used to worship the Mother Goddess Hathor (in Africa) aka Asherah (Middle East) which have the same personality as their other symbol is being that of the Sacred Cow. Now Hathor aka Ht Heru and Asherah has the same personalities if you will.

Hathor = Sacred Cow
Asherah = Sacred Cow

Hathor = Sekmet aka lioness Goddess
Asherah = Riding a sacred Lion

Hathor = Goddess of birth
Asherah = Goddess of birth

Hathor = nursed the Pharaohs with her milk
Asherah = was called the Wet Nurse - because of her milk and nursing

There are more connection as far as the golden calf which is what every Pharaoh understand - including the Hebrews when Moses was in the mountain and they created the golden calf - as a form to the new introduction to the new Pharaoh whom Hathor/Asherah gave birth to - I wont go to far into that because that is a different topic for a different day and time wont permit that.

Now the last point that I wanted to make about this whole topic - I believe Asherah to be over even Yahweh because EL Shaddia (modern Jewish translation = God Almighty but not accurate) was over Yahweh in the bible as his parent.

This scripture alone is a different topic for a different day - but lets get at it in defense to Asherah:

Deuteronomy 32:8-9 When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel. 9 For the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

The word 'Most High' in verse 8 is the Hebrew words 'Elyon' and alternative word for the more commonly used 'El Shaddai' which modernly means 'God Almighty' (El Shaddai = destroyer or Almighty as well) and in verse 9 the word 'LORD' is the Hebrew word 'YeHovah/Jehovah/Yahweh'.

Back to Deuteronomy 32.8-9 the Most High divided the inheritance to the nation (cultures) their inheritance but it was to the LORD or YAHWEH/JEHOVAH that he gave the Israelites too. Interesting points to make here:

First ) The Most High is over Yahweh/Jehovah as the parent by giving him and inheritance.

Second ) The name Most High is an attribute of the world El Shaddai that is Elyone which is more or a masculine - but El Shaddai is feminie - which comes from the root word 'Sad/Shad' which means breast. El Shad/El Shaddai ' means 'one from the Breast' - one of Asherah titles is 'one from the Womb' and at times 'One from the Breast'.

I will stop right here but there is a lot of room for scholarship here - and I'm waiting to hear from some of the scholars from the forum.

Nye

Ru2religious

I feel it necessary to start a thread dealing with the goddess aka God aspect of everything in concerns to the Middle so-called East. What promoted this writing is based on a topic from a different thread. This may be a little lengthy if you will but it could be a learning experience for those who assume that the patriarchal system was the system of the so-called Middle East where the patriarchal system now has its strong hold.

Speaking to all of the deities of the Middle East not one was without daughters or a wife and they were all of superiority over the male deities. These goddesses varied in personalities but were most certainty well known and worshiped. You have the ancient Canaanite goddesses Anath who played a major role and was even known unto the Egyptian and the Hebrews. Then there is Aruru (Sumeria) who was originally know as the potter who created all of Humanity out of clay - her story resembles that of Khnum of Gebt.u aka Km.t/Egypt. Then there was Allat who was the daughter of Allah (Allah had 3 daughters) and naturally the ancient Hebrew goddess Asherah who was the goddesses of Gods and Goddess - she represented the sacred cow like Hathor - she traveled the seas like Mami Wata, she was the lady of the Heavens and she maintained the attribute of all the gods and goddess - she was the life force. There were many goddesses such as Inanna, Aramaiti, Deborah (biblical Deborah = Queen Bee), Fatima, etc ....

Based on the title of this thread I want to spend my time talking about Asherah because she was truly the Goddesses of the bible who have been made evil in the site of the Yahweh her husband.

Before we really establish her position and I would love for scholars on this topic to add their knowledge to this as well - but we have to establish first that in Genesis chapter one when the word "God" was being used it was actually talking about Goddess. Using the English dialect certain words were used in reference such as 'him' and 'he' which was to create a patriarchal atmosphere. Nevertheles, the truth of what was actually being disclosed will come to light - even using modern scientific techniques.

In the scriptures the opening of the Torah/Pentateuch aka books of Moses in Genesis chapter 1 the word God is used upward to 31 times. The Hebrew word for god is Elohym/Elohim. Here is the definition of the word Elohym:

H430
אלהים
'ĕlôhı̂ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty

The word 'Elohym' was more accurately speaking - a multiple of deities and not just one. As a matter of fact the word would actually be closely associated to masculine and feminine deities - For example if you were talking about masculine deities alone you would say 'Elym/Elim' for plural masculine deities.

The feminine word for Goddess is 'Eloah' which is found throughout the bible as well. Eloh giving to the ancient word would have in fact been spelled 'Alah' which is actually the feminine Hebrew form for the word 'God' just as Eloh/Eloah is. Going back to the definition given above you find the 'dess' in the word.

I proposes that the god of the Genesis chapter 1 was in fact goddesses and gods because the 'IM' used on the feminine Eloh/Alah brings a masculine overtone to it though 'im' usually signifies plurality. Secondly it had to be both gender deities because of what the scriptures say still yet in Genesis chapter 1.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

In the very first chapter lets get this straight - male was not created before female though later the bible tried to give this story of Eve coming from mans rib. There is an esoteric meaning to that and it has nothing to do with Eve being a literal woman because Adam means male and female and not solely male. Adam was having babies within its own tribe. To re-establish this point Genesis chapter 5 makes it more clear.

Genesis 5:1-2 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, AND CALLED THEIR NAME ADAM, in the day when they were created.

While I'm drawing attention to the female gods - let me make mention that the feminine aspect was born before the masculine aspect in Adam. Through the so-called curse of Eve you will find that she was not first ruled by the male but possible the ruler of the male as the scripture suggest by putting her under the ruler-ship of man.

Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

This clearly denotes that the male at first didn't rule over the female aspect but it was only through this so-called curse that she was made to be of service to him. Bible folks if you believe that the male was first I've provided two scriptures which shows you that male and females were created at the same time - and it would be wise of you to consider that if God created man in his own image that you would take into consideration that FIRST: Man/Adam/Humankind means male and female just like God/Elohym means God and Goddess. If God was only male then who's image was the female created in? Secondly, science has a say in this as well.

All baby when conceived in the stomach are females in gender until the 6th week. Don't get mad at me - your god as you believe created it like this. Personally I think it shows a stamp to which gender was actually created first so the long question as to which was created first male or female is answered scientifically and on a biblical bases. When the testosterone is produced that is when a male becomes a male but if it is not produced in the woman seed then that baby will be a female after 6 weeks +. So then this takes us back to the bible male and female being created and not the off story that is provided in the book which states that man or male was first and woman was taken from the rib. That story comes from the ancient Sumerians.

Going back to subject - If man aka Adam was created male and female then there had to be female God(dess[es]) in the picture. If not then answer me this - in who's image was the woman created in? Don't think for one moment that these so-called Gods of the bible wasn't in human form. In Genesis chapter 6 the Sons of God came down unto the daughters of men and made them have baby which means they had human sex organs and was able to produce semen just like a human beings today. If they had male organs and was able to produce semen to have kids - what makes you think there weren't daughter of the gods to have sex with? Remember they were the sons aka kids of the god which means they were having sex in the heavens if you will. As is above so is below!!! Secondly, in the very next verse - Genesis chapter 2 it reads:

Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

The word spirit is the word 'Ruach' which is feminine - moved upon the face of the waters. Oh!!! O!!! Wait a minute now one of the personalities of Asherah is that she traveled the waters aka Sea - or moved upon the face of the deep/waters aka just like Mami Wata - African origins.

So now we are back to the topic of this thread - Asherah the goddess of the bible and the eradication of her. We see in the beginning that she was actually there. Her personality was there - but is that the only place that she is mentioned in the bible? Of course not and I'm not talking by name. Proverbs the whole book is about her and her saying.

One of the symbols of Asherah is that of the tree of life. Well guess what the goddess who is spoken of in the book of proverbs just so happens to be a tree of life.

Proverbs 3:13-19 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. 14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. 16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. 17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. 18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her. 19 The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

She is the tree of life is what these scriptures say - a symbol of Asherah - which is to say "she is the tree of life". Remember Asherah symbol is the tree of life but lets us not forget she is also the force of life. In verse 19 of that scriptures above - it states that "the LORD by WISDOM has founded the earth" - in other words without her/Asherah the LORD couldn't have founded the earth... - it was impossible because he needs her - she is the power force behind the creation of the earth and he used her power aka Asherah to make it happen.

Examine these scriptures closely:

Proverbs 8:24-30 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. 25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: 26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. 27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: 28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: 29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: 30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

Okay!!! lets not get it twisted - without her Asherah - Yahweh couldn't bust a grape - he used her to make this so-called planet if you believe in the story. Without her it couldn't be done and according to the bible especially for those Hebrews - it reads

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Don't you know that knowledge is the mother principle which is wisdom - she doesn't play but our people today especially these so-called Hebrew Israelites have forgotten the mother principle and because you have forgotten the mother the Father will forget you - but why? Because its the laws of the universe - don't y`all get it - this is the esoteric wisdom of what Christians have been using as their favorite verse forever unknowing its true meaning. The father cannot exist without the mother and the mother without the father ... proverbs 8 as I gave you the scriptures above let you know that the masculine needs the feminine in order to create - a woman needs a man in order to create a baby - its the laws of the universe - As is above so is below. Rejecting the mother goddess is a good as rejecting the father god.

This is scientific - Please understand that no Atom/Adam/Aten work without the Electron which is the feminine energy of a Atom. All things are Aten aka Atoms and Aten the Egyptian deity is androgynous masculine and feminine which is Atoms - Electrons and Protons. Without the Electron no Atom can work which is why 'The Lord' through wisdom created the earth - without wisdom - aka electrons and it counter partner protons - things fall apart. back to the scripture ... and I quote "because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, .... "

Because you have rejected the feminine aspect of the bible says "I will also rejected you" - the masculine cannot exist without the feminine and vise versa and thus it rejects because it is without any force or operation without it. Furthermore it reasons - you shall be no priest to me seeing that you have forgotten the law (singular) of of thy God" ... here we go again - the word God is the Hebrew Elohym which is to say Gods and Goddesses. The law (singular is balance) unity of the masculine and the feminine and that is what we've forgotten because we were taught to forget the feminine aspect - the electron, of the aten/atom - etc ... This is what the esoteric science is of that scripture - you cannot forget the feminine essence or no life can be because as you know Eve's name which is CHAVAH the Hovah of YA`HOVAH (Yah=masculine Hovah/Havah = feminine) cannot operate without its counter and likewise the other way around.

Based on biblical history - they used to worship the Mother Goddess Hathor (in Africa) aka Asherah (Middle East) which have the same personality as their other symbol is being that of the Sacred Cow. Now Hathor aka Ht Heru and Asherah has the same personalities if you will.

Hathor = Sacred Cow
Asherah = Sacred Cow

Hathor = Sekmet aka lioness Goddess
Asherah = Riding a sacred Lion

Hathor = Goddess of birth
Asherah = Goddess of birth

Hathor = nursed the Pharaohs with her milk
Asherah = was called the Wet Nurse - because of her milk and nursing

There are more connection as far as the golden calf which is what every Pharaoh understand - including the Hebrews when Moses was in the mountain and they created the golden calf - as a form to the new introduction to the new Pharaoh whom Hathor/Asherah gave birth to - I wont go to far into that because that is a different topic for a different day and time wont permit that.

Now the last point that I wanted to make about this whole topic - I believe Asherah to be over even Yahweh because EL Shaddia (modern Jewish translation = God Almighty but not accurate) was over Yahweh in the bible as his parent.

This scripture alone is a different topic for a different day - but lets get at it in defense to Asherah:

Deuteronomy 32:8-9 When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel. 9 For the LORD'S portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

The word 'Most High' in verse 8 is the Hebrew words 'Elyon' and alternative word for the more commonly used 'El Shaddai' which modernly means 'God Almighty' (El Shaddai = destroyer or Almighty as well) and in verse 9 the word 'LORD' is the Hebrew word 'YeHovah/Jehovah/Yahweh'.

Back to Deuteronomy 32.8-9 the Most High divided the inheritance to the nation (cultures) their inheritance but it was to the LORD or YAHWEH/JEHOVAH that he gave the Israelites too. Interesting points to make here:

First ) The Most High is over Yahweh/Jehovah as the parent by giving him and inheritance.

Second ) The name Most High is an attribute of the world El Shaddai that is Elyone which is more or a masculine - but El Shaddai is feminie - which comes from the root word 'Sad/Shad' which means breast. El Shad/El Shaddai ' means 'one from the Breast' - one of Asherah titles is 'one from the Womb' and at times 'One from the Breast'.

I will stop right here but there is a lot of room for scholarship here - and I'm waiting to hear from some of the scholars from the forum.

Nye

Ru2religious

yes. The Hebrews did worship a female goddesses but they were judged for that.

as far as Adam and Eve story, it begins with them in regards to creation, but the Bible does make it plain that there were other beings on the earth prior to them.

She is not the only one, Lilith was God, the whole adam's wife story was just a allegory made up cover the real story.

i've heard of a Lilith story before on anothr site before, but in regards to the Bible, it's not in there. So would mean to me that it would be just simply two different stories that come from two different sources.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

The Eradication of the Goddess in the Bible - Asherah!

i've heard of a Lilith story before on another site before, but in regards to the Bible, it's not in there. So would mean to me that it would be just simply two different stories that come from two different sources.

.......Chevron,

This issue concerning lilith, alone, is very complicated, not to mention whether or not it is in the Bible. I'm here to speak on the latter portion only. Although its hard work to derive at the legitimacy of the term appearing in God's word, it can be found in the book of Isaiah 34, specifically, verse: 14.

Please follow me here; while the Bible is not a history book or a book on history, history itself, does not escape the Bible. Anyone knowing me or has dialogued with me, has probably heard/read this before; it is the only view, in my opinion, which can be used to fully digest God's word, cautiously.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back