Black People : The Enemy Within

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

kinda scarey ... but nothing those before us have not endured ... thanks for sharing

:heart:

Destee

3. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    It's also black people who spread crime through out our communities and use race as an excuse for doing so, lets not forget them.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    in philly we have a black major and a black police commissioner and a black crime wave.
    every week there is some new atrocity done by young brothers with guns.

self destruction.​

our major challenge is to heal ourselves from post traumatic slavery syndrome.

5. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    This has always been one of the problems we can’t agree on. This will be a problem as long as we have more children without real concern if we can raise them properly, or give them the time needed to raise them with good family standards. As long as we have more crime than other races how do we expect them to not use this as an excuse. Most of us also like to move away from an all black area just for the crime when we can afford it to protect our families. There is always a lot of excuses and nobody wants to except responsibility so nothing changes. So far about the only thing we talk about much is the amount of blacks in prison is too high. So sounds like our solution is to let more criminals out on the street.

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    If I can use the saying of one of our Dear fellow Family Members here:

"OUR SKIN FOLK AIN'T OUR KIN FOLK!"

KD

7. Ramses VIIII

Ramses VIIII Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    you forgot one

Madame CJ Walker is responsible for black women perming their hair and also ran a brothel where white men could pay for sex from black women.

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ...Not saying that you are wrong, but for 'consciousness' purposes, can you provide a source or two supporting what you mentioned?

KD

9. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    I guarantee these vermin you eloquently described brother Keita would cast themselves as conservatives, republicans, right-wingers etc.

The conservative agenda in the U.S. has a dubious track record of being pro-slavery, anti-women's rights, anti-civil rights, anti-labor, pro-corporatism which is detrimental to the collective welfare of Black people. Yet for some demented reason there's always a presence of self-hating negroes who crusade in a counterproductive role with those who are actively trying to suppress our right of passage whether it be economic, political or social.

It is this reason alone which I can't imagine for the life of me why any Black man and woman would choose to participate in the Amerikkkan geo-political realm of conservative/right-wing politics.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

When i first read this thread, Brother Keita's post, my mind went to the devastation caused by us violating each other. I realize this is a very real phenomena in our communities, both today and in the past.

As additional names of our Ancestors are added to this thread, calling them "enemies" and "vermin" i'm vexed in my Spirit.

I believe that we must be very, very, careful when speaking on those who have gone before us, in a negative light. We have no personal experience to rely on, as it relates to what they were facing, when decisions were made. We do know that they had an overwhelming challenge before them, living during the time they did. We know that if not for their determination to survive, we would not be here. We do know that there are many living today, doing much worse to us, and know better. We don't know that they knew better. We don't know that it was their intent to hurt us, by doing what they did. It has only been history that has revealed this to us, and given who has been the keeper of that history, is reason enough for cautiousness.

For example, i see Madame CJ Walker's name listed in this thread. While we can all clearly see now, that moving away from our own reality, our own hair, our own beauty, was not good for us ... we don't know that she saw, what we now see generations later. It could be that she believed with her whole heart that she was helping her people. Remember, we couldn't even get jobs ... and it's still that way in many cases today ... unless we conformed to the status quo. I'm sure the pressure was greater then, than it is now. She no doubt helped make the difference between eating and starving for many families, just by doing what she did. There is always more than one way to view a situation.

Is there an incident in your life that could be put under a magnifying glass, and because of it, you too be considered an enemy?

We don't want to disrespect our Ancestors, for we need them.

I would caution us all to tread carefully.

:heart:

Destee