Black Sports : The end has officially come for Tyson!

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Hand-picked opponent Kevin McBride stopped former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson in round six Saturday night at the MCI Center in Washington DC. Tyson did not look sharp early on, missing with wide shots. Tyson (50-6-2, 44 KOs) tried chopping down McBride to the body in round four, however McBride (33-4-1, 27 KOs) trapped Tyson on the ropes in round five and did some damage. They went toe-to-toe in round six, and a desperate Tyson started getting dirty. He was deducted two points for a clearly intentional headbutt which cut McBride over the left eye. Iron Mike was also warned by referee Joe Cortez for trying to break McBride's arm. At the end of the round Tyson was pushed to the canvas and struggled to get back to his corner where he quit on his stool. After the fight, Tyson said "I don't think I have it anymore....most likely I'm not going to fight anymore."

http://www.fightnews.com

Destee said:
it's sad to read this ... thanks for sharing Brother Pan.

:heart:

Destee

It was sadder to see this! Tyson got trash thrown at him when he walked back into his dressing room. The respect of the people, seems to have finally left him. I haven't been a believer of Tyson as a championship contender in many years, but even I didn't expect him to lose to this guy (nor to Danny Williams). Hopefully his pride will not let him step into the ring again...although he still needs money. I suggest he become a trainer.

panafrica said:
It was sadder to see this! Tyson got trash thrown at him when he walked back into his dressing room. The respect of the people, seems to have finally left him. I haven't been a believer of Tyson as a championship contender in many years, but even I didn't expect him to lose to this guy (nor to Danny Williams). Hopefully his pride will not let him step into the ring again...although he still needs money. I suggest he become a trainer.

Brother Pan ... that's a wonderful idea !!! ... he could become a trainer !!!

Wow ... i hope he's reading this !!!!

I can imagine that it was sadder to see. :(

Unfortunately, this is the end that some want all of us to experience.

I know many of Tyson's issues are a direct result of his own choices, but all those choices were mired in Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome.

A walk of shame is the intended end of all our people ... it seems.

:heart:

Destee

Man this was heavy , I didn't think Tyson had anything left in him
but i did feel he would win this fight man was i wrong now i believe
Tyson is washed up ....... I agree he should train at some gym the
young fighters coming up.......it is sad it's over for him.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back