Black People : the effeminization of the Black man in Hollywood.. film by Jeremiah Camara

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, Nov 11, 2011.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  2. noor100

noor100 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +566
    So sad and so true.

3. Kandrake

Kandrake Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    It is not black men who are being attacked, for even little white boys are dressed up like little girls (see the show "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" for reference). It is women who are being attacked, or perhaps I should say, anything that is 'feminine'. If femininity was firstly not applied as a 'woman's only' application, and secondly not demeaned as something inferior to masculinity, then men would not be threatened by the image of males wearing clothing that the modern West has deemed, 'for women only'. By applying negative connotations to 'effeminacy', what you're really doing is micro-aggressively insulting all people who are feminine (including feminine women) by implying that femininity is naturally below the stature of all men.

4. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    That's Hollywood madness for you, Almost all the Black actors have put on a dress somehow in Hollyweird as some call it, it's like an initiation ritual to join their club. Very Few actors Like Dave Chappelle have managed to take a stand against these demons in Hollywood.

5. Writeous1

Writeous1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +202
    People don't realize that the image of everyone and everything is in the hands of the media and Hollywood.

I remember when they started talking about that Down Low crap, they wouldn't let it die! They kept talking about it for weeks. And it was everywhere. On top of that, what they said made it seem like all black males were doing it -- "The Secret Life of Black Men." Today, their thing is to show gay black men whenever they can.

6. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    so because Feminine is the root word in the word Effeminization, and we are rejecting the idea of "the Effeminization of the black male image in hollywood".. Then we, by association, are rejecting anything Femine.. and since Women are Feminine, that means we are, by association, rejecting Women.

That is what you call a "mindfu##".. it's pure manipulation.. its a subtle association that is wholly inaccurate at best and deliberately misleading at worst.. context is truly everything.. you're talking about words.. and you're doing abstract language math to coming up with results that are only correct on the theoretical level where they were conceived and computed.. down here on the ground, in real life, they have no practical application.. er.. no constructive practical application that is..

What you have just done is equivalent to an old neighborhood ritual where an instigator, for his own entertainment usually, would attempt to goad two rivals into fighting by standing between the two of them and saying.. in rhythm.. "your mama wear panties" while extending the left hand, and then, "your mama don't" while extending the right hand giving the two rivals the zero-sum choice of being insulted or being insulting.. if one side slaps the "mama wears panties" hand, the instigator then takes that hand away, leaving only the "your mama don't" selection available.. he then looks at the other rival and says, "ooohh, he saying your mama don't wear panties!".. and usually that would be enough to get some of the weaker-minded kids fighting.. Thats how it was in my neighborhood until one day when the two rivals decided to not fight eachother and, instead, beat up the instigator. I was one of the two rivals.. and we whooped his as# for trying to get us to fight.. and from then on, the instigator-role faded from our neighborhood culture.. That was offline.. this is online so...

I'd like to suggest that you take your divisive diatribe on Masculinity versus Femininity.. (ie.. Black Men versus Black Women).. and roll it into a thread that can be presented and explored in its own right.. in its own space.. and within the proper context.. So that we, here, can have this conversation about the The Effeminization of the black man in Hollywood without having our comments bent into some sort of sideways attack on Women. how about that?

-peace.

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    wesley snipes is the ugliest woman of all time.....ewwwww....
    that was wrong on additional levels to what was already wrong....

one love
    khasm

8. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I dont think anybody anywhere could have said that better^^^ and I was ready to attack lol well said brother well said.:toast:

9. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    The real point is, why are we as a people buying into this crap?

take a look at Black Planet, the one of the largest groups there is the Tyler Perry group with a quarter of a million members.

When we were kids in the 60s we thought Geraldine Jones was funy , but it was from listening to Sonia Sanchez break it down in one of her long disertational poems at the Brooklyn Acadamy of Music when I was 11 that woke me out of that crap.

Who is there to wake our young people today?

I just saw 7 brothers with pig tails and breast wraps doing a dance skit on that dance for a million BS on NBC.

The point is where are our programs to bring some real culture and some real elements of role model Black men behavior and role model Black women behavior, to a much needed generation?

The devils are consistent, and since "The Birth of a Nation" they have been pursuing their agenda with gusto!

from Bamboozled

The Scottsboro Boys Musical

But what about us , where are our positive real movies?

We went from Panther, Malcolm X, Love Jones, the Inkwell, Rosewood, Hell up in Harlem, the Five Heartbeats, The Great Debaters, to;

SoulPlane? The Help? Medea does this and Medea does that?

When are we going to start making some serious (or even comedy) movies with pride and dignity!

10. wetac0s

wetac0s Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +272
    When you feminize men, it makes them less threatening. The white men in Hollywood are probably threatened by Black men so they feel the need to "downgrade" them (especially since so many White women flock to Black men).

I also notice a trend of Hollywood peddling Black females (light skinned & pretty) with White males. Watch any Zoey Saldana or Thandie Newton movie. Watch any "teen drama" like Vampire Diaries and you will see this trend.

IMO, Asian men get portrayed the worst in the media because they are either de-sexualized or made homosexual. They cut out an innocent kissing scene with Jet Li and Aliya in that Romeo Must Die movie.