Black Men : "The Effects Of Fatherlessness On The African American Family", Lecture by Tim Alexander (2hrs)

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
This is a MUST SEE!
I saw a comment on YouTube that mentioned misogyny as the main reason for the sexual revolution, female independence and I agree. Women took a lot of crap over the centuries and women independence was fought for over centuries and won after the pill was invented.

The genie is out the bottle, where will this lead to I'm not sure, but women have more options and fight to get them and keep them. And lets not be disingenuous, men have attractions to female independence too. So where do we go from here? Tim Alexander tries to address that and I give him coodos for that.

Women are breaking their conservative roles all over the world, India, Middle East, Africa, Central Asia, Asia, SE Asia and the reasons for that are attractive.

This is not the first time men became absent from homes, separated from their own children, when husbands did not come back. Wars and many wars, long protracted wars! Women with their kids were taken in by other men in polygamy, kings and noblemen had concubines after wars to support women and kids left without men, dead fathers left on the battle fields of wars.

Wars killed a lot of men and governments like kings took concubines, governments put polices in place to support the well being of broken families and fortify whole families and all of its people with policies that gave a baseline living standards with dignity and upward mobility. Going back is not the answer.

I think once people have a dignified baseline to thrive from and able, equipped and free to pursue their passions, females and males will naturally attract their traditional roles. It may not look like it was 50 years ago but those natural instincts will be satisfied over time.

Alexander stated (at the 51min mark) that since the "second wave of feminism" based on the documents he had that "out of wedlock births" and
divorces rose dramatically. This seems to substantiate the evidence on other threads about gloria steinem (sp) selling black
women on feminism to yield the kinds of results that he is speaking of...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back