Black People : The Economics of Maladjustment

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Tariq Muhammad, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Tariq Muhammad

Tariq Muhammad Active Member MEMBER

Computer Sales & Repair
    Ratings:
    +25
    Why do we suffer from this problem then?Why is the Black personality created? I try to get across the fact that that every maladjusted characteristic is not there by accident;it's not there simply because Europeans hate us:it's there because it maintains their economic dominance.If I've got money I can help you,I won't help you and you may not make it.It's not the absence of money...it's the presence of mistrust.If I will not cooperate,if you cannot rely on me then we cannot have an economic system,even though we may have money.In other word a people must trust,be reliable,be dependable,have respect for each other if they are to develop a viable economic system.When they have those kinds of relationships they have a social system and they can build and they grow economically.

2. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    Take a look at the corner grocery stores, across the nation

In my community and most of our communities there are Arabs, specificaly from Yemen, running the stores and owning this food-survival-resource business.
    They have been there steadily since the early 90s.
    The guy you see behind the counter is not the same guy there 2 years ago or even at times 3 months ago, yet if you ask, he is a cousin of the original owner.
    When you ask them were they came from, they reply, another store in Cali, or Miss or Georgia.
    When you ask were is the original cat one used to get thier juice and peanuts from, they tell you he is in another state, working yet another store
    When you ask how big this extended family of blood relations iis they tell you in the hundreds.

The reason why the concept of the NGuzo Saba, seems so important for our survival, and our prosperity, is that it gives us back, what was taken during slavery, the communal collective core of African culture, by virtue of nation building skills.

Since the Yemeni's, Korens and Dominicans we see, with the businesses in our communities, hold a tight nit economic structure by virtue of the codes of thier culture, it behooves us to first and foremost embrace the elements of our indigenous culture that obviously and scientificaly lead to our economic liberation.

Now the nation is facing the economic Katrina, we as a people have no choice but to take the simple and easy path of collective economics and solidarity, in how we spend, to build,

and how we collectivly refuse to spend, for defense.

One dollar per week from every Black man woman and child in this nation, put into a collectively and democraticaly governed and managed,
    resource, can easily and simply build a base at the end of only a year.

The issue realy is how to make these African centered concepts the IN THING for our youth,
    so that economic excellence and achievement become a healthy form of competition as to who can help build the community the most,
    as oppsed to the Illuminati's mind controling trends of fad, fashion, and sporting of death symbols, and nihilism in music and media

3. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    A daily and dedicated 24 hour going concern, is acting on methodologies and processes to turn our own children away from us, and towards the state, and a murderous and violent mindset, worshiping death symbols, and rejoicing in violent bloodthirsty video games and media.
    There is a need for our daily concern in even a small way to device methodologies, not only to protect our youth from this re-enslavement, put to foster the African -vcentered values, of thrift, and sound economic principles, as well as the spirit of industriousness.

Please take a look at the high schools in your area.

Notice if you will, that not only civics and the understanding of political ,
    procedures, motives, and ideologies have been removed from adolescent education, the industrious skills, that we have had for thousaands of years have been removed.
    the shop classes;
    Foundry; the sciences of metalurgy
    Wood shop; the rudiments of carpentry and the capacity to provide ones own and shelter for others
    Machine shop;
    the process of making machine parts, enabling one to create and hence own the means of productio , by making he machines that make the machines
    Electric shop;
    the understanding of the latest technologies in energy production, as well as basic repair
    Art;
    Our natural African creative expression, and the basis of architecture, drafting, and industrial design
    Music;
    The Europeans keeping in secret, the rudiments and elevating values if the harmonics of Kemetic temple music via classical music
    (Shekem Ur Shekem, class at Dean st armory temple, 1991)

These elements of industriousness, and the creative will to express an acumen for nation building, were startegicaly removed from the curriculum in many Black districts.
    wether or not the economics curriculum was watered down, I cannot say for a fact, however the concept of enterpreneurship was never freely available, even in the 70s when I was in HS.

So there is a serious need for the experts, those in the know, and the scholars as well as the input of each and every, to make an attempt to create and instill within our youth the ideology and the concept of
    "DO FOR SELF"
    that is

a real sense and manifestation of collective economics

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Tariq Muhammad,

Great talk, for real; what I get most from this is that there has to be a level of trust developed between our people in order to gain financial independence. Trust can also be indentified as an element missing in the one step away from greatness process...Peace In my brother friend.

5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    So True!

True Again!

If the collective monies were gathered. And the money was spent on bulk food, can goods, clothing, furniture, appliances all bought in bulk and warehoused in the various communities in all the cities across the United States.

By business licensed individuals, sometimes traveling to China, Thailand, Korea, Mexico etc.

Having all these bulk collective purchases made on behalf, and distributed back to those who contribute, could erase the poverty and make a difference in the Black Community.

To pool economically. It is expected that something beneficial will come from one’s effort and participation. And it should.

I have bought product from Thailand and Mexico. My next endeavor will be with business in Korea.

Any of the above items of food, clothing, and other perishable items can be purchased at wholesale and in bulk to benefit those participating.

As the growth is developed. I am willing to put on the line my credit card accepting credentials to further foster such an endeavor.

Credit card accepting can’t be taken lightly, for others personal and financial structure are in your hands. It can be structured. In a secure manner to pay for the bulk distributions. It can be structured to pay for the purchases made in bulk. Jobs are created, trucking has to happen. Warehousing and other things begin to spring forward. The list can become unlimited. Economic Freedom.

Not even considering what this would do to the established over priced goods and services we pay for without getting our moneys worth or sense of satisfaction.
    Cut out the Man and be the Men.

What is done is the mind set of many begin to foster. Unity and Trust.

From that stores can be individually opened by others trained and shown how to do so. business can be taught, and learned.

Old buildings in every community could be turned into machine shops. Training can be provided. Wood shops can be opened in the communities.
    Learning centers etc... Training can be taught.

Waiting for these things to ever be returned to the school systems will be waiting in vain.

6. Putney Swope

Ratings:
    +139
    The financing of such an endeavor is realy not hard.
    Unlike other thnic groups we are usualy dependant oncomercial financial institutions, but since they are holding onto thier dollars and fearing an upcoming demise, this is the golden opportunity, for us as a people to pool our resources to create new concerns, or support and encourage the existing Black owned financial institutions regarding the urgency of the matter.