Black Spirituality Religion : "The Ebony Exodus Project: Why Some Black Women Are Walking Out on Religion—and Others Should Too"

Published on Sep 15, 2013
Candace L. M. Gorham, LPC, discusses her new book, The Ebony Exodus Project: Why Some Black Women Are Walking Out on Religion—and Others Should Too. Drawing on her own past experience as an evangelical minister...
..."evangelical minister..."???

She was wrong from the start!

1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

This is why Jesus Christ said to "beware of false prophets".

He said that by their FRUITS (such as DISOBEYING 1 Corinthians 14:34-35) you shall know them.

The words of Jesus Christ:

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

"The Ebony Exodus Project: Why Some Black Women Are Walking Out on Religion..."

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/african-americans-lack-of-morals-and-the-slavery-connection.82694/

Anyone of average intelligence should see how this relates.

I have a question:

How can you disagree with a person's experience? This tells me that you just want to make trouble and not really participate in any meaningful discussion. You just want to rate members post just for the sake of it. My post was the experience of women I know, and even if it was my experience, how can you disagree with it?.

So act as if you are the sole judge of what can, and cannot be said about religion. You're immature, and you cannot handle chat which is the reason I don't deal with you except on a mod bases. If you're mad because your fellow believer have told you the samething I've told you, change it so when you do speak, you know what you're talking about.

So continue with insulting members intellect on the sly, it will catch up to you.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back