Black People : The Disappearing Honeybee and You

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Sep 26, 2010.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    We usually dismiss this kind of thing as a white problem. We don't have the time or the leisure to worry about insects.

But as the designated buffers, the truth is, we will feel the pain before whites allow themselves to feel it. So lets pay attention.

"If the bee disappears from the planet man will follow in four years. No bees, no pollination, no plants, no animals, no man." quotation attributed to Albert Einstein.

Roughly one third of the Earth's food supply comes from plants which depend on bees for pollination. When food is short who is going to make sure they eat first?

What's happening? Scientists don't know. The bees are just leaving their hives and not coming back. Although the media is full of stories about the dying bees there are no carcasses to show that they are dead. They leave their queens and yunguns behind to fend off predators and parasites by themselves. Further more the young bees' bodies have bacteria and fungi suggesting their immune systems have been compromised.

My theory is that these adult bees simply got fed up with being the slaves of commercial beekeepers who truck them around the country to pollinate genetically modified, pesticized, antibioticized plants. A thankless job.

It has also been suggested that radio and electromagnetic waves from wireless technology may have interfered with the bees' ability to find their way back home.

Of course we can always blame the Chinese and let's not forget the Muslims.

Is this the proverbial canary in the coal mine? You know how they would put a canary in a coal mine to check for invisible toxic gas. If the canary died they knew there was gas in the mine. Maybe we should take this as an indication that there is something toxic on our planet.

This may be the white man's fault but when we are paying $2 for an orange it will definitely be our problem.What can we do to take charge of our food? They are already talking about artificial pollination. What can we expect when we depend on artificial (capitalist) people for our food?

http://ezinearticles.com/?Honeybee-...r-Planets-Canary-in-the-Coal-Mine?&id=4554259

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    The pesticides are causing the serious damage, and the organic seem to be surviving, but
    Freemasonry is based in many apects on the plagiarization of African culture and the community of the hive has special signifiance to them,
    as it did in Kemetic Culture.

Honey is one of the oldest foods, and Raw African Honey is one of the most powerful superfoods.

3. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    I think about this every time I see a bee, and I wonder if the ones I'm seeing are yellowjackets or honeybees. Many of us don't know the difference and think all bees are the same because they look the same, but I heard that most of the bees we see are yellowjackets that do not pollinate, and not the honeybees that do.

I am definitely concerned, but why be concerned if I can't do anything? That's how my feelings goes - if I can't anything in my sphere to help it, hell wid'dit then. I get indifferent.

But one my FB friends noted a different concern that correlates wit this one. She went to the store to get watermelon. She noted all the store sold was seedless watermelon. She wanted watermelon with seeds, and the store said they didn't sell any. This kinda alarmed her a little. First, she is not being given a choice of what to buy, but is compelled to buy what is offered. I fear this will happen to a lot of others things as we lose choice. I like seedless fruit, but I realize the importance of seed fruits... and that where the other concern comes in....

Seedless fruits do not reproduce.

There is something up here, most definitely... and I think it all on purpose. I implore you to read some Octavia Butler, and 2 books called 'Mutant' and another called 'The Good Gene.' I already mentioned the The Good Gene here. Both are about biogenetic modification of humans and foods.... and control of the world. Normally you can dismiss stuff as fiction no doubt... but it's hitting too close to home. You never know... the bees could be disappearing on purpose. The population will not die out..... it sounds like the gov or one of it's entities is trying to control the entire food supply for it's people and will ration it out accordingly. Control the food supply... control the population.

What I suggest..... gardens, definitely.

Keep seeds from the fruit and vegetables you buy, replant. Coupla years ago my baby brought home a plastic bag with a wet paper towel in it and some seeds.... did you know seeds can start growing in that? I didn't. That was cool. Have some flowers planted outside or put some of your indoor potted plants outdoors in the spring in the summer. They invite the good insects like bees and ladybugs. I think you can even buy ladybugs... and maybe bees too?

Definitely needs to support more of the local farmer/home grower/farmers market instead of commercial groceries.

Yeah, I know some of this but haven't instilled none of it yet. I guess it's never too late to start but I've always been a bit of transient, thinking 'Once I get settled I'm going to do (this) and (that)' but I've never felt settled enough to do anything. I use to visit a place that had a pear tree. Fascinating! I ain't from the country, I rarely see live pear trees or apple trees. Sometimes you have to go far out to pick your own pears and apples and then you have to pay for them. These pears were free and ripe for the picking. We had come there several times and picked all the bottom pears off the tree, so we started throwing sticks, rocks, and rotten pears that had fell to the ground to hit the ones higher up... and then ducking so they wouldn't hit us in the head. Me and the kids had a lotta fun doing that.

I always picked too many and some spoiled..... but there was something to eating FREE pears off of a LIVE tree, and they came in every year with no pesticides or chemicals. They were 'wild' pears - meaning the person wasn't purposely growing and selling pears so he/she wasn't cultivating them. They just happen to have a pear tree. I definitely want a pear, apple, orange, or whatever kind of fruit tree I can have. Fruit vines are nice too.

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Right move and just by doing that in your back yard, yo may se some bees back there yet.

There is much folks can do by organizing and networking, and there are homestead and collective organic beekeeping concerns, that sell their honey at health food stores.
    In a small way that helps

5. puregenius

puregenius Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    CMON

MAN I have 2 small behives on my porch. The honeysuckle plants on my porch are Loved By the bees and they are out non-stop. How many people have planted plants that the bees need and enjoy. And not the crap sprayed by the same people who feed us this crap. DEEP.

6. medusanegrita

Ratings:
    +565
    What type of plants are honeysuckle plants, and what does 'honeysucke' mean?

I hope it's a short enough answer that you won't tell me to look it up.

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Wow

This brings up another possibility that occurred to me.

We know whites have been destroying the food in Africa for some time. But check this out, It's the bees in North America and Europe that are disappearing. It's the West that will lose one third of its food supply. Payback? Poetic justice? Retribution?

8. medusanegrita

Ratings:
    +565
    If what you say is true about the food in Africa being destroyed... then yes I hope it's all that and more (payback, retribution, etc). I hate to say it because it's definitely going to effect me, but what the hell. When mother nature decides to take her vengeance, I can only hope I come out on the other side good, alive, and well.

Good thing I know where a lotta resources are for the poor. Maybe for a minute, it's gonna be all about survival. Not 'of the fittest' necessarily but just of survivin.

9. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Honey suckles are little cream colored tube shaped flowers. They have sweet nectar in them that we used to suck when we were kids. I can't remember if they grew on bushes or vines but my memory leans toward bushes.

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    karma, I came back to edit that out cause we got killer bees there that will take you out quicker then a Tsetse fly!