Black People : THE DIRTY SOUTH - DO ALL BLACK SOUTHERNERS ACCEPT THAT TERM???

Not long ago I witnessed in a bodega, a young Dominican cat asking an elder African American man from Georgia, why the south was called "dirty???" He asked ignorantly, "Is there garbage all over the streets? "Y'all aint got no sanitation department, or suntin?" - LOL! The elder, not being familiar with all this young folks stuff, looked at me with an expression of 'what is this fool talkin' about?', and I just laughed. I explained to him, as best I could, that it was a young folks thang, and not really important...

Fact is, the elder was a bit annoyed by the young man's query, and I could see that... Their signals were all messed up by the difference in their ages, and the kid didn't have sense to back up off the elder, and leave things alone... Nevertheless, it made me think, how many African Americans down south actually accept this terminology... I know the elders don't accept it north or south, their home towns being called "dirty." But what of the younger generations, what is their perception of this terminology... Is there any debate about it, the imagery of the south being a "dirty" place socially, politically, literally??? Black Southerners the flo is yo's...

Peace!
Isaiah
Has nothing realy to do with the term but in all due respect and not to offend anyone, my young DR brothers up here , have kind of a Gomer Pile kinda innocence when asking the wildest mess and not realizing how whack it sounds.

Anyother hispanic would have had more discretion.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back