Black Spirituality Religion : The Definitive Understanding about Ankhen-Aten

SAMURAI36 said:
Haha, true indeed.

Besides, I never said anything about "Ethiopia" or "Somalia" in my statement, so I don't know why he even mentioned them.

Nubia does not mean Ethiopia by default.

Also Sister UPLIFT, take notice to how Egypt as a country is conspicuously absent from that list...... :?:

PEACE
Well I suppose he was trying to pin down where the people are that you are saying practice Metu Neter are. I just looked for ATRs in general when I did my search, not Ethiopia or Somalia. I also suppose he's assuming that most Egyptians are muslim, which I would (but I've never been there, and I'm assuming what he is assuming, so all of this is probably way off :))

Anyway, it does bring up a question though, one I haven't had answered either. There are many other groups mentioned in the links I provided, but not anything Kemetic. There is Yoruba, and other tribal practices, but there is a distinction made between ATR and Diasporic practices as the latter are not linked to a tribe.

Further, he goes on to mention Vodun and Santeria among the most predominant Diasporic traditional practices. There is nothing mentioned about Kemetic theology. I have yet to find any information on the numbers of this elusive group. Is it secretive like the masons?

Also, you pointed me to your site before when I asked a similar question (btw, still no password and I lost the URL)

Peace

uplift19 said:
Well I suppose he was trying to pin down where the people are that you are saying practice Metu Neter are. I just looked for ATRs in general when I did my search, not Ethiopia or Somalia. I also suppose he's assuming that most Egyptians are muslim, which I would (but I've never been there, and I'm assuming what he is assuming, so all of this is probably way off :))

No, you're more or less right, and you need not have to travel there to know this. Most of Egypt is Muslim by way of Arabization. Next is Christian. There are small groups of other non-organized religions, which I'll address in a moment.

Anyway, it does bring up a question though, one I haven't had answered either. There are many other groups mentioned in the links I provided, but not anything Kemetic. There is Yoruba, and other tribal practices, but there is a distinction made between ATR and Diasporic practices as the latter are not linked to a tribe.

Further, he goes on to mention Vodun and Santeria among the most predominant Diasporic traditional practices. There is nothing mentioned about Kemetic theology. I have yet to find any information on the numbers of this elusive group. Is it secretive like the masons?

Also, you pointed me to your site before when I asked a similar question (btw, still no password and I lost the URL)

Peace

I am desparately trying to find the link right now, but for some reason it eludes me.

In the link, you learn about the Nubians from a historical and political perspective, some of the horrors that they have withstood at the hands of Arabization, their customs, and the like.......All of which points to the reasoning behind why their spirituality remains so obscure to the rest of the world.

PEACE

SAMURAI36 said:
All of which points to the reasoning behind why their spirituality remains so obscure to the rest of the world.
Which brings to mind the question, why follow that which is so hard to trace? Aren't there other ATRs still being practiced on the continent with followings more likely to have coincided with your actual ancestors? Just curious...

uplift19 said:
Which brings to mind the question, why follow that which is so hard to trace? Aren't there other ATRs still being practiced on the continent with followings more likely to have coincided with your actual ancestors? Just curious...

It would only be hard to trace, if there were no evidence of it to begin with. But there is, in the form of the "Iron/stone-clad" documentation.

Besides, the implication here, is that Metu Neter has no correlation with any other ATR, which is untrue.

Both DIOP and RA UN NEFER AMEN in their respective books, "AFRICAN ORIGINS" and "METU NETER", go to great lengths to demonstrate how IFA and YORUBA are instrinsically connected to Metu Neter, both anthropologically and epistemologically.

In reality, one cannot escape Metu Neter, especially in today's modern world. If you believe in an Abrahamic religion, or practice medicine, law, or adhere to philosophy, you have the Kemetians to thank for it.

Thus, something that is so ubiquitous, cannot be untraceable.

PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back