Black People : The Decline of the Moors in Spain

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Jahari Kavi, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    great lecture on the Moors in Spain. Dr. Piemienta is a cool brother as well. He came to speak in one of my classes as an undergrad. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch him that day, but I emailed him later on and he always responded back with excellent information.....there are 7 parts all together

2. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    Jahari Kavi,

Good stuff.

In your contacts with dr. piemienta, has he recommended some reading material on the moors and if so, what were they?

I have stan lane-poole's works on the moors.

Thanks in advance.

3. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    peace

he didn't recommed mainly, because I didn't ask, but I'm sure if I asked he would tell me. Poole's work shouldn't definitely be in there. I would personally recommend Van-Sertima's "Golden Age of the Moors" also....Dr. Piemienta has a lot of excerpts in there.....he also dropped a book "Othello's Children in the New World"...I finished it in a day, because it was so good........he mainly pointed me in the right direction for certain information when asking questions........a few months back I saw a book on amazon.com about Noble Drew Ali......apparently it had been out of a print for a while, it looked good....it's entitled "The Exhuming of a Nation"

http://www.amazon.com/Exhuming-Nati...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258751576&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Othellos-Chil...1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258751649&sr=1-1-spell