Black Money Business Jobs : The Decadent Veil: Black America’s Wealth Illusion

Unfortunately, understanding how unobtainable that dream is requires them to understand Mathematics. So they continue to seek out the dream that has a very minute chance of occurring while ignoring more easily plausible paths to prosperity.

Right. And, unfortunately, some of our youths, live in neighborhoods where the only "successful" role models they see are drug dealers. They don't get to see people going to and fro legitimate careers. So, what would you expect? If the only big money makers they see are drug dealers, that will be more attractive to them than aspiring to be AA Doctors or Lawyers, (that they have never seen). To them that would seem unattainable, even unbelievable.

And, that is where integration failed us. But, hindsight is better than foresight. We didn't know. MLK left us with a dream that was faulty, imo.

I can't count the number of times I have heard AA people say that the Huxtables was unbelievable. That a professional husband and a professional AA wife, just could not be! I just *smh*

It is unfortunate that there are many who still believe that, even when an example is standing right in front of them.

Like the writer is saying, the media over-represents the mega-rich AAs to the point that many people don't understand what AA people are complaining about.

Then on the other side they love to show an over representation of AAs as criminals and no-gooders, as if to say we AAs have so many opportunities to pull ourselves up by our own bootstraps, when that is terribly hard for some people to do. And, they don't want to speak of the poverty in the black community, that sometimes leads to crime.

But, media also doesn't want to show what's in between the super rich rappers and athletes-- and the criminals....the regular everyday AA who does an honest days work.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back