Black Money Business Jobs : The Decadent Veil: Black America’s Wealth Illusion

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
upload_2017-5-14_14-5-32.png

I write this piece following the ground work laid by W.E.B. Dubois’s
Veil of Double Consciousness. The veil he described was a visualization of the racial duality blacks take on as part of their American identity. I now undertake the daunting task of clarifying the new veil of economics that has covered the struggles of a generation. The decadent veil looks at black Americans through a lens of group theory and seeks to explain an illusion that has taken form over a 30-year span of financial deregulation and new found access to unsecured credit. This veil is trimmed with million-dollar sports contracts, Roc Nation tour deals and designer labels made for heads of state. As black celebrity invited us into their homes through shows like MTV cribs, we forgot the condition of overall African American financial affairs. Despite a large section of the 14 million black households drowning in poverty and debt the stories of a few are told as if they represent those of millions, not thousands. It is this new veil of economics that has allowed for a broad swath of America to become not just desensitized to black poverty, but also hypnotized by black celebrity.

Read more

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/antonio-moore/the-decadent-veil-black-income-inequality_b_5646472.html

Black America’s wealth illusion: 50 Cent and the presentation of Black celebrity
upload_2017-5-15_11-4-4.png
Rapper 50 Cent recently admitted
under oath that he is insolvent, filings show he is in debt to creditors to the tune of over $28 million dollars, and not worth the reported $155 million dollars Forbes had him pegged at earlier this year.

Many have stated he is lying, pointing to purported business practices used to hide assets in bankruptcy. But I believe in the essence of the quote by Maya Angelou, “When someone shows you who they are believe them…” Or in this case when someone tells you under oath what they have, believe them.

Read more

https://newpittsburghcourieronline....nt-and-the-presentation-of-black-celebrity-2/

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-15_11-3-1.png
    upload_2017-5-15_11-3-1.png
    612.6 KB · Views: 41
There are many things wrong about this.

But, the one that makes me wanna scream is when I meet youngsters whose dream is to be a rapper, or an athlete. It is not a very attainable dream. And, no one wants to bust their bubble, but, I want' them to have attainable dreams. STEM!!!

Unfortunately, understanding how unobtainable that dream is requires them to understand Mathematics. So they continue to seek out the dream that has a very minute chance of occurring while ignoring more easily plausible paths to prosperity.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back