Law Forum : The Death Penalty

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
I think that only 17 states --- or I think it is 18 states that have done away with the death penalty. Do you think that the death penalty does any good or not? I personally do not see the use in it with one of the reasons being that it costs a helluva lot more than spending life in prison. It does not necessarily serve justice to someone because it does not change the fact that whatever happened happened. What are your thoughts. A great debate is very welcomed.

I think that only 17 states --- or I think it is 18 states that have done away with the death penalty. Do you think that the death penalty does any good or not? I personally do not see the use in it with one of the reasons being that it costs a helluva lot more than spending life in prison. It does not necessarily serve justice to someone because it does not change the fact that whatever happened happened. What are your thoughts. A great debate is very welcomed.

The higher costs has been disputed. It doesn't cost more save that it's so irregular. Much like how operating a fully equipped farm to get one ear of corn is way expensive--considering the tractor, the fieldhands, the fertilizers and so on. But obviously, growing an ear of corn, like killing a person, isn't expensive.

As far as the death penalty is concerned, I don't feel that Black people should defend White Power. The death penalty is another instrument of the Power structure over African people.

I prefer remediation. Period. Toiling in Prison itself is inhumane (though today not too different from "Life.")

The higher costs has been disputed. It doesn't cost more save that it's so irregular. Much like how operating a fully equipped farm to get one ear of corn is way expensive--considering the tractor, the fieldhands, the fertilizers and so on. But obviously, growing an ear of corn, like killing a person, isn't expensive.

As far as the death penalty is concerned, I don't feel that Black people should defend White Power. The death penalty is another instrument of the Power structure over African people.

I prefer remediation. Period. Toiling in Prison itself is inhumane (though today not too different from "Life.")
Death is the ultimate punishment, it is something that once a person serves, it cannot be taken back

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back