Black People : The Death Penalty

Dual Karnayn said:
Omowale

When I say "us" I don't mean the type of Black man America has made who doesn't have good judgement and are just as corrupt as his master.

I'm talking about Black people in thier rightful original state of mind.

To be honest with you, most African leaders are very cruel and violent because they HAVE to be.
If they weren't that way the society would be in chaos and shambles because the most ruthless among us would take advantage and run rampant.

Most men of color don't respect weak "nice" leaders no matter how just they might be, they over throw them and take over themselves.

Look at Iraq.

Sadaam was a devil sho'nuff, but atleast under his iron fist law and order was established and Iraq was thriving.
Now that he's gone and "democracy" is in the place is a mad house full of car-jackings, rape, drive by shootings, and murderous rampages.

So should you be the one running this society that you're speaking of and choose who in your own opinion would be prosecuter, judge, and jury? Let's say that I got into a confrontation with someone, it got out of hand, I'm attacked but in trying to defend myself the other person is fatally injured. This wasn't my intention. Let's also say that I tried to difuse or de-escalate the situation but there were no witnesses to the incident or the only witnesses their are in favor of the deceased. After the media paints a portrait of me as the hardened & cold blooded criminal and the deceased as this saintly life that was taken for no good reason, and I'm placed in front of a jury of people with a biased opinion and lives their anxious to get back to, the hell with mine really, what kind of justice could I expect from your society? How would things be different. What if I'm convicted of something I'm innocent of? Do I not get a chance to appeal, and many appeals have taken decades to overturn. Or do I just be publicly executed, as you stated earlier, in 2-4 weeks time? The responses and debates on this site more than prove that people share diffferent views. Would your justice system be made up of people who you hope think as you do? And if they don't then what?

Ledda

So should you be the one running this society that you're speaking of and choose who in your own opinion would be prosecuter, judge, and jury? Let's say that I got into a confrontation with someone, it got out of hand, I'm attacked but in trying to defend myself the other person is fatally injured. This wasn't my intention. Let's also say that I tried to difuse or de-escalate the situation but there were no witnesses to the incident or the only witnesses their are in favor of the deceased.
Well that would be unlikely unless you're using a weapon.

But that's not murder.
That's manslaughter in the act of self-defense.

Murder is only when you INTENTIONALLY kill someone whether pre-meditated (planned) or in defense.
Manslaughter is UNINTENTIONALLY killing someone.

And in that case you would be punished lightly to deter others from using self-defense as an excuse to kill someone, but you wouldn't be executed.

After the media paints a portrait of me as the hardened & cold blooded criminal and the deceased as this saintly life that was taken for no good reason
Hold it right there.

If I was in charge, neither you NOR your crime would have access to the media.
That's one of the problems I have with the current criminal justice system.
The media acts as a 4th branch of power in this government and is always up in everyone's business.
Your business and legality should be strictly between you and the state.

How would things be different. What if I'm convicted of something I'm innocent of?
My original question concerned those GUILTY of cold-blooded murder.
Just for the sake of discussion, I'm talking without question we KNOW they committed a murder.

Do I not get a chance to appeal, and many appeals have taken decades to overturn. Or do I just be publicly executed, as you stated earlier, in 2-4 weeks time?
If you actually murdered someone in cold blood, hell no.
You can appeal to the good Lord after death.......I didn't stutter.

But if it was an accident, then your punishment is as I stated above.

The responses and debates on this site more than prove that people share diffferent views. Would your justice system be made up of people who you hope think as you do? And if they don't then what?
Actually, me and SoulSearcher are the only ones in favor of the death penalty.
Or the only ones who "admit" it.

Too many people want to ENJOY the peace and stability that law and order brings to a society without the responsibility of establishing it.

That makes you a slave to those in charge.

I want to apologize for my last comment.

Just because one doesn't believe in the death penalty, doesn't necessarily mean they don't want to accept responsibility for law and order in the community.
And it definately doesn't make one a slave.

I can see how an unjust judicial system can leave a bad taste in the mouths of some of our people concerning law enforcement measures.

I'm against the death penalty. Not because of any moral issues I mean. As far as I'm concerned some people just deserve to die and if it happens oh well. The issue I have with the death penalty is how racially and economically biased it is. Most men on death row are black. Blacks are 9x more likely to get the death penalty for killing a white than if a white kills a black. We're also 6x likely to get the death penalty than a white who commits the same crime. Now the common rebuttal I usually hear is, "Well as long as it's criminals being put to death it's fine". Hell no it's not fine. As far as I'm concerned this government's racist history along with the above mentioned statistics (I'll try to find some sources if anyone wants, i'm too tired now), the only message the death penalty in this country sends out is "We'll kill everyone equally. Unless your black because your life is worth just a bit less than if you had been white." Supporting the death penalty is supporting another flawed system in this country that disproportionately and discriminatly sends blacks to their deaths compared to whites. Either execute everyone equally who deserves it, and **** excuses, or don't execute anyone.

Death Penalty

I do not agree with the death penalty. Every legal system is a representation of the culture of the people who developed it. There is no one system that can be said to be right above another. Today we are subject to a legal system that we did not develop. Furthermore, this system was developed by people who designed it specifically to harm us. The racism that is woven into the world wide, white dominant culture that we live in, means that justice is something that Black people all over the world can not depend on.

And as we seek to create the unity between us that will be the key to achieving our true greatness, we have to acknowledge the truth about how humans have always administered justice.

As is the case today, throughout history, justice has been hard to find for the poor, but always available for purchase by the rich. That's not a Black-white thing, thats a human thing. In ancient Rome, in medieval Europe, in China right now, when you look at who gets executed, the vast majority are poor people. You think that rich people don't rape, murder, kill kids, etc. But they don't end up on death row for it nearly as much as poor people. Actually, if poor people were able to create the justice sytems, stealing from the poor would be a capital crime. Raiding a corporate pension fund, leaving thousands of poor retirees without the money that they earned, would be a capital crime. Rich politicians would be executed for misusing their campaign funds or engaging in other forms of malfeasance. Some of the worst crimes that happen are perpetrated by a rich man with a pen. And many times when these rich men are caught red-handed, all they have to do is quit their job. Hundreds of people may get sick or die if a corporation knowingly pollutes an area. But all they have to do is pay a fine. There is no legal penalty. Rich people create laws that harshly punish poor people for relatively small acts of depravity while huge acts of premeditated theft and murder go unpunished.

When we can confirm that a legal system is developed fairly, and applied evenly, then I might agree to a death penalty.

Umoja Sasa
Malik

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back