Black People : The Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Dual Karnayn, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    What are your views on the death penalty?

I'm talking in general and as far as the American judicial system goes.

Personally, I DEFINATELY believe in the death penalty.

I don't believe in it being administered in America right now because of the inherent racism and corruption of the criminal justice system.

But in a justice system ruled by us and for us..........

Not only do I believe in a death penalty, but I believe in PUBLIC execution.

So if you have any "thoughts" about murdering or raping somebody, perhaps seeing the head of the last murderer flop down in a basket while the crowd cheers will straighten you up real quick.

Fair or not...if I was a betting man I'd bet if swift & just executions were implimented in our community in the cases of murder, rape, and child molestation those rates would plummet.

2. Sodwn2earth

Sodwn2earth Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    I don't believe in the death penalty. Man dosen't have the right to take a life unless God himself speaks to him personally. Why can't they live a miserable rest of their existance in jail? Maybe they can do some kind of something in there to keep themselves occupied and getting out of trouble. But anyway, like I said, I don't believe in the death penalty.

3. Ledda

Ledda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I killed someone in self defense, had a piss-poor defense, and got convicted of murder.
    I accidentally killed another and was convicted of murder.
    I wasn't even at the scene of the crime and got wrongly accused and convicted of murder.
    My brother had consentual sex with a woman-she later yells rape.

How would your justice system be any different from the one we have now?

Better yet, can you fully guarantee you'll never be in any of these situations?

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I strongly don't approve or believe in the Death Penalty
    To kill is a sin and to take a life for a life is not justice
    in my view just sinful , One who take a life will not be
    given glorification
    Death Penalty to me is bad Math instead of 1+1=2
    it's like 1+1=3 or two wrongs to get a right that's not justice .

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Death Begets Death

Death of the perpetrator does not in any way avenge the death of a victim, it only adds more heartache to that individuals family..guilty or not. If the system wants a criminal to pay for their actions in full, they ought to let the individual live to pay respects via labor/suffering. Is that not the best way? :rolleyes:

6. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I agree with the death penalty only for serial psychopathic killers. These people have no remorse for the crimes and have no hope of being rehabilitated... at least in this life. These types can be dangerous even in jail, because they rape and kill other inmates.

For rape and molestation... many times men doing this were victims of this themselves, so I can't really support killing them. If they are a continous threat, they need to be put in a mental institution.

Regardless, if the death penalty is imposed it needs to be 100% clear that the person did the crime. Too many innocents especially in the black community have died with this brand of 'justice.'

7. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    I respect everyone's opinions.....

But life experiences have taught me that some of the same people who claim to have so much love in thier heart and not believe in the death penalty-

-You don't have to kill or rape anybody-

Just talk about THEIR mother or look at THEIR daughters the wrong way and they'll start cussing, snotting like a bull and are ready to grab that shotgun...lol.

I've seen it time and time again.

The calmest person in the world can flip like Mike Tyson when you do something to THEM.
    But it has to happen to THEM or thier family and hit home in order for them to understand the importances of law enforcement and maintaining order in society.

8. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I agree.

However, where do you feel the line is drawn when it comes to justice and rehabilitation?

9. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    SoulSearcher

Good question.......

Especially as it relates to the Tookie Williams case.

To be honest with you I believe if a person IS GUILTY beyond reasonable doubt of cold blooded murder....they should be swiftly executed.

I'm talking about with in a months time.

I wouldn't give them a chance to sit around 10 or 15 years thinking up ways to win public sympathy and "reform" themselves or "find Jesus".

The people they killed didn't get a chance to "reform" themsleves and improve thier lives, why should they?

You have some slick people in this world.
    Give them enough chance and they can kill up an entire family and have you feeling sorry for THEM while the victims themselves are forgotten.

10. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    **Deleted**