Higher Standard Required : The Days of Multiple Warnings Are Gone

Discussion in 'Our Rules - Higher Standard Required' started by Destee, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've mentioned the new and ongoing implementation of higher standards in this community, and this change is at the heart of it.

The Days of Multiple Warnings Are Gone.

Under this new policy, that is still being tried and tested, you may not even get one warning.

Our mission requires that every adult come in with the ability to interact in an adult, responsible, and respectful manner.

We will not teach you how, and we will not wait for you to learn how, you must be demonstrating this ability with every post you make.

If you are not (based solely on our assessment), you stand the chance of being permanently banned, with no warning.

We simply do not have the wherewithal to babysit, teach, and/or labor with adult men and women behaving at juvenile levels.

It is management's intention to spend as little of our time as possible, working with those that violate our mission.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    It's my hope that everyone read and understand this because we gonna and will
    be one full circle , one that display respect and unity as men and women ........

3. Remby

Remby Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +37
    I like this thank you button, makes things real easy:toast:
    Remby

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Makes sense to me...

KWABENA

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    No more warnings ... suspensions only ... (as we see fit).

So if you try to login, and can't get in ... you'll know why.

Love You!

Destee

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,738
    seems too severe to me. if a person is banned they should at least know why.
    then the rest of us can learn something. right now i do not know what is going on.

rich came in and shut down a thread but i did not know why he did it, just that he was mad at something.
    it seems like you are mad at us but i do not know why and so i do not know what to do.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother James ... i'm not mad at you or anyone ... it's not personal ... i'm not mad, angry, upset, or anything.

It's our job to maintain the peace, and it won't always be to everyone's liking, understanding, or agreement.

Folk may get suspended without knowing exactly why. When this happens, we're confident most are aware of our rules, policies, etc. While they may not know specifically which straw broke the camel's back, it wouldn't be hard for them to guess, considering how smart most here are. Nonetheless, all are welcome to ask any questions regarding our decisions upon their return, should they choose to return.

Some have and will get permanently banned with no explanation, and no opportunity to positively know why.

We're not babysitters. We're not going to hold your hand and walk you through being a mature, responsible, respectful adult ... or the consequences of not doing so. We just won't do it. We expect everyone to already know how to do this, and if they can't or won't, that's on them. We don't have the resources to cater to such.

With this in mind, it would behoove all to be on their best behavior, if participating here is what they want.

Please read ... You Want Consistency in Our Management - Here it is ... as it speaks to some of your concern.

I'm not intimately familiar with why $$RICH$$ closed the thread, but i'm sure he determined it was disruptive.

If you have more questions about specific management decisions, start a new thread and ask us.

Love You!

Destee

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,738
    it does seem from my point of view that you all are mad at us for something. that is the way it comes across.
    it seems as if you all will ban us with the quickness and none of us will ever know the reason why.
    thats what i am hearing. it's your place and i will try to keep my head down.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Then DUCK.........I'm not mad at none of my brothers & sisters
    just heart broken how y'all have behave lately so i'm doing what
    must be done and everyone who has did such know it's coming