Black Short Stories : The Day the Sun Went Black - Part 5

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by MsInterpret, Oct 29, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Read Part 1 here
    Read Part 2 here
    Read Part 3 here
    Read Part 4 here

The Day the Sun Went Black - Part 5
    © 2011 B. Walden

We had got away from those psycho teens. It hadn't been more then a day without any sun and people were already losing it. Nothing made sense. Maybe Julio was right about the whole Bible stuff. Sharon hit the inside car lights so she could check on the two in the back. I adjusted my rear view mirror to see for myself as I tried to keep my eyes on the street as well.
    "Pull over," Sharon demanded. As soon as I pulled over Sharon got out the car and went to the back to examine Randy. I turned around to look at the woman who had by now seemed to be slightly passed out, but mumbling something that I couldn't make out.
    "We need to get to a hospital," said Sharon, "Both of them need to be checked out."
    I glanced over at Randy through the rear view mirror and he was covered in blood. The whole side of his face was swollen with a most of the blood coming from a huge open gash under his eye. His mouth was wide enough to see that he had lost a couple of teeth back there also.
    "Is he breathing?" I asked.
    "Barely," answered Sharon getting back into the passenger seat.
    We kept driving in the dark to the nearest hospital. I checked the time on the radio and it was only 1:32 pm.
    While we drove I saw people running in all directions, I had to swerve to miss hitting some people. There were a few news reporters with their news crews and cameras aimed at the sky. I wondered what they were reporting so I turned on the radio to see if I could find out some information.
    "So you're saying it's not an eclipse," some on the radio spoke.
    "No," responded the other person, "Scientists are speaking with crew on the Space Station about this phenomenon. So the only information we gathered possible is that the Helium...."
    After that I lost everything the broadcast was talking about. The words were too scientific for me to understand, so I shut it off.
    I looked over at Sharon who hadn't said a word since she checked on the couple.
    "Are you okay?" I asked.
    "Yeah," she replied softly.
    When we got closer to the hospital there was cars everywhere. A traffic jam? Cars were lined up in all directions. Honking, people screaming. Everyone seemed to be headed to the hospital. We came to a stop behind a bunch of cars. People were getting out of their cars and running, limping, or carrying someone on their backs. There would be no way we could get up there now. I had to find another way around. So I put the car and reverse and looked back to see where I was headed. But as soon as I backed up another car parked right behind me and the driver got and started running towards the hospital too.
    "Hey!!" I yelled at the driver as he ran past my car. "What now?"
    "We may have to walk, just like everyone else is," Sharon exclaimed.
    There was a garggling noise that was coming from the back. We looked back and Randy was convulsing and choking on his blood.
    Sharon crawled over the seats to wear Randy was, where blood was now drenching the back seat of my car. Looking over at his friend, she was still completely out of it and wasn't going to be any help at all.
    "Oh my god. We gotta get him some help now," she said looking at me with a look of desperation.
    "I'll go run to the hospital to see if I can get some help."
    "No! We don't have time."
    I opened the car door to step out.
    "Where are you going?!"
    I hesitated and closed the door again. I looked back at Randy and he had seemed to stop breathing.
    "Do you know CPR?" she asked.

To be continued....

2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    sorry! came in on the middle of this. parts 4 & 5 reminded me of the '92 LA riots and the helluva time that was. anyway, gotta get back to parts 1 - 3...to see what started all this.

NICE WRITING BTW.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Just maybe something goona come of it all
    this story line is red hot and deep i'm enjoying it MsInterpret
    u gotta publish this one i would love to have the book

this kinda like that dark day in chicago when they destroyed Madison st. and Roosevelt rd.
    in the 60's

4. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Thank you :D