Black Short Stories : The Day the Sun Went Black - PART 3

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by MsInterpret, Aug 26, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Read Part 1 here
    Read Part 2 here

The Day the Sun Went Black - PART 3
    © 2011 B. Walden

Dedicated Bro. $$RICH$$ Thanks for reading my short stories. I greatly appreciate it!

"We're not going to die, okay?!" shouted the woman back at the man in the business suit sitting who was sitting on the curb.
    The man shifted his eyes up looking into the sky and began trembling all over.
    "Sir, we're gonna need you to please calm down." She went over and put her hands on his shoulders to try and stop him from shaking. He stopped and looked back at her, but it was if he was staring straight through her that sent a chill down my back.
    "Sir?"
    Then, without any warning, he threw her off of him so hard that she fell back. He got up and sprinted down the road without a word, as if he saw something that had frightened him.
    "Where are you going?!" she yelled for him as he darted around a corner. She turned to look at me with as about as much as confusion I must have shown on my face.
    I could see tears welling up in her eyes.
    "Maybe I should be going now," I said quietly. "I got to get to work. You gonna be alright?" I lifted her to her feet.
    "We'll be okay, right?" The strong woman that I had just seen seemed to fade away and she looked to become a timid little child.
    "I-I...don't"
    "What's your name?"
    "My...?"
    "My name is Sharon," she said interrupting me as if she had asked herself the question. Sharon looked to be in her early 30's. She was wearing a t-shirt and jeans that were a little dirty and her hair wasn't neat, which gave me the impression that she worked in a warehouse. Even so, she wasn't very big and she was still kind of cute in her messiness. We sat down on the curb and I listened to her go on. "This isn't normal. I was working the graveyard shift when I noticed there wasn't a sunrise like usual. I turned on the radio and they kept saying that they would keep us updated as soon as they figured it out. I guess they have the astronauts that are in the US Space Shuttle investigating it further along with Russia and China."
    I looked at my watch. It was already almost 10 am.
    "What are you looking at your watch for? You have somewhere you need to be?"
    "I'm late for work."
    Sharon gave me a disgusted look and then broke out into a laughter.
    "Do you think any one is really going to work today?" she asked still laughing at me. I just smiled, because I knew she was right. But it was like I didn't want to fall into chaos.
    I looked around and saw people coming towards the accident. A man came running up and stopped out of breath.
    "Hey you guys alright?" He asked panting.
    "WHOA!" said a woman coming up on the unknown deceased man laying near the wreck. "Did you guys do this?"
    "No!" I exclaimed. "Some nut job did and he took off running down the road."
    "Well did you go after him?" the man asked looking angry.
    "No," replied Sharon standing up.
    "What the hell?!!" the man said throwing up his arms.
    "Calm down, Randy," said the woman in a low voice. Randy began to relax and gave me a angry glare and walked back to the woman and the body. I didn't understand why this man who didn't me know seemed to have a problem with me.
    "I called for 9-11, but they said they couldn't send anyone out," Sharon said walking over towards the couple, but still keeping some distance between them and her.
    "Poor man," the woman said covering the man's face with a jacket that was laying next to him that must have been his. We all went quiet for a minute as if to mourn for him.
    Suddenly, a loud noise like glass shattering interrupted the silence. We look back and saw three teenagers breaking into a store.

To be continued....Part 4 here

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    wow......what is going on that have people looking up!
    what do they see and every body going crazy scared
    why is the land covered in darkness still a mystery
    loving the intense spin of this story Thank you sis wow!!!!

I wonder do this have anything to do with it ???

[​IMG]

A NASA spacecraft caught a never-before-seen event on camera in what researchers are saying could explain many of space's mysteries

could it be the cover ring over da Sun ???? hummmm continue on sis
    the story got me wondering why !!!!

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I don't know what that is...but the lead person in story has looked up and only seen stars, no sun, no moon. The moon is still there it's just not illuminated by the sun any more.

Maybe the fact that this darkness is making people foresee their future which might just be the end of humanity.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    O'my !!!
    As the story continue to unfold maybe there will be light and life
    or is it really dooms day time will tell.......

sis i really am a huge story fan of yours thank you for keeping me
    reading and enjoying the flava of ya art.....luv ya !

5. Zuri Armani

Zuri Armani Active Member MEMBER

A little bit of everything.
    Ratings:
    +31
    I am in head over heels with this story...anticipating the conclusion!!!