Black Short Stories : The Day the Sun Went Black - PART 2

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by MsInterpret, Aug 20, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Read Part 1 here

The Day the Sun Went Black - PART 2
    © 2011 B. Walden

Freaking out about this sun business wasn't going to help any. So I got ready for work as usual. As I headed back outside to my car I noticed even more people standing around gawking at the sky. I looked over and noticed my manager hadn't even moved from the same spot that I left him in. He had this blank look in his face as he was looking up.
    "Hey Julio. You're gonna have a sore neck in the morning man from looking up like that," I said jokingly.
    He looked at me slowly and it he almost looked like he was about to cry.
    "Well I don't know why you're joking," his look suddenly turned angry. "The sun is GONE! What are we gonna do now that we have no sunlight?"
    "I dunno, man. Maybe it'll come back on later." I had to laugh cause I knew what I said sounded stupid, but hey, you never know.
    "You're crazy man!"
    "HA! Maybe I am! But I still gotta pay you for my rent," I said as I got into my car.
    I started my car and turned my headlights on, but before I could move I realized some woman was standing in front of my car.
    "HEY! GET OUTTA THE WAY WOMAN!" I yelled honking at her.
    She had that same blank stare Julio had and she too was looking up. Finally she stepped outta the way, but she didn't even look at me once or flinch at the sound of my horn.
    Now that she was out of my way I sped down the street to work.

All sorts of people were standing in the street. I was honking and dodging idiots left and right.
    Come on people!
    Maybe I was the one who was nuts for not worrying about the sun. It just seemed like the whole world had stopped. Then that's when I stopped my car suddenly and noticed a huge accident in front of me. I slowly drove around and noticed that a car had drove and hit a person. So I stopped and got out to see if I could help.
    "I-I don't know what happened," said a man in a business suit.
    "Calm down," said a lady guiding the man to the side of the street. "Sit here and I'm gonna call 911 to get some help."
    "What happened," I asked her.
    "This guy hit a man who was standing in the middle of the road," she replied. "Hold on. I gotta call for an ambulance."
    The woman got on her cell and dialed 911. I began to walk a little closer to the accident and to the hurt man who was lying in the street. As I approached closer I noticed he was mumbling something.
    "What do you mean you can't get an ambulance out here?" Yelled the woman on the phone. "D--N IT!"
    I looked back over to the man lying on the ground. His eyes began to close slowly and he began choking and spiting out some blood.
    "Oh God!" The woman cried and ran to kneel besides the man. "Don't die on me! Help is coming."
    "F--K THAT! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" screamed the business man from the sidewalk."

To be continued.....

Read Part 3 here

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow getting deep could the age of time run out ???? wow!!!

give me some more darnit mo mo mo !!!!!!

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Lets see if I can keep this train on the tracks.....:p

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Not worried I know you can