Black Education / Schools : The "Day of Reckoning" for Colleges and Universities _ video

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
What and whom is education to serve? As it is put in the frame of what that short Anderson Cooper commentary serves then I personally can't wait for it's demise.

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Ogoun

Thank You for sharing Toni Morrison Video.
She spoke eloquently about the topic of education and how it centered itself just the Great Depression in the Thirties.

They won't be demised or out of business.

They are just pushing now for the lower rung of students to build themselves back up. They will survive by endowments.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Feels more like the end game to me Hodee.
They've already mined bout as much loot as they can all the way down to grade school level and in some cases pre-school. There ain't gonna be any monies for endowments cause everyone is gonna be paying off the loans it took for their supposed 'education'.
The concept of any kind of public school system today is a joke. It's long since been privatized some forty fl'n years ago. Hell I remember in the 80's when school departments were forced to rent space to private venders peddling soda machines (that was believe it or not a goodly part of the Coke vs. Pepsi wars) just to make up lack of funds for the arts and/or athletic programs. Now they just drop completely or severely cut the arts and humanities in favor of STEM as if that was all there is to life, Stem.
The politics of the school system today is to graduate GOOD CORPORATE CITIZENS. Nothing else. And they eating their own to accomplish it. And it's a well established pattern through out history as a precursor to the fall of empire, the hallowing itself from the inside out at all levels as the sources for extraction of wealth from the outside of country become scarcer.
They eating their own now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Reckoning of Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center African American History Culture 1
B Black Poetry : Dead reckoning... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Reparations mark new front for US colleges tied to slavery Black People Politics 6
Perfection Tanzania : In Context Series: A Status Review of Private Universities and Colleges in Tanzania Tanzania 0
shaka64 Black People : Ohio Man Graduates from Two Different Colleges with Law Degree and MBA — On the Same Day Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : A new documentary tells the story of how black colleges shaped America Black Education / Schools 0
IFE Black Positive People : Quadruplets Offer Colleges Package Deal. Harvard and Yale Buy It. Black People Doing Positive Things 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : The five things no one will tell you about why colleges don’t hire more faculty of color Black Education / Schools 2
RAPTOR Black Education / Schools : Colleges Train for Work, Not Thought Black Education / Schools 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Long Island High Schooler Accepted by All 8 Ivy League Colleges Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : There's an unprecedented crisis facing America's historically black colleges - HBCU's Black Education / Schools 4
RAPTOR Black People : Shackles and Ivy: The Secret History of How Slavery Helped Build America’s Elite Colleges Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People : Young, black and buried in debt: How for-profit colleges prey on African-American ambition Black People Open Forum 12
chuck Black Education / Schools : Colleges 2013: Straight Talk! Black Education / Schools 1
MsInterpret Black Education / Schools : Should Non-blacks be allowed to attend Historically Black Colleges? Black Education / Schools 51
Ankhur Black People : UCLA high tuitions, the future nationaly? support BLACK COLLEGES Black People Open Forum 0
H Black Education / Schools : Grants for colleges Black Education / Schools 3
KWABENA Black Education / Schools : COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES FACING SHORTAGES WITH BLACK STUDENTS Black Education / Schools 0
D Black Education / Schools : Black colleges extend hand to Hispanics Black Education / Schools 0
D Black Education / Schools : Historically black colleges face declining enrollment Black Education / Schools 0
D Black Education / Schools : Black colleges now recruit white players Black Education / Schools 2
D Black Education / Schools : Black students' gender gap up at area colleges Black Education / Schools 0
P Black Education / Schools : FiRsT TiMe cOlLeGeS sTuDeNtS, HoW iS It gOiNg? Black Education / Schools 2
D Black People : scholarship information for colleges Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : National Historically Black Colleges and Universities Week Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Teenager accepted by all 20 top-ranked universities he applied to — with full scholarships Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Black People Politics : DOJ TO PROBE UNIVERSITIES FOR DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WHITES Black People Politics 4
Chidike Black People : Companies,Corporations,Banks and Universities Across The World That Are Linked To Slavery Black People Open Forum 8
OldSoul OldSoul : Take online courses from the world's best universities OldSoul 1
WhatNeedsToBeDone Black Education / Schools : Counterproductive Black trends that i've noticed in Universities? Black Education / Schools 24
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : edX - Free Online Courses Offered from Some Good Universities Science and Technology 1
Ankhur Black People : Over 100 Major Black Universities Facing Major Federal Funding Cuts Black People Open Forum 0
G Black People : Stopping intellectual genocide in African universities Black People Open Forum 0
D Africa : Which way to go? African universities ask .... All Things Africa 0