Black Women : the dark ages?

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
I was walking through the mall and I heard all these terrible cries from a child.
I would think anyone can tell when a child is in distress and not just fussing.
however I was the only one who reacted to the childs cries.

turns out, they have this little girl about 5 or 6 up in the cheap jewelry store and the salesclerk was jabbing something at her ear to pierce it.
the child was miserable and the stupid mother was holding the child down.
straight out of the dark ages.

I stopped them from jabbing the child and cussed them all out on the child's behalf.
they called mall security who tryed to take me away but I refused to leave that child there.
by then some people in the crowd came to my defense and we had a stand off with the security.
so security called the regular police, but since 911 is such a joke I was able to walk away before the police showed up.

it saddened me that a black mother is so out of touch that she can not tell when her child is in true distress.

Didn't you get in the trouble with the law once before? You really need to calm down so things won't get worse for you legally.

As far as the situation... a lot of people get their kids ears pierced. That's their kid, and their own choice. I personally don't agree with piercing a kids ears at 5, but again that's an individual thing.

I got my ears pierced as a baby. I have no memory of it and do not consider my parents having abused me.

jamesfrmphilly said:
I was walking through the mall and I heard all these terrible cries from a child. I would think anyone can tell when a child is in distress and not just fussing. however I was the only one who reacted to the childs cries.

turns out, they have this little girl about 5 or 6 up in the cheap jewelry store and the salesclerk was jabbing something at her ear to pierce it.
the child was miserable and the stupid mother was holding the child down.
straight out of the dark ages.

I stopped them from jabbing the child and cussed them all out on the child's behalf. they called mall security who tryed to take me away but I refused to leave that child there. by then some people in the crowd came to my defense and we had a stand off with the security. so security called the regular police, but since 911 is such a joke I was able to walk away before the police showed up.

it saddened me that a black mother is so out of touch that she can not tell when her child is in true distress.

BrotherJamesfrmPhilly

Sometimes we do the wrong things for the right reason. It is admirable that you wanted to stop a child from suffering. Too many people turn a blind eye to people in need. However to interfere with a mother & her child, there has to be a serious reason. In this case the girl might have been scared...the salesclerk might not have known what they were doing...but a child getting her ear's pierce is not considered abuse. As noble as your intentions were, most people would not side with you in this situation. Indeed you placed yourself in situation that you could have been arrested for...for what? The mother didn't appreciate your efforts, and the little girl will probably get her ear's pierced anyway. I think it would be better to write an editorial about how barbaric ear piercing is, rather than to place yourself in physical danger like that. Something to think about!

it is true that i have a hot head.
i accept responsibility for that.

i believe, however, that if a child is crying like that, something is wrong.
i respect the mother's rights with her child but i believe that no parent has the right to abuse their child.
some of the people who were there who also heard the child's screams did back me up.

maybe i was wrong but i couldn't stand there and watch a baby be hurt.
do you believe a parent has unlimited right to hurt their child?

maybe i was wrong.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back