Black Spirituality Religion : The Crucified Goddess

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    [​IMG]

Questions for the Destee Family:

1. What is the Black Female's true spirituality?

2. Has the suppression of the Black Woman's "true spirituality" created a curse/spell upon all those that transfer out of her Womb?

3. Why do we hope for an equal and balanced society among races when there is no equality and balance among genders? Why so much attention on Gods and not both God and Goddess? Mary- Isis as well as Jesus- Heru?

4. Have their been unrecognized Goddesses within history, are there unrecognized Goddesses among us now?

[​IMG]

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    I don't know. You tell me.

Maybe......try letting her express her "true spirituality" and see if what comes out of her womb any different.

We live in America, where everything is Patriarchal. In other words, its a man world(country).

Maybe........ask some of the Destee fam historians. They can answer that.

3. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    First Thoughts.....Surface

As I experience myself and the gifts/revelations I bring to the world, I acknowledge my tendency to SEE the BOTH/AND reality. Many a child has pondered how it is/was that mommie could SEE what I was doing when she seemingly had her back turned. The Black Female has eyes that see far and wide. In this my current realm/reality, I am able to SEE the LOGIC and experience the FEELINGS at the same time. They are not experiences to be SEPARATE and one does not reign supreme over the other. In fact....when the two are disconnected or, more importantly, that the FEELING state has been suppressed we have a shytuation leading to.....

Black Men who are unable to appreciate the art of FEELING. This has supported soiciopathic behaviors with acts of aggression directed at the Woman because of her ability and desire to FEEL.......

Seems the greatest FEAR of the male energy is the POWER AND PASSION expressed and inherent in the Female energy state. When FEELINGS enter the picture...all LOGIC goes...leading to CHAOS and the emergence of the CHAOTIC HEALER.....you know...when mom's got so MAD and beat dat *** with a passion and fury to stop you from doing some foul ish...you got "healed" from those wicked ways......CHAOS!...will put you right back "in your place".

M.E.
    :hearts2:

4. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm

This post inspiries me to write on this subject. I won't tho...I will just continue to observe.

Peace:shades:

5. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Yes Bro. Knowledge Seed, good answers. I "thought" I knew the Black Woman's true spirituality myself, but I'm not a Black Woman- but I will share some of the conversation with a Sistah I know who corrected me on a few points.

Very revealing thoughts Queen True! I acknowledge your statement "I am able to see the logic and experience the feeling at the same time." I've always said that the Womb-Man is a Man plus a Womb, when some Women say they don't understand "logic" that's actually programming, Women are programmed by a Male dominated society to believe that. What you've said here is dead on- I am able to "see" the logic because logic is actually about visual measurements, science, mathematics etc.

And then it gets deeper...what you are saying about Male fear is too accurate in my opinion.

So here's the story.

A Sistah I know just recently decided to give up Men altogether. Another one bites the dust. To me she is one of those "conscious Sistahs" you'd see at lectures. In fact Queen True she has long flowing locs like you do. But I'm not here to discuss her change in sexuality, even though it might be relevant- instead I'm talking about her "Goddess" Philosophy.

She moved in with her new Girlfriend this weekend, and perhaps there were a few choice words she wanted to lay on me before she waved good-bye to Hetero-love.

She says the Goddess in all of us is crucified, in both Men and Women and that this is really what's going on with the Homosexual epidemic. She agreed with me that it's a "curse" but as in magick. The Goddess she says is the source of magick because the Universe-womb is feminine. So if our inner Goddess is in bondage, tied up, un-recognized and restricted- basically that force is generating "curses."

Queen True mentioned something like that too- that is the "Choatic healer" within us? Now, from my own vantage point- if someone asked me- what is the Black Woman's true spirituality, I would say something like Motherhood, since she is the Mother of us all. But the Sistah corrected me and says the Black Woman's true spirituality "throughout history" she says involved allowing both Gods and Goddesses to mount her. She claims that even Motherhood is impossible if a female can't be mounted/possessed by certain types of spirits. IE=- Women and Men can't produce children on their own- a 3rd spirit is always present???

So in a nutshell a Black Woman's true spirituality is sacrifice of the body.
    It was like someone hit me on the back of the head with a rock. Because then I thought to myself, is ~this~ why Black Women gravitate towards Christianity and Jesus so much??? Because of the role Jesus plays by sacrificing his body??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Has the chief Architect of planetary chaos gone unnoticed? What happens for Women every 28 days? Does that mean she "dies" for us? Purging herself as well as the Planet? Perhaps this is a collective event as well.

I have my own thoughts about the homosexual epidemic. But I was more curious about a new found Black Lesbian's theology concerning the GoddessHood of both Men and Women, yes it did sound like something to explain her decision at first.

She said that feminine styled homosexual/gay Men are produced in cycles after generations of certain types of behavior among the Male gender, wars and the suppression of the Male's passionate and compassionate side would result in a homosexual offspring with his bloodline 2-3 generations down. She said the "tyrannical oppression of Women" has been so long standing on Earth that 4 out of ever 5 Sistahs would be with another Woman if not for their "sense of responsibility" to Manhood and child bearing- "but overall they are more attracted sexually and socially to other Women if you pay attention, and in another aspect it's not the God in Man but the Goddess in Man that she is attracted too."

OK- well most of that I don't agree with at all. But I'm wondering if anyone else has these ideas? I actually don't think the Sistahs are looking for "the Goddess in Man" I feel that a Woman who wants a Man wants a strong Brotha right? She is already feminine. Or we talking about that understanding of the feminine principle?

As you've mentioned Bro. Knowledge Seed in America everything is Patriarchal. And personally I respect and admire the role all Women play in life, especially mine. However, I am trying to understand the placement here. She claims the Black Woman is the direct channel for the Spirit world, and she was initiated within different Goddess cults and societies in order to fulfill that roll.
    I can understand that one, and we've discussed allot of that on different threads. I have even sided with the theory that the Black Woman in bondage is the one conducting allot of the chaos on the planet, even if it's unconscious.

What I am dealing with now is the idea that there is a Goddess within Men too?? I understand that we are not completely Male/Female- we come from Mother and Father so we have both in us. Yet when we talk about the "Goddess" we often speak only of the Goddess-Woman.

This Sistah is saying that Men are oppressing the Goddess force within themselves as well, and he is treating the inner Goddess wrong so naturally he will treat the Mother/Female/Goddess on the exterior wrong as well.

6. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    I hope this turns out right after it is posted. :)

I can only speak for myself at this time, but I would say my true spirituality is MYSELF right now. Learning about myself has been the most eye opening experience I have ever had and I have had many "religious" spiritual experiences before but nothing compares to the mystery and excitement of what is going on with me Now.

If one consumes the wrong foods and/or substances while pregnant, then the baby will reflect that. So, if it is the same thing when dealing with spirituality, then I would say yes. Our role is to nurture a child and without knowing how or what to do,... then we are sending our children into the world malnourished. That's just my thought for the moment. It seems pretty dangerous to me. When I think of all those babies being raised by only their mothers, It is very concerning and this is a great point to raise. I am interested in what others will say to this topic.

that one. I don't know. Churches are just now coming to grips with female pastors and ministers. That glass ceiling has yet to be broken.

Of course. I look at the great men of our time and then look for their wives or significant female figures in their lives. These are some powerful women. In current events: Who are the adversaries to Barack Obama really afraid of? him or Michelle?? Who would you be more afraid of?

7. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    I think the "Goddess within men" deals with feminine energies such as the kundalini.There has to be a constant balance between masculine(active) and feminine(receptive) within self. Because if one is suppressed for too long, then it has to make up for that suppression by establishing itself as dominant over the other energy.

8. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    I can SEE the Truth in this.....AND.....

I SEE that on the flip side.....it would be useful for the Gods to recognize and embrace the GOD in the GODDESS....

WE are all BOTH/AND.......AT THE SAME TIME!
    and that's where it get tricky.....

BALANCE(cing)dat
    in HARMONY
    in good and perfect ORDER
    all things PROPER (Propriety)
    giving and taking...RECIPROCITY
    in that we find TRUTH and
    JUSTICE

"DO MA'AT and Live"(Moorfius)

Don't try and :yesno: the GOD outta ME as I call forth the GODDESS in YOU
    Realize that I AM YOUR GOD....and you MY GODDESS.....COMPLETION 69/96

M.E.
    :hearts2:

9. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Peace and Bless

I will not use big elaborate words to explain my thoughts here...it is what it is!

I grew up seeing my father in many different rolls!...never a gay one..and if that ever was...I could not see it in his personality or actions in my presence.

I personally believe that some women have more male in their personality and or taste but that does not mean that they want or should have a female for a spouse.
    The same goes for the males having female tendicies...personally I want a man who is ok with hisself.

I sometimes think I am male and female in personality and actions...and I am ok with that...a real man would roll with it. I think some women are so beautiful in looks that I do look at and compliment....I be like...ich was bless with the physical...but at the same time I get all goo goo over the brothers....wheew!

I am ok with the male part of me...I think it is part of what makes me a beautiful person from the inside....LOL.

I believe that our roles should interchange from time to time so that we may develop a greater appreciation for eachother.....for me this is the answer to a good number of our problems as a nation. Doing this would take a great deal of strength from the Men!:darts:

Peace

10. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180

Greetings Bro.Metasaience,

Interesting discussion going on here, but I shall have to take a passive role in it. The last time I addressed a post about the Black goddess (indirectly), I was called a b***h, a fake, and was likened to an annoying fly. Good times!

* a few seconds later, brave facade folds like a z-bed and starts to silently weep *.

Anyway, I think I shall also observe from the sidelines and learn. Be a fly on the wall so to speak.

(That one just wrote itself!!)

But FYI, I think that people who have really taken the time to study gender issues, have realised there can never be equality, but balance can be achieved, as this is the natural order of things.

I would also submit that the PTB have intentionally diverted the attention from Black Goddesses, (for the usual reasons; using our own spirituality against us) and we accepted that which was taught as a matter of course, without any special examination or inquiry.

Why does the Pope's gown have a Black goddess on the back?
    [​IMG]

Incidentally, have you ever heard the theory of how the universe will cease to be? A black woman will have an orgasm that will be so powerful that it’ll suck up the universe. Not to be interpreted literally, but much can be read into it that answers questions 1 (the womb, her wisdom (even the Bible grudgingly assigns to wisdom a feminine attribute), 2 (yes it has, if the womb is a place of transformation, where the unformed takes shape), 3 (see above), 4 (but ofcourse!).

Ps – Speaking of Goddesses, erm…your Queen, Metasaience, does she frequent this board?

Peace,
    Alexandra