Black Spirituality Religion : The Creator's Religion is Al-Islam

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by rasheed, Jan 14, 2004.

1. rasheed

rasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    working for Paradise (Jannah)
    Ratings:
    +4
    Truly, the religion with Allah(the Supreme Creator) is Al-Islam(The Conscious Surrender to do the Creator's Will). Those who were given the Scriptures did not differ except out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Signs of Allah, then surely Allah is swift in calling to account.

(Meaning of Surah 3 Ayah 19 of the Qur'an) and Allah surely knows best.

2. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    How swift is swift? I'm a Catholic...I've been Catholic since birth. I'm 23 now. Does that mean Allah will take me out swiftly?

3. rasheed

United States
    Ratings:
    +4
    SayWord, i'm in no position to answer your question which i think you already know. i think you are basically having a little fun.

The main point that i was trying to make by posting this is that there is one Creator and that submission to that one Creator is the right and only true religion by whatever name it may be being called.

The other point is that Al-Islam in the language Arabiyah simply means submission to the Creator.

How swiftly the Creator will take care of Creator type bidness is beyond my scope, but 23 years that you have lived so far is not very long; nor is the 57 years that i have lived nor the 27 years that i have been a Muslim.

For the first 18 years of my life i was raised as a A.M.E. from 18 to 30 i was a seeker. Now i am a muslim and i still study and seek.

Peace and Blessings

4. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not going to lie, I was having a little fun. But there was seriousness behind my question. Since I've been on this board, especially coming into this forum, I've read that Islam is the only true religion and that those who do not follow Islam are going to feel the wrath of Allah. I'd like to believe that I'm a righteous man. I have my weaknesses, and I work daily trying to strengthen myself. But me being Catholic, I don't see that as a weakness. My faith is where I draw my strenght. But from what I'm reading on this board, my faith is what's going to keep me out of God's good graces because I'm not Muslim. That's why I asked what I asked. Yeah, there was a little fun in it(I feel like sometimes you have to lighten the mood before asking a real serious question). But if you understand what I'm saying let me know something. Help me understand what you're saying better.

5. rasheed

United States
    Ratings:
    +4
    To the best of my ability i'm saying what i believe, straight up and that is that the true religion is submission to the Creator's Will. In the Arabic language that is called Al-Islam. So if i mix Arabic with English, i say, my religion is Al-Islam; but if i use only English i say, my religion is Submission to the Creator.
    In all Arabic i say, Deeni Al-Islam.

It's a language and understanding thing.

i do have problems with Catholicism in its historical context and many of its modern day practices which are not according to my understanding in sync with Submission to the Creator's Will. i don't have personal problems with everyone that says that they are Catholic or any other "faith". Sincerety leads us all to the right way. We are all in need of the right guidance.

i like to have fun too. True Sumission to the Creator's Will has fun in it too.

Peace and Blessings