Black Spirituality Religion : THE CONTENT OF YOUR CHARACTER:

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    HOW ARE WE JUDGED- HOW DO WE JUDGE?

All Humans have a fruit within them. Like most fruits in nature, this jewel hangs on a branch. And those who live by their biblical scriptures would say it is by our "fruits" (our deeds) that we are known, and even judged.

But do our deeds correspond with our Brains, or with our Hearts? Because both of these organs can be defined as the fruits of the body.

[​IMG]

Yet to our Ancient Ancestors, it was clear what organ would be weighed on the scales of Maat.

[​IMG]

So are we judged by our hearts, or by our Brains? Notice I didn't say "Mind" the mind is different from the Brain. The mind is an intelligence that is part of every cell in the body. The brain however, is a transmitter and a record keeper.

So the question here is, are we "judged" based upon our ability to transmit thoughts and keep memory? Or our we judged by our ability to feel and empathize with our fellow Man and Woman?

We have to be honest about this. How do we judge? How we do weigh the content of a person's character?

By their actions. What they do. How they act in times of hardship. How they react towards a challenge and severe judgment.

Is the brain often heavy with guilt, or is it the heart? Is a Man or Woman better off and wise because of memory stored in the brain? Or are they better off because of how they feel emotionally about what life throws at them?

I.E -

[​IMG]

Is this child's "character" the result of what is stored in her brain? Or is it the result of what is in her heart? Pay close attention to where children draw in most of their energy and learning...she is hugging the dolls closer to what organ?

Who teaches us this? Who teaches us how to hug as children? Why is this the place where we experience the warmth of bliss? When we speak of the greatest energy between humans called "love" do we speak of this energy as something that streams from the brain?

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    She is holding the doll to the place where the vibration from the conscious or subconscious thought has resonated. We can scientifically say something and then we can scientifically study something. So why would the heart be mentioned as the seat? For the common man/woman, the heart would be easy to understand and comprehend. However, a more intensive study would reveal that on a conscious or subconscious level, it is first the "thought" and then the feeling.

How is this possible? We must look at the human body as a piano. The piano, has 88 keys on it. You consciously or subconsciously desire the c-chord. The hammer raises up and strikes the wire. The hammer raising up and striking the wire is the thought process in action, whether conscious or subconscious. The next process is the wire vibrating to produce what we call sound as the hammer strikes it. The vibration of the thought process is what we call emotion or feeling. Because it is indeed VIBRATION moving through or coming from the piano (body) it is something that we can FEEL... and because we feel it, this is what we relate to.

Naturally everyone in Kemet or the societies of our ancestors could not be, nor were they scientist or people involved in the deeper studies of life, human nature or psychology. As such, the more simplistic understanding of the heart was used for the common man to relate to and that they can relate to before being more consciously developed.

3. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    The heart

The sun of our uni verse proton of our galaxactical system. From which all the organs(electrons) feed. This allways rings true at a funeral even today. The illusionary possession of things such as (certificates,houses,cars,money)becomes insighficant and one by one we testify on our family members behalf based upon works of thier heart similar to setting up a case for acceptance that is found in the"book of the dead" . once again right on the money brother excellent post hotep

4. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    I know it sounds like I've made up my mind. I guess, there is enough evidence to support either the brain or the heart as the "source" of who we are. The pineal gland for example is called the "seat of the soul."

- I am curious about how we really honestly judge character.

Who do we fear the most, the brainless Man or the heartless Man?

A brainless Man is just stupid, can't think straight, has trouble reasoning.
    A heartless Man, has no emotion, does not care about how others feel.

The brainless is more capable of hurting himself, the heartless Man is more capable of hurting others? Is this true?

Because we might place our bets on the side with logic, and say to ourselves- certainly my character is defined by how I think, and who well my brain works in response to my reality.

[​IMG]

Should we judge this Man's character, based on his intelligence? Correction.

You we EVER judge a person's character based on their intelligence?

We should perhaps, sounds like a good thought. But in truth, we are defined in life based upon our-

ATTITUDE

[​IMG]

Who knows this better than our Black Women themselves. "Ohh, I can't stand her attitude!" The person they are speaking about could be the most brilliant Woman on the planet.

Is the "right attitude" generated by the thoughts, ideas, memories we have in our brain? Or is the "right attitude" the "result" of how we process our thoughts, ideas, memories and our feelings about these, our feelings about life, people- is this energy processed through the heart- the organ that pumps the blood that feeds ever cell in our being?

[​IMG]

I guess it would all depend. Can you teach intelligence quicker than compassion? How do you reason with a Man holding a loaded weapon with the intent to take your life? Should we tell him- "look Brotha, we both know this is not an intelligent choice?" And even with all that reasoning, doesn't it boil down to how he "feels"- because it's hard to think in a stressful situation.

I once talked a Brotha out of killing himself. I didn't undermine his intelligence, even though he was considered "slow" by many of his friends and family. I'm sure what I said made him "think" but in the end, it was his compassion for life that kept him from doing it.

I was hanging out on the beach with some friends and I saw a Brotha walking into the water. He was on the beach fully clothed with most of belonging in a bookbag. He had kicked off his shoes and walking head straight into the ocean. I ran towards him, realizing what he was doing because the waters had already come up to his neck. It didn't appear that he was attempting to swim, later I found out he couldn't.

You can try to make a Man think when he's trying to commit suicide, but honestly- most people still do it because they're all "thought" out, they've done all the thinking they could. They've tried to solve the problem using their brains, and killing themselves seems to be the only solution.

I have never been one to get in between a person and their God, so I yelled out to the Brotha trying to drown himself "you could have least kept your shoes on! what kind of person kills themselves without shoes?"

What are you thinking right now? That's some stupid s--- to say to someone trying to kill themselves. Exactly. It's actually very comical. Foolish? Brainless?
    All true.

In the worst situations, it takes a joke and even a joker. Because he turned around and came out the water, of course to rebuttal my joke by coming for his shoes only to return back to his deed. Naturally once he was out, my friends and I dragged him away from the water.

Later on, this poor Man told us the story of his life, and how the Woman he had loved for years just didn't love him anymore and she was the only thing he was living for. At least, up until that time. In the end, we didn't end up singing Jesus loves me over the camp fire. I just told him the truth, from one simple Brotha to another. Don't be in such a hurry to get to the unknown.

We are here in this life to use our brains as problem solvers. This many of us know all too well. So we cannot think with our hearts, the heart was not created for this purpose. However, when it comes down to the defining of character, and especially at the end of our lives- we leave our loved ones with a memory of our attitude.

Is it fair to say that it is the correct networking of both the brain and the heart that aides the building of Human character?

"Most people say that it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character."
    — Albert Einstein, Swiss-American mathematician, physicist and public philosopher (1879-1955)

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Brotha MetaSaience,

Can you please further elaborate on how the Mind and the Brain function differently? Not that I am ignorant in understanding the distinction, but given how adamant I am about the function(s) of the mind, it enlightened my willingness and urge to learn more about it. Also, in one of my classes, we previously went over the Mind-Body Relationship...according to your thoughts, does there exist a Brain-Body Relationship, given that the mind and brain function differently?

CD

6. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Peace to you Bro. Kwabena, that's a very good question to ask, one that I find myself ponder on these days. There is a great deal of debate in the scientific and metaphysical communities over this concept.

What I've come to understand is that Humans cannot understand, produce or create anything that aren't part of them. It has to be part of our reality in some way, or- we are not able to create it.

Keeping that in mind, the difference between your harddrive, and a internet or intranet network are the same differences between the brain and the Mind. It sounds like semantics at first, because we think of these words as interchangeable, similar to how we use "soul" and "spirit" and even these two are very different.

So let's think about this. While I am online, where is all the intelligence (information) stored? Is it on my harddrive alone? Or does it is stored on a collective network of workstations and servers that also possess harddrives?

In Humans, such a network is called "The Mind" which is different from the brain which is only one device. Remember, the body is networking several organs together, all of which has their own individual functions, and all are intelligent.

Well, there's where the debates start also. Because we can also say, well these organs are plugged into brain, and without the brain they would not function or have a purpose. similar to how we plug in an ipod, a monitor or any usb device into our pc to enable them to work. Therefore, many of us are of the opinion that the brain "is" the Mind.

Yet the Mind is not just responsible for the intelligence of the organs, but also it's ability to talk and communicate with a receiver- the Brain. When we speak about the Mind, Body and Soul relationship, the Mind this the gateway between the two. The Mind in this case, is living cognitive energy.

The reason why many of today's scientists are starting to sound more and more like us, those of us who have been talking crazy like this for some time now, is that the more we have advances in computer technology, the more things make sense to them. It's all relative. Scientists who study the brain size of different reptiles for example, are starting to think of the brain as a radio, a transmitter, and that reptiles have a "collective" intelligence and social function, therefore don't need big receivers.

There is a brain- body relationship. That is what's going on at night when we leave and go about our business only to return in the morning.(From dream to wake) The brain-body relationship composes the Ego/ the body's virtual supervisor. The brain is capable of running the body, "almost" as effectively as when the Mind and Soul are active inside the body. This information has been reported by many brain surgeons who have literally turned off the brain only to have the patient react consciously and even have conversations with them during the operation. We are spirits occupying machines.

Very soon our cars will be the same way. They will be able to drive themselves in the case where we become unconscious the car will be able to take us to the hospital, and even call for help.

[​IMG]
    Years ago, that used to be sci-fi.

7. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Scale of Maat

I've often wondered upon this concept of Maat and keeping our heart as light as a feather. Maybe someone can elaborate on this concept for me. If a person lies with the intent to deceive but feels no guilt is his heart light, or will it weigh heavy? Are the scales of justice concerned more with the intent/ mens rea or the act itself (the actus rea) or do they go hand in hand like in a court of law. Is it our own conscious that judges us, and if so then are we not judged every night when we sleep entering into the underworld to be reborn the next day? Will our consciousness depend on our awareness, if so will a relatively good person with a depth of knowledge judge themselves more severely than someone ignorant of their consequences?

:angel1:

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Sis. phynxofkmt, sounds like all your answers are within your questions.

Sometimes I wonder if there are those on the planet who have the "42 negative confessions of Maat" memorized...those in power for example, and perhaps they go about to make sure Black folks are framed with all 42. Knowing that if we are spiritually connected to our Ancestors, that such acts would in fact weigh down our hearts and even "minds" (slow down the network).

But that was a side thought...

What I find interesting is the concept of weighing the heart on a scale in the first place. Because honestly, when I am angry with someone I don't feel it in my head, I feel it right in the center of my chest. Deep hatred too, is like a burning feeling. Heartbreak, also felt like a painful tug.

I also feel that we are judged by our own conscious. We bury things inside of us so we don't have to look at them, but they are still there. Our past lives. Still there. Still inside us. Many of us will run from state to state, city to city trying to get away from our problems, but they are still there. They keep showing up miraculously. Because the energy that attracts and creates our problem is still inside us.

Is it the heart? Perhaps, why else would our Ancestors weigh it? Even as an artistic concept, it's still very close to something we do today. Maybe it's just symbolism. Perhaps they were able to rise to the highest level of natural technology this world has ever seen, but- they were still kind of sketchy about the whole Brain to Heart concept. Anything is possible.

If we could weigh our own hearts, what would it tell us? Wouldn't it measure guilt?

[​IMG]
    How do Lie Detector tests work?

When a person takes a polygraph test, four to six sensors are attached to them. A polygraph is a machine in which the multiple ("poly") signals from the sensors are recorded on a single strip of moving paper ("graph"). The sensors usually record:

* The person's breathing rate
    * The person's pulse
    * The person's blood pressure
    * The person's perspiration

Sometimes a polygraph will also record things like arm and leg movement.

Humm..interesting. You mean, nothing is hooked up to the brain? Well, all of these have just about everything to do with the heart? I wonder how our Ancestors were able to figure that one out.

[​IMG]

Just a creative guess I suppose...

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,321
    Well, decisions we make come of the heart first, right? So we are judged there because of the deeds which come forth of them.

Our deeds are indeed our fruits, because we labor that they may be manifested, such as laboring to plant a tree that fruit may be manifested therein.

The Son taught us well and to be wise, in this manner, and I'm forever thankful to have His teachings, salvation, and light, because of His sacrifice for our sins, His resurrection from the dead, and His justification He gives all who are believing and faithful.