Black People : The Concept of Being Concerned for Only Self - You and Yours Alone

I've been reading about Ayn Rand, Objectivism, etc., and found organizations associated with her and her thinking did play a part in the 2008 Presidential Election. Also, William Greenspan was one of her "followers" if no mistake.

I do agree that i was raised right, but that doesn't necessarily mean those who think different, were not.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

People who follow her creed dont believe in charity or giving back. In fact, she rejected even feeling guilt for it. Basically, the less fortunate deserve no empathy/sympathy. You cant follow this credo and call yourself a religious or moral person

The notion of strong individualism is what will keep us from uniting. This is the main tool used against us and others, to keep the masses in check. The few can always work this notion to keep what they have.

People who follow her creed dont believe in charity or giving back. In fact, she rejected even feeling guilt for it. Basically, the less fortunate deserve no empathy/sympathy. You cant follow this credo and call yourself a religious or moral person

Unlike you are a Tea Party republican <smile>.

They think the virtues of selfishness is syncretic with 'family values' and 'what made this America great'.

Ditto for one of the Right's most loyal constituencies --- evangelicals who think God is so selfish he will torture the majority of humanity in hell for all eternity to assuage his insecurities about those who have other gods before me, me, me.

Unlike you are a Tea Party republican <smile>.

They think the virtues of selfishness is syncretic with 'family values' and 'what made this America great'.

Ditto for one of the Right's most loyal constituencies --- evangelicals who think God is so selfish he will torture the majority of humanity in hell for all eternity to assuage his insecurities about those who have other gods before me, me, me.

It IS what made America great. They bullied their way thru manifest destiny. Then gun boat diplomacy. Randism made this country what it is today. A lot of evangelicals will be rotting in hell at the end

Peace and Blessings Family,

I heard this Sister say today, that she is all about self. She doesn't care about anyone else, not the poor, obama, no one, except self. Only her and her own. And it really struck a nerve in me. I thot, wow, what a novel concept. Why didn't i think of that? Why didn't i go that way? Why am i concerned about not only myself, but others too? I'd probably be better off if i had done that. I began second guessing myself, my life, etc., and it began to make my heart heavy. Like i've made some terrible mistakes.

It's certainly an alternative, and i'm wondering if i turned right when i shooda went left ... :eeek:

The Sister that shared this seemed very very happy with her choice and its outcome, almost bragging about it, how well she's fared choosing this path ... and i'm just wondering ... does such a path guarantee positive ends for those that embark upon it.

I'd like to explore this concept more. Have you employed it? Would you advise it to others?

Looking forward to the discussion.

Love You!

Destee

Hmmm...that's an interesting practice!

Especially thinking about all the people who may have cared about her in her life time.
Helping her to achieve her outcomes be it directly or indirectly.
How could one not care about something or someone outside of themselves at some point in their life?

I dunno Sister? I'm thinking shes in denial about that. I just cant fathom anyone not loving or caring about anyone besides themselves in a whole life time.
I don't believe it for one second. But if she says its so, i'm not one to fight her on it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back