Black People : The Company You Keep...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by sonnee01, Dec 27, 2005.

1. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29

It Is Better To Be Alone, Than In The Wrong Company

Tell me who your best friends are, and I will tell you who you are. If you run with wolves, you will learn how to howl. But, if you associate with eagles, you will learn how to soar to great heights. “A mirror reflects a man’s face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses.” The simple but true fact of life is that you become like those with whom you closely associate – for the good and the bad.

ANONYMOUS

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    When we ask if we are keeping the wrong company it is just as important to ask are we the wrong company. The company we keep is made up of people just like us. so examine yourself. Are you contributing to the wrongness of your company? Are you a thermometer or a thermostat?

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Great response, River!

Peace!
    isaiah

4. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Well, in that case, maybe I'm just confused. LOL. Seriously. My friends habuts/attitudes are so widely varied I'm not even sure it's funny. Out of my 4 closet friends (3 males, 1 female... known them for 13 years, 13 years, 11 years and 10 years)...... 2 have high/are pursuing degrees, 1 dropped out of college, one never went at all... 2 have full-time jobs, 1 has an at-home/online business, 1 is a full-time student. 1 is married with a child, the other 3 are single (not married). Religious-wise, they are "spiritual", Buddhist, Muslim and Christian. Hmmm..... I can't tell if I should be happy to have such a mixed bag, or concerned...... Some people do say that "variety is the spice of life....."

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

I think both of these statements are accurate.

Do some introspection to see where the projection is coming from on the reflection.
    :)