Black People : The Civil Responsibility Movement Launching 21 January 2008

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by excel10k, Dec 20, 2007.

1. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Neh 1:3 And they said unto me, The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire.

The Civil Responsibility Movement is the next and more profound stage of the battle for civil rights. This stage picks up where the Civil Rights Movement left off and is set to launch “The Dream 2008” campaign on the 21 January 2008, the date federally observed as the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

We have a Responsibility to our predecessors, the progenitors of the Civil Rights Movement to realize their Vision for a dignified climb from victims to victors. Therefore, it is our inherent obligation to instill the Character by which we asked to be judged into our people. This is a call to action challenging each and every African American to respond by joining the Civil Responsibility Movement (CRM) as we endeavor to end the season of self-destruction and self-limiting behavior which has enslaved us for more than four decades.

The magnitude of our social ills is such that nothing less than a nation-wide movement on the scale of the Civil Rights Movement will bring about the “grass roots” and cultural level changes required to reverse our downward trends. This is the Scope of the CRM, in addition to a comprehensive blitz of our most destructive social ills in a historically unprecedented manner, using the word of truth, the power of God, and the armor of righteousness. (2Cor6:7)

Furthermore, the CRM categorically rejects the ineffective tactics of “excuses” and “blame games” to confront our internal enemy of behavioral and character weaknesses. Please join us!

Please visit http://www.thedream2008.com This is a call-to-action. It is time for a great awakening to the fact that if we keep doing what we have been doing, we will keep getting what we have been getting.

To this end, this is what we have been getting:

(Notice the domino effect of how these problems play into each other)

FAMILIES 62% of Black families (up from 23% in 1967) are now headed by single women. 67% of Black children (up from 17% in 1967) are born out of wedlock. The percentage of Black women who are married declined from 62% to 37% between 1950 and 1998. Unstable families are often less than optimum environments for good education, and positive outlooks on life.

EDUCATION 69% of Black children cannot read in the 4th grade, compared with 29% among white children. Only 12% of Black high-school seniors are "proficient" readers, while 54% have "below basic" reading skills. Poor education contributes to an inability to compete in the workplace which results in low paying jobs.

EMPLOYMENT Black adult unemployment has remained twice as high as white unemployment for more than 30 years; 3 times as high among young people. Black women make 89% of what white women make; Black men make 67% of what white men make. Low paying jobs lead to poverty.

POVERTY While constituting roughly 13% of the total population, Black America represents nearly 30% of America's poor. Poverty often times breeds crime and discontentment.

DRUGS & CRIME Drugs are a major contributing factor to the on average, 6342 black on black murders that occur annually. This total of all U.S. soldiers killed during the 2 Gulf wars, across 2 countries, and over the 5 combined years is 4646. We kill 1696 more of our own per year than the gulf war has killed of all U.S. citizens in all combined years. Discontentment oftentimes breeds drug use and the disire for the fast track to prosperity. http://www.ojp.gov/bjs/homicide/ageracesex.htm

AIDS HIV/AIDS is the number 1 cause of death for Blacks aged 25 to 44.
    In recent years, the estimated incidence of HIV/AIDS has declined for every race except Blacks. In 1997, four times as many Latinos and eight times as many Blacks as whites contracted AIDS. HIV/AIDS is a behavioral based, equal opportunity killer which only effects those whos' behavior places them into very specific risk groups. Those who live according to Gods principles are at virtually NO risk of contracting this desease.

HEALTH The state of Black health scores below every other race in the U.S. Every year 250,000 Blacks-a number of people equal to the population of Birmingham, Alabama-are killed by the 10 biggest killers of Blacks of all ages: heart disease, cancer, stroke, AIDS, accidents, homicide, diabetes, pneumonia and influenza, chronic pulmonary diseases such as asthma and bronchitis, and infant mortality. 79,680 Black boys and men were violently murdered between 1985 and 1993, mostly by other Blacks. The cycle that contributes to poverty, also contributes to less exposure to professional health care services and more exposure to high levels of stress and other contributors to poor health.

If we keep doing what we have been doing, we will keep getting what we have been getting. If we sit by and do nothing, history will judge us harshly and our children will suffer the consequences. EACH OF US MUST TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THESE PROBLEMS.

This is your call-to-action. Your people need you. We can turn things around, but we must do some things RADICALLY different from what we have been doing. Our primary tactics have been "excuses", "blaming others" and "demanding" that someone else fix us. The tangible social trends we have experienced during the last 40 years have proven that these tactics DO NOT WORK.

A recent incident in New York City involving a questionable police shooting of a disturbed young black man is a prime example of how we have historically dealt with things. We staged massive protest, jumpped up and down, complained, and demanded this, that, and the other. One the other hand, based on statistics, 17 other black men were killed that day in the United States and NO ONE said a word. This type of incident with the police happen once or twice per year while blacks are killing blacks 17 times per DAY. Why are we giving some killers of black people a free ticket simply because they share our skin color? Why are we not making it common knowledge that ANYONE who kills a black person is the enemy of black people. We must put our community on notice, then rise up in MASS against our internal enemy. It must become commonly known that we value the life of our young men and that our behavior of self-destructive practices can no longer be tolerated. As I indicated, we must do some things RADICALLY different.

Please visit the site, register as a member, familiarize yourself with the principles of the movement, click on "The Dream 2008 Forum", review the items of discussion and see if there are issues you would like to comment on. This movement is new and not scheduled to launch until 21 January 2008, so the forum is new and doesn't have many post, but it is to be the command and communications hub for tactics, planning, ideas, discussion, and possitive debate about our social ills. You should register as a member on the forum as well. Please add what you can to the movement insomuch as ideas and thoughts are concerned. The forum, however, is not to be a place to attack one another because of differing political views. This movement is about unity for the cause of progress. Post that are meant to attack and not productive to civil discussion of the issues will be promptly removed. The movement is much more than just an internet based movement, but will use the power of the internet to team build and swiftly communicate ideas.

Visit the site frequently as it is evolving quickly and will continue to develop. With your help, it will get better. We need leaders as well. If you would like to play a leadership role in this movement locally or nationally, please contact me directly. (662) 934-2445 We currently have a growing board of advisors who bring together a wide variety of experience and professional expertise. The primary qualifications of leaders is that they have a salvation testimony, and are passionate about the future of African Americans. This being said, this is not, nor will it ever be a racial movement. Whites and other races also suffer from many of the same social ills we suffer from and all who have an interest in the progress of the black community as well as the progress of all who suffer social ills will be welcome to join in the Civil Responsibility Movement.

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I would appreciate an update concerning the effectiveness of the implementation of this program.

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
  4. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    You seem like somebody who was here before

:qqb010::wave::10500::em2300::10900: Hey lil fella! Please let me know when you have something positive to say about the greatest people in the history of the world.:qqb010: I'll be waiting:D

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    negroes ain't no good, huh?

there are those COINTELPRO, neo con deamons who would teach you that black people suffer from a character flaw.
    we are just no good. inferior.

i teach that black people have been captured and held and brainwashed by the white supremacists power structure.
    a brainwashed people will act against their own self interest. the solution is to remove the affects of the brainwashing.

i believe that the white man is the problem, the black man is the solution.

6. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Do you see why I dug this post back up? This person can rant all he wants but again what is the effectiveness of his program? If the link ain't working and/or the program is not working then its obvious why this person came back here.

OPERATION CHAOS (oh but thats the "Rush" effect)

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    it is whether you believe that black people are inherently and intrinsically flawed or not.
    do we just posses bad character? are we weak and inferior to white character?
    we did lose the war. does loss in war mean you are inferior? the japanese and the germans were decisively defeated in WWII. are they also inferior?
    do they have character flaws? do the palestinians?

i believe our flaws are the effects of colonization. we have been captured and brainwashed to a far greater degree than the others.
    what some see as character flaws i see as post traumatic shock syndrome. what some see as uncle tom, i see as stockholm syndrome.

we have damage. that damage is repairable.

the white man is the problem, the black man is the solution.

the election of obama shows that even some of the white people are beginning to see this.

9. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    i see why you dug this back up YES I DO

thank you i know what it was early on my street sense with tingling like crazy

this person is disgracing the ancestors

karma is not always kind

THANK YOU BRO. O for finally putting an end to this charade

i see your "MAN BE GONE" spray worked better then my can

lol

br:confused: you forgot to call

CHECKMATE!

10. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

*smh*

If I had started this thread you would be calling me all kinds of names. I have used the same info. :hearthis: You're a hypocrite. In the future, if you cant refute the data, dont bother to even post, geez