Black Spirituality Religion : The children of Cain

rapunzal24

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 2, 2011
I have read here before that some people think that white people are the descendants of Cain, I am curious as to why some believe this. My mother and I got into a pretty deep discussion about this, that led to a pretty good discussion of the Bible. I know that some do not believe in the Bible, but I still would like to know your take on it. What are some of the reasons that you do or do not believe this.

I have read here before that some people think that white people are the descendants of Cain, I am curious as to why some believe this. My mother and I got into a pretty deep discussion about this, that led to a pretty good discussion of the Bible. I know that some do not believe in the Bible, but I still would like to know your take on it. What are some of the reasons that you do or do not believe this.

This has been discussed before....particularly, the "mark of Cain," whatever it was....

However, it really isn't correct to call white people the "children of Cain." --- Noah was not descended from Cain. He was descended from Seth, another son of Adam and Eve, so after the Flood is when white people must have come into being.

Isaac & Rebekah/Esua & Jacob are of particular interest.>>>>

Gen. 25:
[22] And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to inquire of the LORD.
[23] And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
[24] And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.

Exod. 4:
[6] And the LORD said furthermore unto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom: and when he took it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snow.
[7] And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosom again. And he put his hand into his bosom again; and plucked it out of his bosom, and, behold, it was turned again as his other flesh.

Lev. 13:
[13] Then the priest shall consider: and, behold, if the leprosy have covered all his flesh, he shall pronounce him clean that hath the plague: it is all turned white: he is clean.

Num. 12:
[10] And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous

2 Kings 5:
[1] Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
[14] Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

2 Kings 5:
[25] But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither.
[26] And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants?
[27] The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.

..., the "mark of Cain," whatever it was....

Some kind of mark/sign; but not related to skin color. ---Also, the Bible does not say that his DESCENDANTS would also have this "mark."

Gen. 4:
[15] And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

In Hebrew>>>>>>

ath: a sign
Original Word: אָתִין
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: ath
Phonetic Spelling: (awth)
Short Definition: signs

...sign
(Aramaic) corresponding to 'owth; a portent -- sign.
see HEBREW 'owth

http://concordances.org/hebrew/852.htm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back