Black People : The Caucasian Race Like To Refer To Themselves As Europeans

Lazarus said:
I called refer to them as Europeans too.

Consider this:
"America, in fact, is nothing but Europe. The white people in America are not Americans but in fact Europeans. When we call them Americans we allow them to escape; we define them incorrectly. We should call them Europeans and understand that they took that continent from somebody else. WHen you call them Americans you forget that theywere Europeans, because you give them in fact the theory of native origin, that they came out of America. Where did Americans come from? They came from America - that is, somebody you call American. But, if you say they are Europeans (which is what they are), then the question arises as to where they came from - Europe." - Kwame Ture.

This is only partly true since it ignores the millions of white Americans who are decendents of American Indians. Just because the white guy down the street has blond hair and blue eyes doesn't mean he doesn't have Indian blood from generations ago. He's American, not European.

In the end who cares what they choose to call themselves??

Ralfa'il said:
Europeans would straight up CRINGE at the thought of the more barbaric and unsophisticated white American being called European.

Most white Americans object to being called European also.

I agree with you here.

I suspect that Africans laugh at Black Americans for the African American label. Since we weren't born their and don't know where we're from on the continant. I prefer the label, if necessary, black American.

indya said:
I agree with you here.

I suspect that Africans laugh at Black Americans for the African American label. Since we weren't born their and don't know where we're from on the continant. I prefer the label, if necessary, black American.
I can personally atest to that being true. In college, I roomed with a guy named Uchenna Agwuncha from Nigeria, and he used to say that all the time. Even back then, the continentals (+he and his buddies from Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Tanzania, Uganda, etc.) would laugh at virtually everything that was "afro/afri"-centric in America. Essentially, they had had enough then. He used to ask me, "why doesn't black America get a life and an identity of its own to go with it?" Additionally, he would say that the average black American didn't have a clue to what Africa was about. Short-sighted, agreeable or not; that's straight from the horse's mouth.

Now Let's Take A LQQk At Russia ;

Russia Is A Former Empire Of Eastern Europe And Northern Asia . A Russian Is An Inhabitant Of Russia , Its Language , Or Culture . A Native Or Inhabitant Of The Soviet Union , Also The Slavic Language Of The Russians That Is The Official

Language Of The Soviet Union . Russian Also Comes From Medieval Latin Russianus , From Old Rusi , From Old Norse '' Rodhsmenn . Seafarers From Rodhr , Rowing ; In Ino-European Root . Again . Russian Means Rowing , Which Is And , NOT A NATIONALITY

European Russia Was Occupied by Indo - European And Ural-Altaic People , From About The 2nd Millennium B.C. Among The People Present In The Steppe North Of The Black Sea , Were The Cimmerians The Cimmerians , Meaning '' Very Dark '' '' Or '' Gloomy

'' From Greek Mythology , Are One Of A Mythical People Described By Homer As Inhabiting A Land Of Perpentual Darkness . The Word Cimmerian Come From The Latin Cimmerii . The Cimmerians From Greek Kimmerioi . This Again Ties In Greek Mythology .

The Russian People . Who From The Vast Magority Of The Population . Trace Their Origins To The Medieval Slavic State Of Kievan Rus . The Slavs Probably Came From Southern Poland And The Baltic Shore And Settled In The Region Of Mixed Forest And Meadowlands . North Of The Fertile But Uprotected Steppe Lands Of The South ..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back