OldSoul

Permanent Black Man
PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive
(Clyde, I hope this will assist you in the work you've been doing for years!)

Ta-Nehisi Coates, a senior editor at The Atlantic magazine
The Case for Reparations: An Intellectual Autopsy
Four years ago, I opposed reparations.
Here's the story of how my thinking has evolved since then.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business...r-reparations-an-intellectual-autopsy/371125/

http://billmoyers.com/episode/facing-the-truth-the-case-for-reparations/

The Case for Reparations

Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.
  1. I. “So That’s Just One Of My Losses”
  2. II. “A Difference of Kind, Not Degree”
  3. III. “We Inherit Our Ample Patrimony”
  4. IV. “The Ills That Slavery Frees Us From”
  5. V. The Quiet Plunder
  6. VI. Making The Second Ghetto
  7. VII. “A Lot Of People Fell By The Way”
  8. VIII. “Negro Poverty is not White Poverty”
  9. IX. Toward A New Country
  10. X. “There Will Be No ‘Reparations’ From Germany”
http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/05/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
(Clyde, I hope this will assist you in the work you've been doing for years!)

Ta-Nehisi Coates, a senior editor at The Atlantic magazine
The Case for Reparations: An Intellectual Autopsy
Four years ago, I opposed reparations.
Here's the story of how my thinking has evolved since then.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business...r-reparations-an-intellectual-autopsy/371125/

http://billmoyers.com/episode/facing-the-truth-the-case-for-reparations/

The Case for Reparations

Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.

Big Ups and thanks a bunch brother oldsoul, this definitely assists and is blowing up all over the place ... Melissa Harris Perry carried it this morning on her show also.

Here it is on her fb:

https://www.facebook.com/MHPshow

And this, fresh off the press, lol:

Why It’s Time for America to Get Real About Reparations for Black Folks

Just like religion and politics, reparations is one of those divisive topics most Americans steer clear of in public. The mention of the word conjures up a myriad of issues—slavery, racism, discrimination, the source of the money—that, in our “post-racial” Obama era, we like to believe belong firmly in our nation’s troubled past.

But while we grapple with the growing unrest surrounding income inequality and what that means for the waning middle class (read white male blue-collar workers), with “The Case for Reparations,” a provocatively titled cover story for The Atlantic, Ta-nehisi Coates moves far beyond the traditional notions of calling for a financial payout for blacks. Instead, Coates illustrates that through systematic violence and discriminatory government policies and laws—not just racist ideas held by bigoted citizens—black Americans have been and continue to be handicapped.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-time-america-real-reparations-black-folks-193907302.html

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Big Ups and thanks a bunch brother oldsoul, this definitely assists and is blowing up all over the place ... Melissa Harris Perry carried it this morning on her show also.

Here it is on her fb:

https://www.facebook.com/MHPshow

And this, fresh off the press, lol:

Why It’s Time for America to Get Real About Reparations for Black Folks

Just like religion and politics, reparations is one of those divisive topics most Americans steer clear of in public. The mention of the word conjures up a myriad of issues—slavery, racism, discrimination, the source of the money—that, in our “post-racial” Obama era, we like to believe belong firmly in our nation’s troubled past.

But while we grapple with the growing unrest surrounding income inequality and what that means for the waning middle class (read white male blue-collar workers), with “The Case for Reparations,” a provocatively titled cover story for The Atlantic, Ta-nehisi Coates moves far beyond the traditional notions of calling for a financial payout for blacks. Instead, Coates illustrates that through systematic violence and discriminatory government policies and laws—not just racist ideas held by bigoted citizens—black Americans have been and continue to be handicapped.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-time-america-real-reparations-black-folks-193907302.html

Oh my

Just sign up

Then shut up

smh

chuck

Aug 9, 2003
Now you're just amazing and amusing to me

Lol

fyi

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : America's last slave ship could offer a case for reparations African American History Culture 2
CSmith Black People : The Case for Reparations Black People Open Forum 5
7 Black Poetry : We Must Never Forget (A Poetic Case For Reparations) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 20
Writeous1 Black People : The Jacob Blake Case - The Truth Black People Open Forum 16
HODEE Black Travel : JUST IN CASE.. coverage ( INSURANCE ) Black Travel 0
G Law Forum : Police Blue Wall of Silence: A Case Study In The Arrogance of Lies To Protect Criminals Who Wear The Badge Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : $600,000 awarded to man involved in racial discrimination case Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
dattaswami1 Black Christians : A true devotee must always express that the will of God should always happen either in his case or in the case of the others Christian Study Group 0
Ndugu Black People Politics : Do we have a "Just in Case Plan if that fool gets Re- elected?? Black People Politics 11
HODEE Black People Politics : GARLAND...may hear this case? YES!! Black People Politics 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : To the president: a government class fought for the release of unsolved FBI civil rights case files African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Kavanaugh's Dissent In Louisiana's Abortion Case Means Trouble For Roe v. Wade Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Perfection Black People Politics : ├ѕтυdιeѕ in the 乙ulu┤Warfare, Leadership, State Formation: The Case of the Zulu Kingdom, 1808-1879 Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : D.L. Hughley, T.I. Call Double Standard Between Texas School Shooting And Tay-K Murder Case Black People Open Forum 1
HODEE Black People Politics : A New Book with perspectives on: The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Egypt : Ancient Egyptian Pharaoh is World’s Oldest Case of Gigantism Egypt 10
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : baltimore-cops-in freddie-gray-case face internal-discipline Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Woman convicted in ‘stand your ground’ case to help others Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Clinton Made Her Case to Black Voters. Why Didn’t They Hear Her? Black People Politics 9
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : eric-garner-case-shake-up Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : Florida-Voters-Kick-FL-State-Attorney-Angela-Corey-of-Zimmerman-Case-Fame-Out-of-Office Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : chicago-fires-7-cops-for lying in laquan-mcdonald case Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Official: FBI reviewing SC couple's cavity search case Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Orisons Black People : Thank God our Women are on the case/sorting things out! Black People Open Forum 2
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : U.S. Economy Collapse: What You Should Know in Case of US Economic Collapse Black Money Business Jobs 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Lincoln's views of the Dred scott case AACOOLDRE 4
jamesfrmphilly Black People : RICO case against ferguson.... Black People Open Forum 1
Cb_parent Black People Politics : NAACP legal defense fund petitions judge for Michael Brown case Black People Politics 13
RAPTOR The Police : Historic Police Brutality Case, Family of Homeless Denver Pastor Killed in Custody Awarded $4.6M Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Kemetstry Law Forum : WHY "Catching a Case" Isnt a Rite of Passage Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 20
shaka64 Black People : Mark Ciavarella Jr., Pennsylvania Judge, Gets 28 Years In 'Kids For Cash' Case Black People Open Forum 0
coey30 Black Poetry : CASE of the IDIOT…. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Kadijah Law Forum : Police making cellphone searches without a warrant - 4th amendment case before SCOTUS Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 27
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Kevin Trudeau sentenced to 10 years in criminal contempt case Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 9
Therious Law Forum : Another stand your ground case in FLA Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 13
blazejay Black People : is it a case of racism if.... Black People Open Forum 4
Alarm Clock Black People : Ken Burns: Bill De Blasio Has Agreed To Settle 10-Year-Old Central Park Five Case Black People Open Forum 0
Alarm Clock Black People : UN experts: U.S. needs to wrap up review of Trayvon Martin case and examine laws Black People Open Forum 2
Khasm13 Khasm13 : just looked at the jury instructions for the zimmerman case.... Khasm13 3
Enki Black People : Another Trayvon murder case...WTF??? Black People Open Forum 1
Alarm Clock Black People : Holder says hold on, the Zimmerman case is not over! Black People Open Forum 9
legit-writer Black People : Trayvon Martin case: How Rachel Jeantel went from star witness to 'train wreck' Black People Open Forum 11
chuck Black People Politics : Case Studies Of Why Others Get Paid And We Get Played! Black People Politics 2
1poetsought Black Poetry : Case in Point Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
L Black People : Breaking News: Destee (aka D'Blizzy) of Destee.com Catches Major Case Black People Open Forum 69
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : New SARS-like virus infects British patient in tenth case globally Black Health and Wellness 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Sophia Stewart wins the Matrix copyright infringement case Black People Open Forum 37
chuck Black People : Another Case Study Of Racial Profiling in NYC? Black People Open Forum 1
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jaheim ft. Nas - Just in Case (remix) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : ginuwine, r.l., tyrese, case - The Best Man I Can Be - The B Audio Video Web Conferencing 0