Group Think : The Call To Action (Destee.com Competition)

Discussion in 'Group Think Project-Group' started by brown_h0rnet, Jan 10, 2009.

1. brown_h0rnet

brown_h0rnet Master of All Trades... Jack of None PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    We (from the "GroupThink Project" assembly) are looking to come up with some Positive Solutions to eradicate this system of so called White Supremacy, and we are looking for whoever is interested, to help us. We feel that Destee.com would be the best central place (bringing all of us together) for us to begin a movement.

Now, We are in the process of doing a number of things. We are looking to launch an online/e-mail newsletter. The purpose of this newsletter is to keep everyone up to date on current events (that affect us all around the world), the economy etc... etc..., and to keep everyone engaged in whatever plan of action that we decide on.

We want to get some Destee.com T-Shirts (and eventually other merchandise) started so that we can bring in some revenue.

We are also looking to produce a short and sweet, to the point book/e-book outlining where we are, and what we as people need to do to rise up while addressing the areas of our people's activity that is being controlled (as outlined in the Isis Papers). If you visit our Groupthink/Feedback Thread, you will see that we are in the process of coming to consensus on a number of things regarding mainly our home grown document (as well as some ideas for the newsletter). We are looking for someone that is interested to add their feedback, input and ideas to this thread to help us. If you are interested, PLEASE GET CAUGHT UP IN THE THREAD FIRST! It's not that long at this point.

Right now, we are also meeting from 10AM-11AM Eastern Time every Thursday in the Chat Room.

EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED AND WELCOME to attend the meetings, but we feel that the meetings would run smoother with 5 or less people involved in the constant back and forth on the mic. Right now we do have "regulars" which would be, Brown H0rnet, Clyde Coger, Ionlyspeaktruth, Seeking Maat and A007, but very seldom does everyone show up. So we are still looking for participation. If anyone doesn't show up on the mic, then we will welcome participants until it reaches 5.

We are also looking for some female perspective :bellydance: to go along with all of our :weights:

But, If you (male or female) believe that you can commit to making these meetings and being involved in the mic process, please let us know by responding to this thread, and also, visit The Mic Preparation Thread, and get yourself up to speed on getting yourself mic ready.

We are also looking for Web Designers and Graphics Designers to help us with our Online Newsletter and our T-shirt and/or merchandising efforts for Destee.com.

If you are interested in helping us but are unsure of exactly what to do, or have any questions, please respond to this thread and let us know.

The Link To the Entire Forum is Here

So you can see what all we have going on at any given time.

Peace IN!

2. brown_h0rnet

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    3 Months of Premium Membership - Free!!

As described in the first post, we are looking to publish a home grown document (Book/E-book)...

WE NEED THE DESTEE.COM FAMILY'S HELP/PARTICIPATION IN THE NAMING OF THIS DOCUMENT.​

UPDATE for 02/17/09 :idea:

We are Currently Running a Competition. Whoever can come up with the best name for this publication, will win 3 months free Premium Membership!!

Some Names that are currently on the table are:

Black Liberation
    The Reconstruction of Black Civilization (a flip on Chancellor Williams book)
    B.A.M: By Any Means
    B.A.M.N: By Any Means Necessary
    D.R.E.A.M.: Dedication to Restoring and Empowering Africans Mentalities
    The Nu World Order
    The Old World Order
    DesteeDotcom: Re~Dedicating Africa
    Fighting The System of Racism
    The End of Racism As We Know It

If anyone from the Destee family has any ideas for a title, please respond to this thread and let us know.

3. brown_h0rnet

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Pop the Trunk and let it

BUMP!

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    title: DesteeDotCom: Re~Dedicating Africa

(errata: maybe i'm just not hip to the "New Grammar", but i'm wondering if that might be "better" as "... African Mentalities"? making it "the mentalities of Africa"-the Unified Nation, rather than "the mentalities of Africans"-the individuals of the rededicated African Nation.

either way, personally i feel this to be the best of those offered as "by any means [necessary]" allows for the possibility of someone starting some ish about "eh? violence is a "means"."

"nu" or "old": it sounds like a riff on this "new world order" stuff - which, i would imagine, might be the point. but i would wish that someday we create something that is not a "riff" on anything that has been done, but something entirely brand new, freshly thought of and not reminiscent of something somebody else has done so that it stands completely alone.

i also like my idea ... <grin>)

(on the other hand, "taking a riff" could work with something "old" like "DesteeDotCom: Back To Africa" ...<shrug> but even as my "calculations" in the "guess the date of the 10,000th member" contest showed/proved to me, i'll go with my first suggestion.)

5. brown_h0rnet

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Things that go ______ in the night.

BUMP!

6. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    hey hey hey

i have an idea to generate some revenue...

i started on destee because i love poetry.....

we have so much talent.... right here...

we should have a contest......

one based on love unity having fun and us.....

we can do it like it's a 50/50 raffle....

10 bucks to enter......

take the pot.. split it.. half to the winner.. half to the upliftment of the site...

i'm sure we can look up any laws that may apply..

the last three poets of the month should judge along with one of the poetry moderators as the leading judge.....

2nd can receive free premium membership....

or t-shirt when we make it..

or like myself.. a free beat cause i dont know nothing about production...

i would enter....

you can sponser someone who doesn't have the money but has the talent...

also,

we could start a mentor program....

like for me queenstwansa can mentor me......

and me mentor like my lil big sis ...

that way every generation is connected symbolically.......

interaction and communication is the key

7. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    i think we should

we should name the brothers part one thing...

and the sisters part something else...

then put both together as a unified attempt....

for example..... i think the sisters can call it something like

M.A.N. (MOTHERS AGAINST NEGLECT)

I LIKE THAT BECAUSE I ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE TO "MAN UP"

EVEN A YOUTH SECTION... CALLED

COMIN UP!

SLOGAN... COME UP OR SHUT UP!

THE YOUNGER GENERATION IS RAW AND MORE UNREFINED........

JUST BRAINSTORMING.......

PS

I JUST REALIZED THAT U WERE TALKING ABOUT A DOCUMENT... AND NOT THE ACTUAL NAME OF THE UNITED US.......

NEVERTHELESS I LEAVE THE IDEAS......

8. SeekingMaat

SeekingMaat Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +275
    Brainstorm some more sis :)

Sistah Lady, thanks for your response. You have a great energy and ideas that's exactly what we need. I have only very recently joined the GT and would encourage all of us, particularly my sistren to participate in this endeavour, for to be successful both mascaline and feminine energies are required :) I would like to thank Brothas Clyde Coger and Brown Hornet for their determination and consistency in striving to bring this project forward and informing the Destee family of the status and intent of the project. There are a great many ideas on the table pertaining to our growth, empowerment and liberation and Sistah Lady you bring a few more (smile). There are two projects underway an e-book/document and newsletter. This current competition is the naming of the e-book/document , but your ideas are most welcome and can perhaps go straight into the newsletter:) I think the brothas were discussing the timing of the meeting and were considering having evening meetings. If an evening meeting would be more convenient for you or anyone else, please let them know.

The 'gathering' at this forum is extraordinary. The diversity of knowledge and wisdom is a sure indication of purpose. And I think this forum has a purpose ... and if we all just gave a little bit of ourselves to the collective.... we would come to realize that WE are more than enough (smile).

And once again many thanks Sistah Lady, your thoughts are appreciated and noted.

One love
    peace:luvv:

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Miss Lady,

What you have suggested is a great way to regenerate the Friday Nite Poetry Throw Down session. It seems to me that Da Street So’ja, $$RICH$$ and perhaps, ready2chat would all be interested in broadcasting this idea through their avenues. If you need any assistance from me, I’m available at your call my sister Friend. Please, lets keep your idea alive, K

10. brown_h0rnet

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Bump!