Black Spirituality Religion : The Butterfly and the Moth

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Radical Faith, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Butterflies and Moths are two of God's creatures that are simular yet different. Both creature while in there larval form are highly destructive on nature. As caterpillars they devour all they can to preparie for their next phase of life. Both creatures go into a state of metamorphasis and when they emerge they are transformed. This is where things change. The Butterfly seeks the light and warmth of the sun gracefully soaring free. The Butterfly brings beauty to nature pollenating the beautiful fragrent flowers. Butterflies sip the sweet necture of life. The Moth hides in the darkness seeking only false light. While in the darkness the Moth continues to devour and destroy the very fabric of life. The Moth is oftened devoured by other creatures as it flutters eratically through the darkness. The Moth hides and rejects the warmth and light of the life giving sun. These simple creatures are metaphors of our lifes. As we feed on the knowledge we recieve we will eventually transform. Are we seeking the true light of God soaring freely unashamed without fear or do we seek the false light that deceives while we remain hidden in darkness? In Matthew 6:33 Jesus says: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. In John 8:12 Jesus says: Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.Are we Butterfies or are we Moths?

Peace Family

Radical Faith

2. GP

GP Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice post and wonderful question.^5 for this one.

3. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Wow...I really really enjoyed reading these beautiful nuggets. :jump:

-butterfly :spinstar: :angel1: :spinstar:

4. TheWitness

TheWitness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Butterfly :hearts4: Greetings in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ my Brethern!!!!!

5. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    We are renewed by the transforming of our minds just as Jesus died and arisen on the third day we too are new creatures.

We as christians must learn to leave those habbits that we had as caterpillars dead with the old us. We have emerged as new creatures with a new mind set focused on serving Jesus.

Excellent post my brutha enjoyed reading lt.

6. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    This is a beautiful, demonstrating the truth of all peoples, for there are only two ways to travel; either one takes the road of righteousness, the one which the Holy Son has set before us, guiding us by His very own footsteps when He came as a sacrifice for our iniquities and leading up to His resurrection from the dead and His ascension to the Father's right Hand. Or, one could take the road of perdition, which be wide for the many who choose it out of convenience, sin, carnal pleasures of this world.

The former, by belief and faith, will certainly have only riches and light as promised of our KING, while the latter will be darkness and grief as there is no reward in turning away from the Father and the Son.

7. butterfly#1

butterfly#1 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,204

This is the story of my life. Thank you for this wonderful explanation. Its' beautifully told. I love it. I'm truly a BUTTERFLY!!!!