Black Money Business Jobs : The Business a Day Thread

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Thelma Jackson-Smith, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Thelma Jackson-Smith

Thelma Jackson-Smith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +161
    Think of an easy business we can do regardless of income. Try to come up with an idea every day...along with how to start and run it.

Let us come together in peace and love so that we can acquire a better life wherever we live.

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Growing food in small pots. Seed production.

3. Thelma Jackson-Smith

Ratings:
    +161
    This is a great idea. Do you know of any black-owned farms where we can sell the produce to?

And where can we get the seeds?

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Produce could be sold in open markets, churches, etc.

Seeds could be gathered either from buying it in the store, saving seeds from your food from the grocery store, or from the wild.

I have raspberries and wheat growing in my backyard. They are just there.
    The wheat blows around from the wheat fields surrounding the area.

5. Thelma Jackson-Smith

Ratings:
    +161
    How do you get seeds from fruits and vegetables to germinate?

Also, where do you live that you get raspberries and wheat to grow in your backyard naturally?

6. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    As you acquire experience you can eventually upgrade your garden into an hydroponic garden. You might try growing orchids as well.

7. Kyooms

Kyooms Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +51
    Signing for and dropping off deliveries for people. :)

You need:
    -To build up credibility
    -Grab an office with storage space
    -A small delivery vehicle (preferably a flat bed or closed truck)
    -A hand truck for moving a bunch of boxes around at once
    -Occasionally a subcontractor or two for heavy lifting

Where I live, there are a lot of single occupancy apartments, or apartment buildings without on site managers.
    On the outskirts of the city there are similar situations but with houses.
    Most of the people who live in these places are simply never home during business hours, parents are at work, and children are in school.
    These people have their deliveries left at the door or have to go through the hassle of tracking the packages down, picking them up from the courier's drop off, having them returned to sender or stolen right from their doorstep, and missed a delivery you were really waiting on one Friday? Well now you have to wait until the Monday to get it.
    What a pain.

All couriers have drop off points, but here's problem number one, if you missed a delivery from two different carriers you have to find a way to get to two different drop offs. Here's problem number two, if you ordered a package that is being held at a drop off and it is large you are responsible for getting that package to your home if it's past the redelivery date.

I propose setting up a small central office within a particular area as a "drop off" point. This means multiple carriers such as Fedex, DHL, UPS, USPS while competing with each other would have one central option to drop off packages in a safe, secure location, which would be signed for.
    Cover one part of the neighborhood and let people sign up on a per package basis or on a subscription. Franchise your stellar customer service and promptness into other parts of the neighborhood, the city, the state the nation.

Someone dropped off a large television safely at your depot? The customer no longer needs to worry about it, you can deliver that for your customer, they won't have to worry about finding a way to get a missed package if they don't have access to transportation for example.

It takes the headache out of having to worry about tracking down registered/signature authenticated mail, losing a package or figuring out how to lug a 40 lb package home. :)

8. Thelma Jackson-Smith

Ratings:
    +161
    Wow. Thank you for all your likes and responses. I really enjoy the positive energy flowing through this thread. Let us keep it going.

9. Thelma Jackson-Smith

Ratings:
    +161
    Let me add my input. I think Android video games are a great fun business we can start with the young people.

Slickbeast, I read earlier that you have video game knowledge. Would you be able to create games for me so I can start a business?

If you Google "Africa MMORPG", you will discover that one of our African brethen used video games to communicate the experience and beautiful culture of our ancestors. Sadly, he did not finish that. Do you think you could create something like that with enough time?

I will try and put that link up later if I find that information. I originally saw a post like that on here, but being that I access the site on the cell phone, there is only so much linking I can do.

10. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    I'm very busy right now. But if you can learn modeling (using blender, a free but pro software) and make good top down view african people models, we might work together on a simple 2d, top-down rts revolving around african village life. But for 6 months I won't be able to work on outside projects. You must acquire a skill associated with game development (the easiest is modeling) and deep knowledge about African tribal life (hunting, fishing, farming) or else we can't really work together. With coding, I can turn even average models into work of arts. I don't do multiplayer games.