Black People : The Brothers Against Malcolm Believed They Were Right

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, May 3, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I'm sure the Brothers that killed Malcolm, believed in their heart that he was wrong as two left feet, and had to die.

They had convinced themselves, that this Brother could do no good for our people, that he was in fact hurting folk.

Even though they weren't out on the stump, putting their families lives at risk, trying to make a change ... even though they weren't ... they had to kill him.

They just couldn't stand to see the Brother even trying to make history, cover new ground, do new things. They just couldn't stand it.

What some of us do right now, is no different than what those Brothers did to Malcolm.

It's really sad to witness this kind of behavior ... just tearing down a Black Man ... 'cause you don't agree with him.

All the time talking about Black Unity and such ... with no ability to agree and disagree respectfully with those who think different than you.

I think there is a psychological defect, to talk unity while tearing a Sister or Brother down at the same time.

The imbalance of it all, put right on the table for all to see, examples for the babies to follow ... i just don't get it.

I don't understand the lives, careers, hopes, and dreams, already lost, to our acting this way toward each other ... as we continue the same.

God Bless Malcolm, and all the Malcolm's to come, each and every Brother that is trying to do positive things, without tearing down another Brother.

It's more and more difficult to find, witness, and achieve ... we've been so conditioned to hate each other ... and my hat goes off to those that can do it.

God Bless You.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    That's called "HATIN'"

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Sister MsInterpret ... i'm so baffled.

How can the youth dare want to try and do good things, with all these examples of their own people being the ones that will kill them (in word or deed)?

Why even try? Why go to college, rank at the top of your class, live a stellar life, be qualified to do things our people have never done?

Drug dealers get more respect. I guess that's why we got so many of them.

It's really sad to me.

Poor babies.

Destee

4. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    I believe the youth want to do good things...Some of them just don't know how too.

Drug dealers get respect because SOMEONE isn't doing their jobs...or least NOT doing it right.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

I agree with you, that our youth want to do good. I believe that. But they need good examples.

How can they want to work for their own people, when they know it will probably be their own people that kill them?

Many a revolutionary, gave their life, have died homeless, penniless, and in despair ... name, character, everything ... assassinated ... by Black People.

There's just no real incentive for the youth, to work for their own people, if they want to be able to eat, have a home, and be respected while they're living.

We are guaranteeing our current condition, by treating each other the way we do, pushing our children ... our future ... away from us.

The drug dealers in the hood ... are mostly Men ... Brothers ... and rarely will you see or hear a Black Man speak or act against them.

But let the Brother go to college, finish top of his class, be accepted to Harvard, marry his baby's Momma, remain employed ... he's catch'n hell!

I don't know. It's real sad.

Love You!

Destee

6. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    So are you saying that blacks are pretty much screwed either way?

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686

Unfortunately, until we can see the damage we're doing to our own selves ... and correct it ... i think you're right.

Destee

8. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +879
    Destee, what you've described is very sad indeed and it appears that many have become desensitized to the affect of their actions. Humbly speaking my opinion, the problem is that we don't view our people as "our people" anymore. We have lost touch by allowing religion, culture, skin shades, politics and many, many other factors to divide us...now doing the slave master's dirty work. There was a time when we would gravitate to each other by the mere fact of coming from the same lineage..you look like me..that was it. We didn't get into your religion against mine, who are you voting for and all the whys and hows, we simply embraced each other because we were all we had and would not get the love and support amongst us elsewhere, period.

Our youth have been robbed from the torch that we had passed to us by the many generations that built this country. How can one be united if they haven't seen what it looks like? I can only imagine that for many, it's foreign to them to even comprehend. Of course, there are so many dimensions to this..being a mother of two sons, I know there are many reasons why some of our youth do not carry the passion and drive to succeed. I'm left asking, what mantle is being passed to them, if any?

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    divide and conquer is killing black people the world over.
    what is the solution? stop making enemies of other black people.