Black Entertainment : The Blind Side (The Movie based on a true story)

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Full Speed, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
  2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Peace Full Speed:

Subjectively speaking, I heard somewhere on the TV that Mike Oher did not like how he was portrayed in this film. He felt that they made it seem worse than the situation really was with him.

Generally speaking, there are Mike Ohers' all over the country who are doing things other than playing football. Some are seeking to develop their artistic careers, matriculate at the college level, and simply get through the grade school system. Having said that, I do not exactly "glorify" this film, and this is all aside from my innate understanding that if we did a better job as people of the world looking out for each other and each other's best interests and families, this would not be an issue. On a more positive note, people who enjoyed this film - I recommend that you watch the movie They Call Me Sirr, another film based on a true story, which has relatively the same story line with a more interesting situation.

Personally speaking, I wish films like these encouraged people to stop being so selfish and insecure in their lives, and recognize that helping out another hue-man being (young or old) to get somewhere in life can lead to great reward(s) in the future.

KWABENA

3. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    I generally enjoy books or movies that are based on a true story, especially if it is true to the actual story. Thanks for the recommendation. I had not heard of it, but I read the review and watched the trailer. Looks like a great story.