Ms_MochaB

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 24, 2001
Kokomo, Indiana
Occupation
A Supervisor at the Sheriff's Department
The blackness in me ... yeah that's what I feel
The blackness in me is the blackness you've never met
Yes my skin, dark like the night, yet bronzed as kissed by the sun Used to be out, but now in kind of blackness that you can see

But what if, my blackness on the outside was burned off of me, would I still be black?

Oh yes, because my blackness is not what is on the outside, but what is on the inside of me

When grandma said 'chile come ova here for I wear yo' hind end out ... my blackness allowed me to hear 'get ova here so I can watch you 'cause I don't want anyone to hurt you, yet others questioned her love for me ...

When momma and daddy said 'this is goin' to hurt you more than it hurt me ... my blackness allowed me to hear, with correction I will help you to get where you need to be and if I don't do this, somebody else will, but maybe in another way ... yet others heard child abuse

When Sunday morning came around and everybody was getting dressed at 7am to be at church at 10am ... my body was tired, but the blackness birthing in me was allowed to hear this is going to be your rock ... yet others stood back and shook their heads and said I was doomed to mess up

I have learned and grasped many things that have allowed me to be in the place that I am now ... Some things helped to build me into the mother, employee, student, and minister that I am now.
Some things were meant to break me, some were meant to destroy my future and cause me to be a product of my environment ...

But the strength of God, my father and mother, grandparents, aunts, and uncles were placed in me and all that I desired to achieve, I did, not because of the blackness that is on me ... but by years, months, days, hours, and minutes of understanding everything that I experienced was to enhance the blackness in me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back