Black Education / Schools : THE BLACK STUDENT ATHLETE

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by AACOOLDRE, Sep 17, 2011.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    THE BLACK STUDENT ATHLETE
    By Andre Austin

When I pick up the local newspaper and read about black students 90% of the time its about them singing, dancing and playing in sports. With the health problems we have we need kids physically active. However, sports can’t trump or supersede academics. Now we come to the crossroads where black students not interested in things non physical. We must exercise the muscle in the brain as well as his horse legs.

In this day and age how did sports in black community become secondary to academics? Having a 2.0 grade point average is just a means to play sports instead of the real aims and goals of academic achievement of elevating ones humanity.

Black students will never take academics first and sports second when they see all of their black principals as athletic figures and offshoots of a police branch instead of an academic figure. Colleges and pro teams need black bodies (Not brains) to make money off of. So the high schools participate in the horse breeding grounds of creating the Black athlete. So they make little stars for a little while and they just make little harems while in college. 90% of come back crawling to the Ghetto with nothing in their heads and no pro contract. The other lucky few pro lone stars made it now as an individual disconnected from the black community with their white or light-skinned girls. Many of them get into sports so they can stud up 10-15 females.

Black students are conveyed the message that sports is the safest playground for the Blackman where the sarcasm of white contempt is absent. So while on the B-Ball court or the football field its safe to talk social, political and economic views while on the court. Too bad this doesn’t transfer over to the high school debate team, student government or recite a poem in a Shakespeare play.

We are not in harmony with the brain and the body.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    No doubt that black students have converted themselves into these customes
    with the wish hope and dream factor for the quick fix then the knowledge so they
    flex body then brain for achievement.

Academicly we have fallen into a huge short coming because the athlete false spun
    that is being inflicted into their mental thinking that you can go a long way with greatness
    when mentally greatness comes from a thinking tank.

I couldn't agree more.

3. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Academics isn't "sold" to Nubian males like sports is sold in and out of school.
    Athleticism comes easy to many a Nubian male as well.

You'll have to add some glamor to the sell of academics for most young people (and some old) are enraptured more by the appearance rather than the substance of a thing.

4. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    i value academics over sports. Ima junior n attend a school with division one athletics. my athletic dreaming days are over. i still play sports but not with the intent of going pro

the closest i may ever get to the pros is managing. I'd love to manage my hometown football team ^_^