Black People : The Black Shogun - AN ASSESSMENT OF THE AFRICAN PRESENCE IN EARLY JAPAN

info-moetry

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
By Runoko Rashidi

"For a Samurai to be brave, he must have a bit of Black blood."
--Japanese Proverb

THE BLACK PRESENCE IN EARLY JAPAN
Although the island nation of Japan, occupying the extreme eastern extensions of Asia, is assumed by many to have been historically composed of an essentially homogeneous population and culture, the accumulated evidence (much of which has been quietly ignored) places the matter in a vastly different light, and though far more study needs to be done on the subject, it seems indisputable that Black people in Japan played an important role from the most remote phases of antiquity into at least the ninth century.
Meaningful indications of an African presence in ancient Japan have been unearthed from the most remote ages of the Japanese past. To begin with, and as a significant example, a February 15, 1986 report carried by the Associated Press, chronicled that:

"The oldest Stone Age hut in Japan has been unearthed near Osaka....Archeologists date the hut to about 22,000 years ago and say it resembles the dugouts of African bushmen, according to Wazuo Hirose of Osaka Prefectural of Education's cultural division. `Other homes, almost as old, have been found before, but this discovery is significant because the shape is cleaner, better preserved' and is similar to the Africans' dugouts."​
In 1923, anthropologist Roland B. Dixon wrote that "this earliest population of Japan were in the main a blend of Proto-Australoid and Proto-Negroid types, and thus similar in the ancient underlying stratum of the population, southward along the whole coast and throughout Indo-China, and beyond to India itself." Dixon pointed out that, "In Japan, the ancient Negrito element may still be discerned by characteristics which are at the same time exterior and osteologic."
In his last major text, Civilization or Barbarism: An Authentic Anthropology (published posthumously in English in 1991), the brilliant Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop (1923-1986) pointed out that:

"In the first edition of the Nations negres et culture (1954), I posited the hypothesis that the Yellow race must be the result of an interbreeding of Black and White in a cold climate, perhaps around the end of he Upper Paleolithic period. This idea is widely shared today by Japanese scholars and researchers. One Japanese scientist, Nobuo Takano, M.D., chief of dermatology at the Hammatsu Red Cross Hospital, has just developed this idea in Japanese that appeared in 1977, of which he was kind enough to give me a copy in 1979, when, passing through Dakar, he visited my laboratory with a group of Japanese scientists.​
Takano maintains, in substance, that the first human being was Black; then Blacks gave birth to Whites, and the interbreeding of these two gave rise to the Yellow race; these three stages are in fact the title of his book in Japanese, as he explained it to me."​
As to linguistics, in 1987 former Senegalese president Leopold Sedar Senghor noted that, "The people who populate the island of Japan today are descendants from Blacks....Let us not forget that the first population of Japan was Black...and gave to Japan their first language."

http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/shogun.html

5745020-medieval-japanese-samurai-armor-on-black-background.jpg

It would not surprise me if we do have a genetic link to the Japanese, and maybe even Asians in general.

I have seen pictures of Chinese women that had darker skin than many black people. I have also been told that some have curly hair (like mixed black people).

And in the case of the Japanese, there are elements of their religion (Shintoism) that resemble ATRs.

peace

"For a Samurai to be brave, he must have a bit of Black blood."
-
This saying alone speaks volumes and should cause one to want to look further if one is truly interested.

The "paragon of military virtues," Sakanouye no Tamuramaro (758-811) was, in the words of James Murdoch:

"In as sense the originator of what was subsequently to develop into the renowned samurai class, he provided in his own person a worthy model for the professional warrior on which to fashion himself and his character. In battle, a veritable war-god; in peace the gentlest of manly gentlemen, and the simplest and unassuming of men."

Throughout his career, Tamuramaro was rewarded for his services with high civil as well as military positions. In 797 he was named "barbarian-subduing generalissimo" (Sei-i Tai-Shogun), and in 801-802 he again campaigned in northern Japan, establishing fortresses at Izawa and Shiwa and effectively subjugating the Ainu.

Maybe that movie starring Tom Cruise should have starred Wesley Snipes and been called THE BLACK SAMURAI instead of The Last Samurai.

SAKANOUYE TAMURAMARO -BLACK SHOGUN

Sakanouye Tamuramaro was born in 758A.D.and died 811. He was an African whose family had migrated from Korea many generations earlier. He was known as the Paragon of Japanese Military Virtue, the first to hold the title of Sei-i-Tai Shogun. Sak-Tamura's public and family life is well documented. He lived during the early Heian Period (794-1185c.e.) a time in history which gave birth to the Samurai Warriors who modeled themselves after Tamuramaro. (must have a drop of black blood to be Samurai Warrior) . After the failed attempts by the Japanese Military troops against the AINU the emperor decided to call upon Tamura. His success was one of his greatest military achievements. The Emperor bestowed the title of Sei-i-Tai Shogun upon Tamura making him the first to hold this title. He was also the first military statesman of Japan.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back