Black People Politics : The Black Radical Tradition

The first paragraph in the first chapter was W.E.B. DuBois. The rest was mostly commentary. Below are a couple other things he said to compare to the rest of chapter one's Donhoff commentary convicting the States. For example, G. William Donhoff says that America's slaves were released so that the North could win the Civil War when it was actually over South Carolina's effort to sucede from the Union. President Lincoln said, it was "by the ballot" that decisions for the Union are made. He backed that up with the Civil War and then came the freedom. So Donhoff has an agenda that has a bit of a twist in it.

Felix Haywood; former slave:
Freedom. "The end of the war came like that--you snap your fingers. Soldiers, all of a sudden, was everwha'-- coming' in bunches, crossin' and walkin', and ridin'. Every one was singin' We was all walkin' on golden clouds. Hallelujah!"

DuBoise was very educated and had exceptional vision for the future of the Black race."

He believed in the "soul of democracy". DuBois said, "Honest and earnest criticism from those whose interests are most nearly touched -- criticism of writers by readers, of government by those governed, of leaders by those led -- this is the soul of democracy and the safeguard of modern society."

He was a man who's words were more like intellectual poetry than brutal anger.

"The history of the American Negro is the history of this strife -- this longing to attain self-conscious manhood, to merge his double self into a better and truer self. In this merging, he wishes neither for the older selves to be lost. He simply wishes to make it possible for a man to be both Negro and an American"

DuBoise wasn't looking for mobocracy using in-cinerary language. He said,
"Either America will destroy ignorance or ignorance will destroy America."

I have no idea what you're talking about.

If you have an issue with the C. Hedges's commentary, then talk to him about it. If you can't figure out how to contact him I'll see if I can come up with that info for you.

If you don't think the Project Gutenberg has issued an honest reprint they most certainly would like to hear from you.

Hiiiiiii, ogoun. I didn't have to read very far before the twists showed up. Let's face it whether it's Project Gutenberg, or other slant commentary; truth has it's bad stories and tragic tales to tell without adding to or omitting a pure witness.

You hate the States so much that you cannot admit to some of the things that are rare and good.

Once again, I have no idea what you're talking about. Post # 9 is just as opaque and makes as much sense as post #7.
In post #7 you charge that the W.E.B. Du Bois text has been altered and twisted supposedly by someone that goes by the name of Donhoff. Then from some purple haze you manage to spill out words that I can only make out as something like he (whoever this Donhoff is) is some kind of CSA revisionist and apologist. From there you make a half hearted paean to Du Bois then go on to disrespect him by taking his words out of context to suit your own agenda.
For your edification here are two more sources for the very same Du Bois text "The Souls of Black Folks".
https://faculty.uml.edu/sgallagher/WEBDuBois-Souls_of_Black_Folk-1-14.pdf
http://www.webdubois.org/wdb-souls.html#thetext

In post #9 you continue in your trollish manner with vague innuendo about how something or another has been twisted and slanted in some way that it's so unbecoming as to be unbearable then once again not naming who or what that something is.

Now I am not one that believes in censoring at all, but I will not allow this (what I consider) a righteous thread to be hi-jacked by mindless psycho-babble. You or anyone else is welcome to post and link to whom ever they consider is proper for the black radical tradition. For you Willa might I suggest maybe Clarence Thomas or Ben Carson or the supreme repug apologist Michael Steele as a counter message if you so desire.
But I repeat this thread will not be hi-jacked by the trollish.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back