Black People Politics : The Black Radical Tradition

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by ogoun, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,515
    More food for thought...

https://destee.com/threads/the-blac...s-false-leadership-and-stealth-history.83868/

Black People : - The Black Radical Tradition Confronts False Leadership and "Stealth History"

"Former political prisoner, Black Panther and Black Liberation Army activist Dhoruba bin-Wahad discusses his most recent commentaries critical of the...
    destee.com

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +881
    Hhhmmmm. What are you expecting to accomplish with a Black radical so called tradition for today? Why are you trying to resurrect the past There is no prosperity and understanding in that for today's issues. In fact there is more to the story than that. This coin has two sides.

Thomas Cole a former slave said this after he ran away from a plantation and he was found by Yankee soldiers. He just went along with them because he didn't think going back to the plantation was a safe idea. He found himself in the middle of a Union battle against the Rebels.

"We fought way till dark; then we quits. Rebels got more men than we did, so General Rosecrans sends a message ter General Woods ter come help us out.
    'White folks; There was men laying' here and dar wantin' help, wantin' water, wid blood runnin' outer dem, and men laying' round dead wid the top of sides and the head gone, great big holes in 'em. I didn't know the good Lawd wasn't goin' to lets me out wid just dat battle. He was goin to give me plenty more."

So while the evil of slavery was going on, don't forget the other side of people in the United States who were fighting against it.

Even though there were Black Union soldiers, it was a majority of White blood run to the hilt of the White man's sword in the Civil War, which enforced the Union and set the momentum to abolish slavery altogether.

Racism has lost its numbers following Dr. King. Like W.E.B. DuBoise said racism on any level is ignorance.

3. ogoun

ogoun Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +706
    Thank-you Clyde for refreshing my memory for me. His book "Look for Me in the Whirlwind" has been on my to buy list for about a year or so I believe. And thanks for the interview, through in my mind much too short. On his book; if anyone here has read it, could we all get a critique?
    At Bin Wahad's web site located here: http://www.dhorubabinwahad.com/look...m-the-panther-21-to-21st-century-revolutions/ I ran across and watched this vid of a talk he gave to some students(?) I think.
    Look for Me in the Whirlwind: From the Panther 21 to 21st Century Revolutions | Dhoruba Bin Wahad
    dhorubabinwahad.com

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,515
    Not a problem ogoun, no, not at all.

5. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +706
    The question was asked; why all this resurrection of old history? Puzzling question that and gives cause for some thought. But then again the only ones that would pose such a question are those that give it no thought at all.
    So that said, here is two professors that are still giving DuBois some thought and his relevance in todays world.

and

6. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +706

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +15,214
  8. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +706
  9. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +881
    Eldridge Cleaver: After going to jail his last time and being sentenced again to show up for jail in 90 days, he left for Cuba three days before he was to report to serve his new sentence to escape the long arm of the law. While in Cuba he learned by experience, that Communist country lied to him about equality and a lot of things. He learned that Communism was a loss of Freedom, instead oppressing the people of Cuba and that most people in places he went world wide wanted to escape the Communist government.

Since he was at that time dedicated to Communism he thought that was just one bad example, so he went from Cuba to Algiers and traveled to other Communist countries and all over the Arab world. It was the same the world over. He saw that after communism came in and the government confiscated all the private property the people had to go to work for the government. He began listening to what the people were saying, struggling for democracy like ours. He said communism teaches that life is an accident and relegates humanity as an accident having a subservient purpose.

He found that anyone who had an opinion that wasn't in line with the government narrative and policy would find themselves in a mental hospital getting shock treatment, that part of their brain being removed that was causing the government problems. This was students, writers, etc.. Since he is a writer that was disturbing.

He said it was a hard journey, from Black Panther to gratitude for America. He would rather spend his time in an America jail than his freedom in all the places he visited to live all over the world with their inferior and abusive forms of governments.

He said, that American police will knock on the door or burst through it, but in the other places he went in the world, the police would come through a wall with a tank. And no-one might ever see you again.

Eldridge Cleaver appreciates America now and he's turned his bullets in for giving his testimony in speeches all about Communism every where.

You can hear what he has to say and why in his, 1981 BYU Freedom Festival Speech.

10. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +706
    Yes, we know you wrap yourself in the rag of capital above all else. You warm screw everyone else.
    Yeh yeh, quite the fashion statement.
    As you've plainly shown in your latest thread VFH you are completely ignorant of US history so what I suggest child is you go do some remedial study that includes more than grade school white washed fairy tales. In the mean time stop trolling.