Black Spirituality Religion : The Black Man is/isn't God...........

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by naija-man, May 25, 2008.

1. naija-man

naija-man Well-Known Member MEMBER

STUDENT
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have heard these words being thrown around before...I was wondering where/how did it start?? and do you, members of Destee believe this....or do u believe it to an extent.?

http://hiphopgame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53606
    Don't be put off by the website/forum name....there were good points from both sides of the argument...(however there were a few posts that were silly-with cursing/swering)..but it's worth looking at

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

naija-man,

The question you have raised is an open ended one that depends upon a person's worldview. As far as the link provided, all I can say is that Destee.com is my cup of tea.

3. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    Depends on your definition of 'god'
    It could mean one thing
    It could mean many things
    It could mean every thing
    It could mean nothing

Any and everyone essentially gets to make a choice what 'god' means to them.

In my experience equating myself as GOD has been liberating. Since I chose to accept the premise that God was everything I had to include myself (a black man)as an aspect of that foundation/belief. And before the questions come I don't believe anything to be not part of God. Base on my experience and perspective I also see God as a system of conscious and non conscious things made up of other conscious and non conscious things.
    (Hit the auto button)
    http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/
    To go by anything else other than my experience, would be blind faith and at this point in my life doesn't sit well with me.
    :geek:

Peace

4. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    I second that:10200:

5. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Ase!~:bowdown:Ase!~:bowdown:Ase~O:bowdown:

BlacKNifienTlY and BlacKTasTicallY stated!

Thank You for Sharing!:bowdown:

M.E.
    :hearts2:

6. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Metu Neter III *Preface*

Taken from Book III of Metu Neter by Shekhem Ur Shekhem Ra Un Nefer Amen: " A major cause of the general failure to understand the majority of the teachings in the spiritual literature of the world is the assumption by most people that everyone is on the same page *In Relation* to the meaning of common words and concepts".

7. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    GOD dwells within...

and not up in the sky or clouds.

As one awakens embraces the 7-9 levels of self; the closer one reaches divinity ~ A GOD-Like State. This is as good as it gets and this is as close as one gets.

8. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

speaking of which.....I am about a little over halfway through vol three......what do you think of it so far?

9. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    This mortal body is a suit that the Self wears. Within this body suit lies the Self -- not black, not flesh at all.

To perceive Self as a black god is to perceive limits of name [god] and form [black] upon the Unlimitable.

See Self as beyond race, beyond gender, beyond ritual, beyond scripture, beyond name and form, and beyond even this created universe.

How does one solve this Mystery? How does one see the embodied Self?

"The Light of the body is the eye. Therefore, when the eye is single, the body is full of Light. But, when the eye is evil, the body is full of darkness."

"No man can serve two masters."

"Therefore, take no thought of this mortal life, what you will eat, or what you will drink. Nor give any thought to this body, what you will wear. Is not the life more than meat? Is not the body more than raiment?​

10. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    "THE BOOKS" Ap'U'at/Anpu

To Naija-man Plz Excuse my slight deviation for this post.

Bro GeorgeM

It is a reconfiguration/reiteration of what one needs to fundamentally understand in order to truly grasp the first 2 books. The first two books are an "opening of the way" to a lifetime of initiation. I think it is unique in the sense that it expounds on the *relevancy* of the oracles; what they are as "surrogate wisdom" faculties.

What stood out for me is the core importance (amongst all this talk of Chaos and Dark Magic etc) of *KNOWING* the transformations of RA and OVERTHROWING AU-pep. It should not be misunderstood as a Right or Left hand path for the KNOWER.