Black Men : The Black Man Has Nothing But God

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by CosmicMessenger, Sep 11, 2013.

1. CosmicMessenger

CosmicMessenger Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Sometimes it seems that the black man has nothing but God.

Some brothas get so discouraged, they don't even think they have Him.

Be not dismayed, my brothers who are oppressed, despised, and downhearted.

God is on your side.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Some things to think about regarding your relationship to God:

Hebrews 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

3. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Nefertum Husia Shayheh MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    You got me on this one as i said I wouldn't come back but you know what though?? I'm going to write a book out to the Brothers young to old as a dedication to just uplifting us you know? Cause you right...alot of us are depressed and just tired giving our all and just tired of being rejected when asking help doing real progressive solutions for the community in which you are residing in. Real talk. Alot of us just don't speak out and was taught to just hold it in and keep it moving. it's like a war syndrome...just like being in the military again you know? mission after mission and it's like when will it ever stop like when will we just come together but you can't force nobody and you just live with it and be happy you can make a difference in the children's life you know? Cause they cannot be caught up in this madness in which we was born in...we owe it to them and that's something to die fore and live on fore. so yeah you got me on this one and couple other ones...it's hard in these times man. serious up. it's like a jungle sometimes. peace bro.

4. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    And sometimes it be your own brother with speculations on your progress speculating until speculations become guilty verdicts like the public court of opinion you know??? you can be in straight progress with proof in hand and on-ground and still get done in by "all talk" wannabe Kings standing in front of wannabe Queens, which needs to see a little that action is being taken to provide solution to problems and they are putting you down while they ain't doing nothing or setting you up if they are doing something to make them look bigger. In other words hiding what they do for selfishness accomplishments and being a hater possibly backing up another hater or group of haters. Now how that sound? This stuff is on-going on ground and on-line. Seriously. Real talk. And it's like how much more can you take before you explode over the nonsense you know? But fore me I just zone out and just listen to some 2Pac and just ride chilling looking at the stars man. Because that's all you got b4 the nites up you know? that's just real. you just wish you can just put in so much work and package them to parachute down in the arms of the kids and just die after that you know? Like putting your whole life work in at high speed. that's how i be feeling most of the times you know? it's wrong to be feeling like that but man what else is left? so i just meditate and hypnotize myself like earth ain't real no more and it's just me in time and space just putting in work. so i'm always on the watch even when the sun comes up and the moon glow bright.... you just gotta get it off your chest so you want have to be under pressure.

5. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    That's deep, bruh.

I try not to get depressed when things go against me or be happy when things go my way.

I try to walk that middle path and stay on the middle ground.

6. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    I feel you man and it's just brothers on the streets, corporate, we be coming together on some crying and dying over situations and you be you seeing the kids walking in the streets half dressed and shhh, sisters looking scandalous than ever like demons rolling up with a smile and the brothers be down with it so it's like insanity you know? and you can't talk to nobody about the positive cause they like the negative stuff...it's wild man and i don't understand it know more you know? i was taught to never give up and even if it cause you death cause i ain't got no secrets and no more fear so i do fore my brother when i got it and speak to my sister even if she ain't feeling me or just ignore me. it's like walking stone walls with no feelings and when you walk by with nothing to say they expect no demand you to speak to them like on some punk shhh! and even do them fore whatever they want and be like dayum i thought yall wasn't speaking and they do i be like eh you get into a business together or just add on? it never works....so i just look from afar at the sisters and dodge eye contact, give a dap or two to my brother and keep it going knowing the next days and nights it's going to be same....man i be drawing on the powers around spiritually from plant and animal nature these days str8 slugging on you know? i learn from the spiders, flies, the tallest trees and sometimes i be talking to them and swear they shake in response i swear they do. stander stronger and taller with my shadow having my back from sun up to moon glow. keep hitting hearts bro with real conversations.

7. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    That's real deep, bruh!

Whatever you go through, remember that God is in control.

• Like Like x 1
    • False False x 1
    • List
  8. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Matthew 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

9 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!

24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence.

27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

9. CosmicMessenger

United States
    Ratings:
    +945
    Yes brothers, the black man has nothing but GOD!

The way our BLACKWOMEN treat us, sometimes I think THEY'RE part of the CURSE!!!!!

We ALREADY have to deal with a RACIST SOCIETY, always putting OBSTACLES in our path and HOLDING US BACK!!!!

Then we have the BLACKWOMEN treating us like we're the LOWEST THING ON THE TOTEM POLE!!!!! (which we are in this country)

It's not EASY being a BLACK MAN!

• Disrespectful Disrespectful x 1
    • List
  10. Mochalovekisses

Mochalovekisses Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +108
    I'm no black man, but i agree. If you don't have anyone You do have GOD and HE will never let you down. Stay strong and blessed my brotha. Best blessing to you and us all.