The Black Male Ego

OmowaleX said:
The Black Male Ego (as YOU call it) is very similar to the White Male Ego and the Black Woman Ego and the White Woman Ego..the Black Male Ego, like the White Male Ego is basically a self-projection of one's defense mechanism when it feels it is being challenged or threatened....it is a more overt phenomenon which is a Natural part of the Black Man....the ego is a natural part of the Black Man's psychological make-up and personality as is the id, superego, etc..Study the story of Osiris and Set, or Helen of Troy...in each instance women are involved and part of the Black Male Ego conflict has to do with issues related to sexuality and their relationships with women, and how their self-reflexion is influences by these interpersonal relationships..

Brother O ... i didn't know what else to call it, other than The Black Male Ego. What words would you rather i used? What words would have fit more appropriately? I'm flexible.

I appreciate the words you've shared with me and i have a question. You mention women, as it relates to the Black Male Ego, suggesting (tell me if i'm wrong) that he "flexes" his ego as a way to influence interpersonal relationships ... "to look good in front of women?" That's kind of odd, and very interesting, as most heated debates (the actual topic) between Brothers have nothing to do with a woman ... hmmm ... or does it ??

Tell me ... can you see any of your own ego or over compensation fueling the fires?

I guess my real question is, is it easier to see this in others, than to see it in one's self?

:heart:

Destee

brother Malik said:
Destee's asked the men to relate how they feel about some of the conflict that happens between US. True, I know sisters do it too, but pointing out what they do aint gon' help you be able to recognize and control some of the harsh words and feelings brothers sometimes engage in here between each other. Her question, if we really think about it, should move us to question ourselves. DO I TEND TO ENGAGE IN TOO MUCH CONFLICT???????. Just ask yourself that. And be honest. And admit it to the family. But most importantly, if you test positive, try to begin to work on that.

Determine for yourself what is the purpose of this site and what is my(your) purpose for coming here?? Set that as the primary motivator for everything you say here. Continually re-focus on that purpose.

It's not an us-against-you type of thing. It's you performing self-evaluation. Truthful self-evaluation is the highest form of human existence.

Malik

brother Malik, in all due respect, last night in chat when I mentioned one "conflict" in particular I believe your response was quite difference that what you are expressing at this moment. In fact, I believe that you underplayed a situation that now you are speaking on as a problem. Yet you state, "And be honest". I do believe that I am the one who opened at least part of this discussion, but now you want to talk to me about "self-evaluation". I guess this is how Brothers "Build" around here...

JMO,
Omowale..

Destee said:
Brother O ... i didn't know what else to call it, other than The Black Male Ego. What words would you rather i used? What words would have fit more appropriately? I'm flexible.

I appreciate the words you've shared with me and i have a question. You mention women, as it relates to the Black Male Ego, suggesting (tell me if i'm wrong) that he "flexes" his ego as a way to influence interpersonal relationships ... "to look good in front of women?" That's kind of odd, and very interesting, as most heated debates (the actual topic) between Brothers have nothing to do with a woman ... hmmm ... or does it ??

Tell me ... can you see any of your own ego or over compensation fueling the fires?

I guess my real question is, is it easier to see this in others, than to see it in one's self?

Destee

Oftentimes the "most heated debates (the actual topic) between Brothers have nothing to do with a woman...hmmm...or does it" I believe is the appearance but oftentimes one is not conscious of forces working behind the scenes (via notes, personal messages) and yes, Brothers are familiar with the practice of "fronting"...and who are they "fronting" for...
And yes...I can see some of my own ego projection otherwise I would not be able to speak on it..especially since I have been accused of "lying" or acting "covert" I have put my "ego" out here openly..

As many others have done before me..I see this in myself but I also see it in others who at times I wonder if they see their own role in all of this..

OmowaleX said:
Destee,
Since I have spoken to you personally about a situation, I find a few of your statements to be rather ironic, and, to a certain degree, rather dishonest..

Sisters may not OPENLY fight and fuss here, but it does not mean that this behaviour does not exist..

I do not feel it would be appropriate to give you an example here of what I have already discussed, since this would involve mentioning members who no longer are here, especially in the case of one former moderator, in particular...

peace!
Omowale..

Brother Omowale ... i don't know why you continue to do this ... half tell a story, put a little bit of it out there, but not willing to put the whole thing on the table ... even going so far as to call me dishonest ... gosh ... which i am not. Yes, we've had discussions, and i will stand behind anything i've said to you. I don't normally reference private conversations i've had with Members, in my posts on the forum ... but since you have ... and you're calling me dishonest ... the least you can do is tell the Family what i'm being dishonest about. I am not afraid to table any topic openly to the Family. As a matter of fact, i encourage that. So i don't know exactly how you expect me to respond to this. I am not dishonest, and i don't appreciate you suggesting that i am. If you want to put everything on the table, do that. I aint skared.

Destee

By omowale: but now you want to talk to me about "self-evaluation". I guess this is how Brothers "Build" around here...

Way too sensitive playa. I wasn't speaking to "you". I was sending a message to every brother who reads this site. There was no intent on my part to speak to you specifically.

Malik

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back