Black Short Stories : The Black Cougars and the Lash

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by AACOOLDRE, Feb 3, 2007.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    THE BLACK COUGARS AND THE LASH

By Andre Austin

Rise up stand up divided we’ll crawl small
    The Comforter and the Zealot shall not fall
    Breaking bread together avoiding the gall
    And bribes and sellouts taking none at all

Liberty is a rode not an unpredictable tide
    We don’t take the tribulation in strides
    Or exchanging our dignity neither our pride
    We are united together with exposed backsides

I see a withered and strong fig tree
    Some are birthed and hung from thee
    Some of them are blind and some can see
    Some are struck with light and go from me to we

Lightning has hit within an eye blinking flash
    Wisdom shines like gold and fools get the lash

This is a story of the Black Cougars (BC) struggle with the police and politicians to speak out against the injustices by the white wolves commonly known as white peoples. These
    BC’s are tough sporting black leather jackets holding up riffles and shotguns spitting out the slogan “Black power” and “Pigs don’t crack my head”. The BC’s were holding a meeting at their headquarters and Rev. Luther Royal came in uninvited to have a little dialogue with them.

Rev Luther: I’m with you guys but I don’t need a gun. Their army is bigger than yours a million times over and can pick you guys off like flies. You know historically the police force was set up as an extension of the oppressive regime of slavery. And the White Masters incorporated Bible passages like “He that knoweth his masters will, and doeth it not, shall be beaten with many stripes” (Luke 12:47). We need to work on a program to navigate through and around the police lash so that we don’t end up like naked circus clowns on TV being paraded around.

General Fig Newton: I hope your not trying to get us to be some type Black Sambo’s or something.

Rev Luther: I want you to be men. Well you know what happened to your chapter in Philadelphia last week. Ten of your privates were striped naked, out of an abandoned building in front of their girlfriend and the neighborhood, and walked butt nude with hands on top of their heads to a paddy wagon. The white pigs did this just to show how little power you have. They would rather see you walking around like lady heroin or a flip boy on crack.

General Fig Newton: They got one on us. They got one battle but were are still in this war. We have loyal followers. Five of our female members volunteered to earn some money on the street and sell themselves to raise up the bond money for our ten soldiers in jail. A couple of the sisters ran a trick on a white banker. While the sucker was in bed with one the other was under the bed striping his wallet clean of $3 grand. And that was enough bread to spring everybody and throw a party. My members are ready to strap on a grenade and walk in on corporate American. So what you gotta say to that Rev. Are you church members ready to sacrifice like that.

Rev Luther: My church sacrifices for Jesus and not me.

General Fig Newton: The money don’t go to Jesus it goes to the building fund. Men are hardly in attendance because the preacher wants to be the only man in church and likes to talk down on us. We feel like our tithes is just an access fee for the single women considering marriage if not all ready deflowered by the pimp/preacher. Now your church fees go your pockets so you can keep the latest Cadillac and buying toys for all the women you running through. We use our money to build a revolution and buy guns.

Rev Luther: Yes I’ve seen your guns. I’ve seen that famous poster picture with you sitting in a wicker chair with that riffle, spear and shield. I prefer George Clinton’s approach on his album cover ,Uncle Sam wants You, he sat in a wicker chair too but instead of a riffle he had a flashlight. He was trying to tell you Black Cougars to get some light in your life and stay out of the darkness of ignorance.

SGT Jackson: General Newton you want me to drive on this jive sucker for his double breasted lips just keeps on just mouthing off.

General Fig Newton: Naw, our quarrel is with the pigs. Now I’ll tell you whats ignorant. Teaching black people to be humble, meek and docile at the abuse of white employers on the job or with the pigs on the streets.

Rev Luther: That’s survival

General Fig Newton: Naw that’s ignorance. We here at the Black Cougar headquarters teach Black unity and support each other when we are down. When my ten men were released from the pig’s cages they all went home to their girlfriends and wives and were treated like kings. They walked into houses with incenses burning and their ladies cooked dinner and breakfast for them butt naked to symbolize their unity with them when they were paraded nude in streets of Oakland. They internalized their humiliation and turned it into an opportunity for even more unity. I recall hearing a story of a young man who was lynched and his mother ended up lynched too after she tried to intervene knowing her life was in danger. We go to jail together, eat together, hang together and yes die together.

Rev Luther: It seems to me you left the best of all. If we all Love together there would be no need to die unnecessary together. You guys got 200 members and the only one working is your treasury of defense. The FBI and the Hooverites are accusing you guys of being funded by communist from Russia via of Cuba. Now if this is true the government will put bricks in all of your wings. They will send in black informants to create disunity and chaos within your organization.

General Fig Newton: Our revenues come from the people. The people donate their lottery winnings, will their life insurance policies to us and donate small items that are sold off to pawn shops. And every now and then a professional Athlete or actor drops in a check. So all that government jazz about us getting money from the Reds is nothing but junk. The only difference between you and me is that your tax deductible and we are not. There are three people I hate the I , The R, and the S.

Rev Luther: Well you know they had me up for some trumped up tax evasion and they can’t get enough of bugging everything I say and do. I slip sometimes. My nerves are shot and some times I smoke cigarettes. Women throw themselves at me and I find myself caught up like King David. They try to take everything from us and sometimes all I got is my love and they try to drive me to suicide but I keep on. But enough about me. We need to come together. We have mutual goals of education, healthcare, housing and employment. And if we all come together all of the leadership comes together then we would have tapped into all corners of the Black population. Black unity is a vaccine against the major problems. As with all vaccines some people die off. Now the black leather jackets are fine but the guns are a cancer no vaccine can deal with. Its time to unite our forces.

General Fig Newton: Just maybe we can deal with it Rev. Luther. The guns were symbolic anyway. But if we give up our guns then you have to make some adjustments too. Church members must be assertive and spines completely vertical. Women are to be accepted as equal and taught that men ears and women’s mouth should match along with the kitchen and the bedroom. We teach our women to empower their men when they have been demoralized by the system that only wants to see us as dancers and entertainers. And if we give up our guns you have to come up with an afrocentric program of teaching Black contributions to the history and development of the Bible. Now do we have a deal or static?

Rev. Luther: It’s a beautiful thing to see polarized opposites can mend each others disunity. You see we help each other. You make us more empowering to the church and we get you guys to be less radical. You see slogans are to be replaced with programs. Symbols of guns if the image of overthrowing the government. When you lay down your arms the government will lay off but they will still be keeping a watchful eye over all of us.

General Fig Newton and Rev. Luther Royal rose up from their chairs and extended their hands across the table to embrace their new found brotherhood. They signed a Memorandum of Action calling their first strategy to get black actors to stop playing 21st century maids in Butlers in Hollywood. No Black actor will star in a movie sacrificing his family for the benefit of a white family. The viewing audience will be taught not to be fooled by roles in a show. For example a black doctor, lawyer or police can star in a movie and still have its core primary function to serve as a butler, maid and subservient subordinates.

DREAM RESULTS
    As Black organization came together as one unspeakable amounts of advancements have been made. Only 2% unemployment, High School drop rates is only 8% and the lifespan years increase 10 years for all. College attendance exceeds prison attendance. Domestic violence went down. Marriages went up and divorces went down. This was no utopia or City of Gold but the descendants of slaves were on the road to higher civilization making them the envy and admiration of the world.

THE END

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    your stories really takes me in wit a bang this was something
    is it a part 2 on this spin?

3. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States