Omowale Jabali : The Black Conservative Agenda

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    On Thurday I was watching a cabble program on C-Span which was an interview with writer Shelby Steele. I had heard of him before but never read his book. The topic was "WHITE GUILT". He made a few points I agree with concerning the democratic Party but he lost me with some disparaging remarks concerning affirmative action and some popular "Black leaders" such as Louis Farrakhan.

As the interview progressed he explained how he had at one time voted for Jimmy Carter and Walter Mondale but not for Reagan or papa Bush, but later came around to Dole and George Bush. Then he went on about Booker T and DuBois.

What I am wondering is will black people in the united states ALWAYS divide themselves along these democratic vs republican, malcolm vs martin, booker vs dubois debates?? what is there to be gained by remaining divided along these age-old ideological lines and furthermore, do the republicans have a political agenda that benefits the "black masses"???

i think they do (have an "agenda") and the democrats dont. i was just wondering what other folks think....

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i believe that our penchant for divisiveness does us great harm.
    it seems we are always finding some one to throw out of the family.

3. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    For us to regain ourselves (power over our nations and such) in this world we have to stop loosing ourselves in "debates" and look at each ideology.Both sides of any debate are bound to have good points and bad points, we should take the goods ones from each side and throw the rest away so we can create something new.All the political parties in the world have an agenda but last time I checked we were not in complete control over them....or maybe I missed something.

WE have to start thinking/acting out of our own ideologies and contexts(take what you need,throw the rest away) or we may just end up being a black face on the same style of establishment in this world that we all hate so much.....

alot more stuff goes into it but that is all that comes to mind for now.

4. rationalMuse

rationalMuse Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds interesting. I tried to find that show on the c-span site, but I don't think it's available for download.

There's a description of the show here: In Depth with Shelby Steele , first aired April 2.
    I don't think black people can or should be expected to agree on everything, or side together on everything, any more than any other ethnic / racial group does. People will naturally have different political inclinations and beliefs, and may seek to group together accordingly.

I do think that we often make a false alternative, making an either/or choice when there are in fact many choices. I certainly don't accept Liberals or Conservatives as a sort of "package deal".
    No. Republicans have an agenda that benefits Republicans, primarily wealthy ones in positions of power.
    Democrats have done terribly in the area of political strategy over the past decade or so.

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    good points by all. thanks for your responses!

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Shelby Steele on Obama

7. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    We have lost a sense of honesty

Is Farakhan,
    Elijah?
    Where are the businesses and stores and farms and resturants, that we saw in the 60s?
    Elijah was not a Mason!
    Is Jesse,
    Dr King?
    Dr.King never allowed himself duped into running for office.
    Is Sharpton Dr.King?
    Is this hatin or is it looking at where you live,
    and where I live and saying where is the proactive plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Who gives a **** about what *&#@ think

Carter G Woodson warned us about them!
    Stokely tells us about the Boule's.
    The masses are not effected by them,
    The working class don't give a **** about them,
    and the long time folks on this board prove that most of the profesional class, are not influenced by them.

9. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I disagree in part...

We are all influenced by the "Boule".

Many black professionals especially. Which is part of the crisis of the Black Intellectual.

The white corporate media constantly puts before us Shelby Steele, Jesse Lee Peterson, Larry Elder, etc and they do have an influence on the political perspectives of SOME Black people.

Obviously, I am not promoting a black conservative agenda just putting their face out their. We need to know who these folsk are so we can counter-attack their propaganda.