Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OmowaleX

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 23, 2002
Aztlan
Occupation
Educator
The hip hop community has been classified as an enemy of the state by law enforcement agencies. It comes down to everything from their dress to their lyrics. Hip hop is no different than any other art form, any other culture, any other group of youth attempting to express themselves.

The Black August Movement (BAM) is devoted to supporting youth everywhere as they express themselves through hip hop's range of visual and performance art forms.

The Black August Movement (BAM) strives to support the global development of hip hop culture by facilitating exchanges between international communities where hip hop is a vital part of youth culture and, by promoting awareness about the social and political issues that effect these youth communities.

Our goal is to bring culture and politics together and to allow them to naturally evolve into a unique hip hop consciousness that informs our collective struggle for a more just, equitable, and human world.

@Shaneak
Through an effective merging of hip hop culture and political information, the Movement promotes our own hip hop aesthetic, which emphasizes self-expression, creativity and community responsibility.

Organizing various Rap Festivals featuring artists who promote this aesthetic has been one of the principal means of addressing this concern by teaching youth social responsibility.

Using positive messages in hip hop music as a means of political education in promoting cultural awareness.

Okay.. I can understand that.

But how will you convert millions of youth to focus on your rap. I mean i'm sure you will have tons of speakers and go to tons of schools. But the fact remains.. they go home every day and watch MTV and BET. Have you attempted or already have some of the more popular hip hop artists currently in the profession also promoting this aesthetic?

I ask this question because I feel that this a good idea. But the youth follow certain artists.. Such as Jay Z.. and DMX.. whom I feel DMX current music somewhat addresses social issues in the society but also hurts its.. meaning its not all good for a childs ears. But he is one of the populars.

Or is this more like a Kirk Franklin thing?...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back