Black Spirituality Religion : The Biggest Dividing Factor

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Keita Kenyatta, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    True indeed. When we decide to stop follow religions and start following facts then our reconnection to our creator will begin

3. godsmantru

godsmantru Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    for whatever this is worth coming from me: I admire the fight in you keita.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Must be the Leo in me!?

5. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Hear the Leo ROAR! ;)

6. godsmantru

godsmantru Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Well, the Taurus in me says it's about time!

7. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Religion gets the bad Rapp

It maybe an issue of semantics...but Religion in and of itself (definitively speaking) doesn't do any dividing. I think it is the Euro interp of religions and our subsequently erroneous (and despiritualized) internalization of it that got things disequilibrated. :happens:

8. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383

Religion in its structure was supposed to be nothing but a holding mechanism until the individual could be spiritually developed. There of course was an exoteric and esoteric aspect for those less spiritually developed and those more spiritually developed. I agree that the intervention of the European upon our people, land and culture had a very very large impact. For it was with the invasions that the priesthood fled Kemet scattering to the four winds. Each of them depending upon what stage of growth or knowledge they were in, took what they had and set up where they were...as such we see various aspects of Kemetian knowledge and spiritual concepts in many places with many names.

Once the schools were run down upon as a means of stamping out the light of what our ancestors were doing, students and teachers began to flee with what they had, whether complete or incomplete. Their attempt to preserve what they had is the manifestation of all these religions. The European intervention upon them is the "controlling factor and misrepresentation of them by virtue of them controlling the "written word" through advent of the printing press.

Once the European got his hands upon it we began to see divisions of it based upon their interpretation of it and the politics that were in place. Unfortunately this is what we now follow. Their control of the printing press allowed them to not only write themselves into history where they were not but it allowed them to add the false historical and cultural elements that would serve as a controlling factor upon our people minds and hearts.

9. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    The European always had help from us. Constantine had Sylvester. W has Condi. He and his daddy both had Colin. Slick Willy had Vernon. Nixon had Sammy, etc.

Religions are like arseholes. _EVERYBODY_ has one. Even atheists have created a peculiar religion of their own -- the religion of the UnGod. And, they are just as enthusiatic about proselytizing in the name of their religion as Southern Baptist fundamentalists.

Wired into man's spritual DNA is a deep hunger to know WHAT/WHY and WHO. WHAT am I? WHY am I here? And, WHO made me? Religion is the search for answers to these questions.

You and I are perfect examples of this. We, both of us, are fervent evangelists -- preaching the Word of our faith. And, let me be quite clear about an important point. We are all operating out of faith.

If each of us would be honest, we would, each of us, have to admit that our convictions, or lack thereof, on what lies beyond the grave are based, not on scientifically measurable facts, but on faith. Some of us, on faith, assume there is no god or Jesus or who ever waiting for us there. Some of us assume, again on faith, that HE is. And, some of us assume, again on faith, that there is no death -- only a transistion of the Self from the sheaths of mortality to something else.

Soon enough, we will all know WHAT/WHY and WHO.

10. godsmantru

godsmantru Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I would just like to praise the Most High for that last post Sister.