Black Education / Schools : The Big Lie Revealed

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by NNQueen, Feb 27, 2017.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,076

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    this is awesome, but some of those Blacks they call 'Black' look very white though, very fair skinned with white traits. And, what wonderful timing now, after all these hundreds of years and decades... that still, the HOUSE, the white spokesperson, decides to out his white race and be the hero and show us Blacks today, how their whites hid this wonderful history...that, like the Black girl on his show revealed... I already knew this...too.

They still determine, when it's time to oust their white relatives for being evil, and thus many all American blacks still feel fond of America. Don't you just love it how towards the end of this clip, the white men almost became drunk on how those wonderful blacks of the past, said they have no bad feelings about slavery...just like joseph in the Bible, who had no bad feelings for being in a dungeon...

Don't you just love how the slave master interprets the Bible, and outright lie!--about Joseph loving his oppressors...even though the Bible well documented that Joseph told his relatives, to swear that when they left Egypt, they would take his bones out.... Joseph hated being 'a captive' in Egypt but let 'them' tell it, --our story-- smh.

But amidst all of that patriotism that makes me cringe, and even though it's obvious that the early artist painted strategically to preserve history about those famous Blacks that were probably decorated at the time, but had to be made sort of invisible in the portraits, it was still awesome to now see this history. It is amazing how they did that, hide the famous Black men right in the portrait...to be revealed when they chose to at some later time. Wow, to see PETER SALEM, come alive and Prince Wipple come alive again by now, giving them their names, history, and acts, is amazing. To be refreshed on Banneker is great. NO, to clarify, I didn't specifically know about, these particular men, but I read about so many more about so many Black men in New England and from England itself during these times, it's overwhelming.

But to use, Trumps strategic blunder about Frederick Douglass to test us today, is sad. To see if we also recall that the Black community became divided on Frederick Douglass because he brought white women in the house of his black wife and had sex with these women--who also insulted his black wife-- is so sad.

And to use Frederick Douglass to re-introduce famous Black men who fought for America and with George Washington in order to suppress the other issues about Washington being a slave owner, is like mockery. I love and appreciate this new found history, but I hope that we also realize the whole picture.

3. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,003
  4. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
  5. IFE

IFE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,101

We know our history, the whole history. You don't. Not one of us.
    Lil d didn't know anything about Fredrick Douglas. Not a blunder. I don't see him ever studying Black History. He thought Douglas was still living and getting a lot of attention now. Silly rabbit.

The Black community did not become divided because of Douglass affairs.
    The semi division was a result of Fredrick Douglas, W.E.B. Du Bois different political views. Then came Marcus Garvey, which divided even more. 3 divisions.
    Majority of Blacks remained followers of Douglass.

Douglass supported studying the trades, maids, butlers, etc.
    Du Bois supported education - The Talenth Tenth
    Marcus Garvey Black Nationalism and Pan-Africanism movement

I would like to know where you got the information that Blacks were divided over Douglass having affair.

6. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    yes, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't know anything about Frederick Douglass.

But yes, the Black community was very divided over Frederick Douglass due to his white women. I posted a lot in this community years ago, and will go through my files to see if I can find it. It is not easy to find though, so I was surprised to stumble across it myself.

that sort of information has been conveniently suppressed after Douglass views shifted away from William Lloyd Garrisons position on voting and etc.

7. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    Fredrick Douglass did have affairs. He did marry a German woman, 20years older than him, after his wife died according to historians.
    Both women complained about Douglass work. He had much to do.
    Why do whites think Blacks would abandon Douglas, in the mist of trying to come together as a people, because he had an affair. Douglass will keep is place in Black History.

Suddenly there's all this information about Douglass affairs and his white wife available online. That's what happens when lil d mentions your name.

Blacks did not turn on Douglas because of his affairs. Why would we? You don't need to search for proof that Douglass affairs.

I do think there is a lot to be discussed about Douglas and many powerful leaders, and their women.

For your reading pleasure:
    1. Love Across Color Lines - The New York Times
      http://www.nytimes.com/books/99/08/01/reviews/990801.01faustt.html - 19k - Cached - Similar pages
      Fatal Attraction
      nytimes.com

Aug 1, 1999 ... Ottilie Assing and Frederick Douglass. ... he past year has compelled Americans to confront the complex and morally ... emigre, as a woman of talent and ambition , and as a white woman in love with a famous black man.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  8. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,842
    Yes they did.

The black community did split and it was intense. Ida B. Wells even spoke on the issue.

But we can agree to disagree. I won't waste my time right now, getting references.

LOL!!!-- according to the historians!!!

NO NO NO ...!

He had elicit affairs with two white women during his marriage with his Black wife! He married one woman after her death.
    They insulted his Black wife, when he went to England, and told him that he was unequally yoked to her due to her physical appearance.

Oh and by the way, FREDERICK DOUGLASS DID NOT refer to himself as A BLACK MAN!!!

In his book that he wrote, he identified himself as being HITTITE like his White father, slave master.

smh.

Don't get me started... Huh

Why to do some black women hide their obsession with mixed or light skinned Black men behind real Black men and try to insult, dominate, control other Blacks to be that suppressed!?

Why do some so-called Black woman pretend they are so Black oriented and then as soon as you lay your guard down, they the first ones to say, they are part-Latino or something, and try to control other Blacks to accept that crap.

Let me say it again...

The Black Community became divided from Frederick Douglass due to his unethical dealings with the white women while he was married to his black wife...the one that gave him the money to head north to get his own freedom.

No, I won't be reading you books about 'Love across the Color Lines', but I don't have a problem with you loving interracial relationships.

9. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    You really need to provide some type of proof that the Black Community became DIVIDED over Frederick Douglas affairs. Not denying Douglass had affairs.

Fredrick Douglass was a a Black leader who will forever be cemented in Our Black History.

I'm really not concerned about who he was sleeping with. When we were dealing with issues of freedom. I don't care about the gossip going on about our leaders.
    Pure gossip. True or not. I prefer to speak of his greatness not who he was sleeping with.

Gossip. What did Ida B. Wells say about Fredrick dating that other old white woman.
    How exactly did Douglas actions split the Black communities.
    I want receipts that Douglas affairs SPLIT THE BLACK COMMUNITIES. FIND SOMETHING OR I CAN ASSUME YOU JUST TALKING WHITE ****.
    Why white folk always trying to sneak in Black folk lives and now our Black History.
    Get outta here!!

10. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,101

By the time the Douglasses took their own vows, a constitutional amendment banning interracial marriage had been proposed and lynch mobs styled themselves defenders of racial purity and separation, torturing and murdering black men for alleged sexual relations with white women.

The Douglasses’ friend, journalist Ida B. Wells, took up the campaign against the terrorism, and Helen herself spoke out against lynching in her widowhood.

Is this the Ida B. Wells you talking bout? One of Douglass close friends.